Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:46 AM

10,189 posts, read 7,919,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Not where I was born and raised.

It only appears that way on the surface. There's a lot going on behind those closed doors Honey that make-up covers pretty well.

And you would find the same thing in any section of the country. Only the ignorant would blame the South.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:56 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,320,466 times
Quote:
Of course you, a man, would feel that way. You're not a part of the elite "protected class" that the OP seems to think women are part of.

Now, if we could only find the alternate reality that it exists in.....
Everything the OP states is 100% correct with the exception of driving which is debatable. Please feel free to prove it wrong instead of trying to deflect by talking about rape. After you've done that we can discuss the clear gender bias in the courts that overwhelmingly favors women over men by granting much lighter sentences for the exact same crimes. Then we can move on to divorce court where men routinely get raked over the coals and are left penniless and paying huge child support and alimony payments while women get everything handed to them and a free ride.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:12 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,208,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
And you would find the same thing in any section of the country. Only the ignorant would blame the South.
You were the one who said women were treated better in the south, not I.

I agree, it happens everywhere.

But, in my 56 years I have learned one thing. For the most part, people will only treat you badly if you allow them to.

Good thing I figured that out at an early age.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:44 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,032,177 times
The reason the USA is a man-hating society is because we've got white knights and feminists running it. It's a politically correct culture. If a man dares to speak his mind, he'll automatically be subjected to shaming language. And the criminal justice system, which is actually the largest organized crime syndicate, is heavily biased against men when it comes to divorce, child custody, false accusations, etc.

Men can't even have men-only groups or spaces without women intruding, or else they'll be sued or the groups will disband. But it's okay for women to have women-only groups and spaces and men aren't allowed.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:47 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,032,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furrypro View Post
It is a radically feminist country. It's awful for women who have male children, too.
Yes, especially when those boys are going to grow up hating on their own gender.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:02 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,208,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
The reason the USA is a man-hating society is because we've got white knights and feminists running it. It's a politically correct culture. If a man dares to speak his mind, he'll automatically be subjected to shaming language. And the criminal justice system, which is actually the largest organized crime syndicate, is heavily biased against men when it comes to divorce, child custody, false accusations, etc.

Men can't even have men-only groups or spaces without women intruding, or else they'll be sued or the groups will disband. But it's okay for women to have women-only groups and spaces and men aren't allowed.
Just a note here, divorce and child custody issues fall under the jurisdiction of family/civil court.

Please, carry on.........

Old 06-18-2012, 01:39 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,448,596 times
Quote:
Of course you, a man, would feel that way. You're not a part of the elite "protected class" that the OP seems to think women are part of.

Now, if we could only find the alternate reality that it exists in.....

Quote:
Anti-discrimination laws only regard unequal or unfair treatment as unlawful discrimination when the victim is a member of a defined group known as a protected class.
Protected Class Law & Legal Definition

Women generally fall into this group, Men do not.

Women also have Affirmative Action advantages which men - at least white men - do not.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:49 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,448,596 times
Quote:
Just a note here, divorce and child custody issues fall under the jurisdiction of family/civil court.

Please, carry on.........
Men get screwed in criminal court also.....

Quote:

Studies delving into this complicated legal arena often emerge with evidence that women generally do end up with shorter sentences than men, even though gender, along with race, nation of origin, religion and other inherent characteristics aren't supposed to be considered by the law. Lighter women's sentencing happens even when several factors are controlled for in an attempt to determine which variables affect sentence lengths and how they enter sentencing scenarios
Women and Crime: Sentencing Equality : Investigation Discovery

Old 06-18-2012, 02:16 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,185,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurb View Post
If you refuse to believe it, ask yourself these questions:

A). Why are women a protected class

B). Why do women get the same opportunity to enlist in the military without the same obligation to register for the draft?

C). Why Do men get more traffic tickets than women, desptite the fact that men are better drivers? Yes, it's been proven.

The bottom line answer to these questions, IMO is that this is a feminist country that likes to coddle its women while kicking it's men in the teeth. If you know that typical chic who sweet talks her self out of tickets or if you had the sisters who was held in higher regard by your parents than you, I'm sure you can relate to this rant.

There's a draft? Are they even registering anyone? Anyhow, someone decided long ago that men fight and women reload the weapons. that's the way thing have been, seeing men start the wars, they fight them.

Men get more tickets and have more accidents becuz they log more miles and they have less respect for authority.

Oh, and men are less intelligent.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:29 PM

186 posts, read 262,333 times
In regards to registering for selective service: My opinion is that they do not register women because of the possibility of her getting pregnant. It would open a whole discussion on rather being pregnant made them ineligable (sp) and just add to a paperwork and oversight that would be needed. There are fewer family "units" and more kids being born with fathers not in the picture. Drafting a woman with kids could be problematic. Until there is another draft, they will most likely leave it as is.

In regards to males in the court and divorce: When it is just two people there is a lot more equality in the "split". It is often based on how much each person makes, so if you make a great deal more than the wife, then you may end up with more of the debt/less of the assets. If there are children involved, you will pay more for your "freedom".

My X cheated, asked his now wife to marry him before he even told me we had a problem (after 12 years of marriage), took my car...which I had paid off but stupidly put both names on, to his bank and got a signature loan on it, a whole host of other things. Yes we split the debt but I took all the revolving debt because I knew he would never pay it, and left him with the house, etc. Once I paid my parts of the debt I was left with nothing.

I think men get in the same frame of mind I was in...I just wanted it over, and I didn't fight. Stupid, but once I found out he was cheating, there was nothing left for me to fight for.

I don't think this country is bad for one gender or another, but people need to check their morals and values before they get involved. I won't get married again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies