Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 12:28 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Aren't you just a little bit (actually a lot) presumptuous in assuming I associate myself with the Muslim religion when I have clearly stated time and time again that I'm Agnostic? I guess that little bit of clarity is too much for your bigotry filled brain to handle. Typical.

Why would I move to Dearborn when I live in Los Angeles attending college for free? Huh. Trying to derail the conversation like a typical detractor of whatever religion or lifestyle doesn't suit their pretty little mind's eye as per usual.

I really feel sorry for you. Just like your buddy Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid."
I'm sure if apps were going out for human shields like during the Iraq invasion you'd be first in line. I'm not derailing anything just stating facts. Shoulda taken care of this muslim problem back in the day and we wouldn't be having this chat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 12:35 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
You conveniently forgot to include the other half of the picture - which is a Muslim also engaged in hand-to-hand combat.

Or are you unaware of history?
We should set aside a piece of land for all those who would murder for the "My God is better than your God" BS and let them have it until they're done, it would be a great contribution towards a more peaceful world.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:39 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,367,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
We should set aside a piece of land for all those who would murder for the "My God is better than your God" BS and let them have it until they're done, it would be a great contribution towards a more peaceful world.
I noticed that you failed to address the fact that your original point - and stupid picture - got knocked flat on it's a$$. Coward.

"Them"?

You'd be right in there fighting to, brandishing your crazy religion as the right one.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:52 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I'm sure if apps were going out for human shields like during the Iraq invasion you'd be first in line. I'm not derailing anything just stating facts. Shoulda taken care of this muslim problem back in the day and we wouldn't be having this chat.
Presumptuous again aren't we?

I already served in our nations military. US Navy 2007 - 2011, USS Arleigh Burke, DDG51. I have no intention on ever returning to the armed forces. I did my time and fulfilled my duty to our country.

Have you? I doubt it. Typical keyboard patriot

Old 06-18-2012, 12:57 PM

So because you were in the military that justifies your defense of militant muslims? How do you come to that conclusion? Oh that's right it's all you got left. Lets see you can't attack my faith since I claim I'm not a Christian so on to trying to play the I served my country card. LOL. I served too I just don't hide behind it like you are doing. Lot of folks served the country. That make me, you or them better than anybody else? Not in my eyes. You need that for some reason.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:08 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
So because you were in the military that justifies your defense of militant muslims? How do you come to that conclusion?
Again, I keep telling you that I'm not defending militant Muslims. I am defending their religious freedom and how you support the stifling of their freedoms. Get over yourself.

Quote:
Oh that's right it's all you got left. Lets see you can't attack my faith since I claim I'm not a Christian so on to trying to play the I served my country card. LOL. I served too I just don't hide behind it like you are doing. Lot of folks served the country. That make me, you or them better than anybody else? Not in my eyes. You need that for some reason.
LOL Alright it's clear you're just full of bigotry and ignorance. I'm not hiding behind anything. I put out my information about my military service so that you know I'm not lying about it. Not my fault you don't want to accept other view points. I make a point about your religion and you claim not to be religious I make a point about you not serving and you lie saying you did

You're just full of lies and bigotry. LOL I'm done with you.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:31 PM

I know your not lying about it how?? You now have to resort to saying I'm lying about serving? Is that your game? That is your entire agenda in this thread to insult others isn't it?? Your doing a good job that's for sure. Now go stick your head back in your school book kid and at least get some education I know your not paying for.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:13 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Again, you're all self-identified.
How many of you use your religion to hate women, gays, etc?
Generic you try to force your religion in our laws.
I see it hundreds of times a week on CD.

I believe these whackaloons are christians.
Taunting and harassing people seems to be christian business.
I guess that this is how this sect converts.

What gives you the right or authority to say who is/is not christian.
Look at the logic fallacy above.
Who gives you the authority to say who is or is not a Christian?

Are you this passionate about the bad things Muslims do? For some reason, whenever it comes down to it, I see you always hate on the Christians but defend Muslims to the death. You have your freedom of speech but I am wondering.

I see the good in both religions. I will not defend one while putting down the other. I will praise the religion if I believe there is good to it.

And funny you mention restricting women and gays? You act like only the religion of Christianity represses them.

I go to Dearborn EVERY SINGLE DAY and let me tell you that women are much more restricted there than I have seen in Christian/White neighborhoods.

I am Indian so they frequently confuse me as an Arab Muslim and give me bad looks and disapprove of me because I dont cover myself or wear a Hijab. They talk to me in Arabic (which I do not understand) and then ask me why my parents didn't teach me in a degrading manner. HELLO! I AM NOT EVEN ARAB IN THE FIRST PLACE!

So before you go on hating on the Christians ONLY, think about it.

Quote:
Dearborn has been overrun by muslims. More will flock there and Detroit as it continues to fall to pieces and lawlessness reigns supreme. Those types of places are magnets for the militant muslims. Don't be surprised if a terrorist attack is spawned from there here soon.
FBI had raided Dearborn several times. An Imam (Islamic religious Priest) was preaching Anti American talks and whatnot. When Hasan shot out Fort Hood, I saw several celebrations. When 9-11 happened, there were celebrations.

TO BE FAIR THOUGH, when Osama was caught, there were also celebrations then too.

Quote:
What is funny is two of the vehement defenders of the muslims are women. Even if YOU don't believe in some "guy in the sky" they do and THEY will force you to wear burkas and treat you as a second class citizen. Sure they let you walk around here in the US for now but if they ever get their way.............

Useful idiots.
Yes. I fear this having seen it firsthand. I go to Dearborn every single day. Have been for the past 2 years and trust me, my friend. Not getting any better. Maybe I have it worse because I am Indian and they think I am one of them or what but some really dont like that I am a young attractive female who has no hijab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Is there any American flags flying in Dearbornistan? If so, will the last American citizen leaving that city please take it with you when you leave.
Oh yes. There are several US flags in Dearborn. I see them. But they are often outnumbered by the flags on Lebanon, Afgan, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, etc etc etc. The cars usually have bumper stickers in Arabic and Koran verses in English for people like me to read.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:27 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Really? We go out and "murder" them? Maybe we are trying to control them to keep their violence down as much as possible? If you remember, they hijacked our planes-filled with OUR citizens and flew them into OUR buildings. Who would think of something like that?

Mexicans come to America to become Americans and work. The Irish came to America to become Americans and work and build families in freedom. Same with the Germans and Italians.

The Muslims come to America to be Muslims. And when their numbers are sufficient, you will find out just how "peaceful" they are.
IN BOLD. You are correct, my friend.

They do not care about America. They do not care about helping anyone or any other cause other than their own.

If you dare to even ask a simple question about their religion, they get very defensive and in some cases angry. I don't even call Islam a religion anymore. I call it a cult. They don't question anything. Just whatever their parents/neighbors/Imams preach is what they know. The end. Don't you dare question them though.

You are talking about the people who celebrate 9/11 and put down other faiths. Yet, you just DRAW A SIMPLE PICTURE of Muhammed and they act like you slipped them Bacon in their food. They go nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
It (anti-semitism) started out small. Little things. Demonization in the press, in culture. Much like what has started to happen in recent times toward Christians.

^This. Rather, hate speech and lies about Christians has become acceptable, while it's unacceptable to "say wrong" against other religions such as Islam and Atheism. The country keeps going this route, and it's going to be bad.
I have been noticing this too. Why is it is ok to mock Christians and other religions EXCEPT Islam?

I disagree about not being able to say bad about Atheists. I am an borderline Atheist and trust me when I say I hear plenty say crap about it.

When it comes to mocking Christians, many stand up and mock. But when it comes to mocking Islam...I guess we know we are dealing with a group of (mostly) savage barbarians who will cut your head off or blow you up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I don't agree with it but I have no sympathy for the Muslims. They brought it onto themselves by trying to stifle freedom of speech in smaller previous incidents.
Exactly. I have a Muslim friend who says that Muslims are always picked on.

I am like "Yeah...well....they do all this **** to other groups and people and yet if you just say one thing or draw a picture of Muhammed, they act insane."

If a Muslim kills a Christian or non Muslim for mocking their religion, it is murder and the non Muslim should not have said those things. If a Non Muslim kills a Muslim, then it is a hate crime. CAIR and other Islamic groups come weeping about how terrible America is and how repressed they are.

MAKES ME SICK EVERY TIME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Why don't all Muslims do the same? You know, if the Koran isn't all about violence and killing every "infidel" in the world.

Not just the "nice (Muslim) ones" who aren't going to blow your head off and kill your parents and kids in front of you?

You obviously know nada about Christianity. The point is to try the best you can, you can still shove the head of a pig up in someone's personal space. That's your choice. You are given freedom of choice. Much better than flying a plane into a building because your 3rd world country life and ancient religious thinking told you to. YMMV.

I assume Muslims are too - given freedom in choice as to what BS they want to follow or not. It would just be really nice if more of the "norm" would stand up and demand their heads of their religion discount, LOUDLY and CLEARLY, the radical movement.

The difference is that it is politically correct to hate Christians and LOVE up on the Muslims.

Now that's a load of Shi* and you know it.
Exactly. I agree. 100 percent. They are simply not vocal enough against the violence. They stay quiet. They are too afraid to say something wrong against their own kind.

BUT having said this, I have come across many dear people (Hijab and not) who I will never forget. It is implied but NOT ALL MUSLIMS ARE BAD OR TERRORISTS. I think the upcoming generation of Arabs will not be as extreme. I see extremists it in parents and grandparents. Older generations. My friends and fellow college students are not like that. They are Muslims but are not the type to go trying to convert people and can debate religion with me without getting panties twisted in a wad.

As much as I dislike Islam, I will obviously fight for the right for someone to be a Muslim.It is the USA. But I also have the same freedom to speak out AGAINST what I see and I will not stand by while some blindly defend Islam having known nothing about it.

I invite you to come and stay in Dearborn for a couple of days. It is then you will get a fair view (the city itself is not bad at all....home of Ford Motor Company and you can see Henry Ford Estate and Greenfield Village....REALLY NEAT THINGS)! You will see the best of Muslims (dear friends, people who just wish to live their lives, run their business, college students just trying to be be successful). You will see the worst (sexist, anti American, self serving, cult following, controlling, extremist).

Visit Dearborn this summer!!! And I will be your tour guide!

Old 06-26-2012, 06:35 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I don't believe people like that are true Christians. That's not how a true Christian should be acting.
A true Christian brings in new disciples through love and teaching, not through hate and taunting. Jesus Christ was about loving other people. Being a Christian myself, I'm not going to taunt someone with a pig. That isn't how you attract more people to the faith. You do that through love. Show love to others, and you show what Christianity is really about. It is about the love Jesus Christ had for human kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies