Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 12:17 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
TL;DR and I don't read the sienna text anyway.

Be more like Jesus and all that. Open your mind and be less bigoted and ignorant.

Though concerning what side of the fence you lean on politically, I know you and your ilk have a hard time doing that.

Oh well. Here's my pity - keep the change.

Yeah, don't read the sienna so you don't have to see the truth in more ways than one.

Oh, I AM being like Jesus, but since you don't read sienna you'll not know this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 12:57 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I don't like Muslims because too many are just like their Mohammed. Their faith is based on murder and oppression. One of the biggest myths is that Islam is a religion of peace. Completely false.
Is that why we have murdered and oppressed them while we occupy their countries?

Old 06-17-2012, 07:24 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Is that why we have murdered and oppressed them while we occupy their countries?
Really? We go out and "murder" them? Maybe we are trying to control them to keep their violence down as much as possible? If you remember, they hijacked our planes-filled with OUR citizens and flew them into OUR buildings. Who would think of something like that?

Mexicans come to America to become Americans and work. The Irish came to America to become Americans and work and build families in freedom. Same with the Germans and Italians.

The Muslims come to America to be Muslims. And when their numbers are sufficient, you will find out just how "peaceful" they are.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:42 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Dear god, while I agree there is vilification of Christians over politics.....your comment is....ok, I'm not going to say it, let's just give you an example.
Comparing US treatment of Christians to 1930's germany for jews is like comparing a misquito bite to being shot in the chest with a 120mm armor piercing tank round from an M1A Abrams battle tank.
It (anti-semitism) started out small. Little things. Demonization in the press, in culture. Much like what has started to happen in recent times toward Christians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
it is politically correct to hate Christians
^This. Rather, hate speech and lies about Christians has become acceptable, while it's unacceptable to "say wrong" against other religions such as Islam and Atheism. The country keeps going this route, and it's going to be bad.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:53 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I thnik perhaps one need to see that hate breeds hate.They can't tolerate hate amoung their group clearly heard everyday then think it doesn't come around.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:00 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
I don't agree with it but I have no sympathy for the Muslims. They brought it onto themselves by trying to stifle freedom of speech in smaller previous incidents.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:06 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I don't believe people like that are true Christians. That's not how a true Christian should be acting.
You don't get to decide who is/is not christian.
They do.
Most of the murderers in the US are christian, too!

I see it as a religion of hatred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Though I may agree with their POV, I am very uncomfortable with this being associated with Christians. It's not right to be this way toward other people, because the are people and they should be treated with the same respect as everyone else. I would feel very different about this if they were doing it overseas where the Muslims are actually killing Christians. It would make more sense. The problem here is that when people, who are uneducated about what REAL Christians stand for, think about Christians stories like these are the first things that come to their minds because these are the "Christians" that get the most publicity. It needs to stop.

Christians who agree with this wholeheartedly, think about this: Would you want them coming to one of the festivals, or what have you, at your church and putting up bigoted signs?
All christians are self-identified.
You don't get to determine who is and who isn't. That's the No True Scotsman fallacy.
http://www.doxa.ws/Fallacies/Scottsman.html
http://www.logicalfallacies.info/pre...true-scotsman/
Don't forget that lots of US christians are killing muslims in the ME simply because they're muslim.
What's a person to think?

Old 06-17-2012, 12:19 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
There is not even a chance that these people are Christians. They really disgust me on so many levels. They bring disrepute and loathing to the glorious gospel of Jesus.

Jesus commands His followers to LOVE their neighbour and as a matter of fact even commands us to love our enemies and those who hate us, not that these Muslims dislike us in any way.

Christian is a pretty loose term out there these days. Give me 2 minutes with any of these people and they will walk away knowing full well they are not Christian in any way shape or form!!!!!!
Again, you're all self-identified.
How many of you use your religion to hate women, gays, etc?
Generic you try to force your religion in our laws.
I see it hundreds of times a week on CD.

I believe these whackaloons are christians.
Taunting and harassing people seems to be christian business.
I guess that this is how this sect converts.

What gives you the right or authority to say who is/is not christian.
Look at the logic fallacy above.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:34 PM

276 posts, read 236,216 times
True Christian or not, I don't know. I do know they are awful salesmen.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Kansas, Alabama, Oklahoma, same crap

JK
How about the Uppa U Ass and adjoining parts of Canada? Do you think those regions are much different? Well, yeah, but only being the opposite in many things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies