Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 02:49 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,217,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Even as weird as those people are, I'd FAR rather spend time with them than you. Honestly, you frighten me - and it's not because I fear for my safety. I fear for humanity.
Aw, shucks, you hurt my feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 02:50 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,944,554 times
What is funny is two of the vehement defenders of the muslims are women. Even if YOU don't believe in some "guy in the sky" they do and THEY will force you to wear burkas and treat you as a second class citizen. Sure they let you walk around here in the US for now but if they ever get their way.............

Useful idiots.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:55 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,861,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You can pick scriptures from the OT that justify the same thing.
True. In fact, the Old Testament is very violent. If you believe in Noah's Ark, then God looked down and disapproved of us humans and destroyed every one of us. How many people were left on that ark...8? Now there are about 7 billion people in the world. So we must have done a lot of begatting over the years, huh? (sorry, I just like that word!) Also, isn't the "Lake of Fire" where all unbelievers will be punished in the New Testament?

Old 06-17-2012, 03:59 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,189,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybarboni View Post
Anyone who believes in an invisible sky buddy is warped in the head imo..Especially in today's day in age, this isn't 6000 years ago where humans looked to the gods for comfort from an uncertain world.

I guess I am just "warped in the head" for my belief that Jesus died for mankind's sins.

Right now I am reading "What is so great about Christianity? by
Dinesh D'Souza. Mr. D'Souza explains in his two accounts of why people find solace in religion despite living in a world where most things can be explained by science.

The secular account would go like this:

Humans are just the descendant of a tiny cell 3 billion years ago. Humans are just a product of time and chance. You live in a meaningless universe where you came from nothing and will not be going nowhere.

The Christian account would go like this:

You are a creation of a all-powerful and warm God. You are special because you are created in his image. The creator loves you and has a plan for each and every one of you. If you are willing accept the gift of salvation you can become the child of God.

Now tell me what account inspires people to become religious (and Christan from my point of view) ?

Old 06-17-2012, 04:42 PM

25,781 posts, read 16,408,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yes, we go out and murder them and torture them and rape them and throw their puppies off of cliffs.
You're saying that over 100,000 Iraqi's flew into two US buildings?

Sadly, I find this to be typical christian behavior.
Have at it.
You can hang the Iraq war on GW Bush and I was NOT for that. I'm talking about our war with the Taliban which we should be amping up. We need to kill every single one of them until the Taliban is no more.

Old 06-17-2012, 04:46 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,468,667 times
These were not "Christians." Christians don't behavior in that way. They're doing the Devil's work, masquerading as Christians. Let's keep it real, in focus on who these people are and who/what they represent.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:01 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,984,635 times
Default A fair article being commented on by clowns..

Actually the article was a fair article.

It did not condem all Christians, mentioned that Catholics were also a target of some of the Christian protestors, and was honest about the response and actions of some of the Muslims in the crowd.

Most importantly it mentioned the fact it was about 12 Christian protestors creating the bad environment. So, the writer did not use any exagerations.

Of course on the other hand, the garden variety of clowns that post to this forum went all over the map with it...

So, what the OP accomplished in my mind is - "Hey, this seems like a fair Moslem link to refer to once in a while..."

Old 06-17-2012, 05:10 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,219,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I guess you havn't been paying attention to the goings on in Dearborn the last few years. Or Somalia either. You probably think all those pirates down there are Johnny Depp clones right? lol
Huh? What does Johnny Depp have to do with anything? Stay on topic, would you?

As far as Somalia goes, I have more of an understanding than you ever will since I've actually encountered Somalian pirates on the open seas several years ago. I know very well what's going on.

Back on topic, isn't Christianity supposed to be about "love thy neighbor" and wasn't Jesus all about acceptance and all that? If that's the case why are you failing your "god" in that regard?

Old 06-17-2012, 05:14 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,219,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What is funny is two of the vehement defenders of the muslims are women. Even if YOU don't believe in some "guy in the sky" they do and THEY will force you to wear burkas and treat you as a second class citizen. Sure they let you walk around here in the US for now but if they ever get their way.............

Useful idiots.
OR they're defending the rights and freedoms of American citizens since, ya know, we all live under the US CONSTITUTION and the "Muslims" in Detroit or wherever else they are are AMERICAN CITIZENS as much as I know it bothers you to admit. An American is an American whether they have a green card or are born into this country.

I see that tolerance and understanding others is another failed concept of yours set down by your "god" and Jesus Christ. How shameful it is that you're a failed Christian. I almost pity you.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:59 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,824,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I don't believe people like that are true Christians. That's not how a true Christian should be acting.

I would add they are not good Americans either since freedom of religion is the right by which their whacked beliefs are allowed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies