Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 09:54 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times

Advertisements

Nancy Pelosi has already stated that impeachment was, "off the table" so we know now how the democratic leadership feels about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 10:14 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Is being so grossly incompetent as to not be able to discern what the truth was any better?

Comes down to either we have crooks or dummies. Yunno what I always find when I am trying to figure out if someone is just dumb or a crook? They are always just dumb crooks.

Why in the world is the US still supporting such trash at the very top? Does not matter whether you are on the top of the hill or down near the gutter -- If you will not throw out the trash, you will live in garbage.
He is clearly not an intelligence expert nor is he supposed to be. I have no problem with a question about his competence. If you question that, you should also question the competence of those who were quoted in earlier posts that stated similar points. The constant claim that he lied and should be impeached for it while excusing all of the other people that thought same is political partisanship garbage.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:40 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,548,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
He is clearly not an intelligence expert nor is he supposed to be. I have no problem with a question about his competence. If you question that, you should also question the competence of those who were quoted in earlier posts that stated similar points. The constant claim that he lied and should be impeached for it while excusing all of the other people that thought same is political partisanship garbage.
You are correct that Bush is not alone in this. Personally I would start the War Crime trials with Bush, Cheney, Rummy and Powell. Powell will roll on them, as he has already said it was all a lie when he resigned.

Of course the lies and deceit go further than just Bush and his near company, but the nature of War Crimes is to prosecute the top. At least that would be an improvement to restoring America and Iraq.

Like most liars and con men -- these clown truly believed they could roll Iraq and everything would come out where no one really noticed much because it some big victory. Like a hostile corporate take-over.

Turned out that some of the folks over there have enough honor and pride to fight back. Guess they are running ahead of a lot of us. But this is a promising note --

SignOnSanDiego.com > In Iraq -- Generals opposing Iraq war break with military tradition

Old 09-26-2007, 03:45 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
Honestly??? I think this could be a case of plausible deniability for Bush. I think many on his staff or in his cabinet knew data was suspect but told Bush what to say...

It's my firm belief that most of the Bush Presidency has been just that. Bush being the mouthpiece for those making the decisions in the Neo-Con administration.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
Honestly??? I think this could be a case of plausible deniability for Bush. I think many on his staff or in his cabinet knew data was suspect but told Bush what to say...

It's my firm belief that most of the Bush Presidency has been just that. Bush being the mouthpiece for those making the decisions in the Neo-Con administration.
So let's start the indictments and trials and find out.

Nothing to lose in that, and everythng to gain.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:25 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
If there is not impeachable offense, maybe they should pass a nonbinding resolution.

Resolution 911. After a full week of careful debate and deliberation, we resolve, in a way that we acknowledge has no meaning or benefit to the people of the United States, that The President should be condemned for arriving at the conclusion that we did based on the evidence presented. In addition, we note that had we known then what we know now, we would have concluded that there were no WMD's once we knew there were no WMD's.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:28 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
So let's start the indictments and trials and find out.

Nothing to lose in that, and everythng to gain.
Lots to lose and nothing to gain -

Old 09-26-2007, 04:38 PM

659 posts, read 1,374,289 times
Quote:
You are correct that Bush is not alone in this. Personally I would start the War Crime trials with Bush, Cheney, Rummy and Powell. Powell will roll on them, as he has already said it was all a lie when he resigned.

Of course the lies and deceit go further than just Bush and his near company, but the nature of War Crimes is to prosecute the top. At least that would be an improvement to restoring America and Iraq.

Like most liars and con men -- these clown truly believed they could roll Iraq and everything would come out where no one really noticed much because it some big victory. Like a hostile corporate take-over.

Turned out that some of the folks over there have enough honor and pride to fight back. Guess they are running ahead of a lot of us. But this is a promising note --

SignOnSanDiego.com > In Iraq -- Generals opposing Iraq war break with military tradition
What about the Smart Aleck's over here, Blair, Brown, Hoon, Straw, Reid Scarlet and many more?

Old 09-26-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
If there is not impeachable offense, maybe they should pass a nonbinding resolution.

Resolution 911. After a full week of careful debate and deliberation, we resolve, in a way that we acknowledge has no meaning or benefit to the people of the United States, that The President should be condemned for arriving at the conclusion that we did based on the evidence presented. In addition, we note that had we known then what we know now, we would have concluded that there were no WMD's once we knew there were no WMD's.
That totally ignores the information that Scott Ritter -- who was both a US military officer and the lead weapons inspector in Iraq gave them -- i.e. No WMD were in Iraq. Ritter was putting on public performances all the way to the start of the war.

Everyone knew it was fake in advance. The Cheney Energy Task force knew America was going broke on imported energy and figured hijacking Iraq would cover US. The Dems in Congress know this, too. Anyone in the energy field knows this.

The fake documents and photos were just garbage scraped together. That was why Powell was screaming about being ordered to present the lies to the UN.

The British knew it was all fake, too. But they owed us payback, and are as messed up as we are economically, so they wanted to piece of the action, too. The French and Canadians knew the Iraq nonsense was fake -- that was why they would not go along. Before the standard "Freedom Fries" crap starts -- the French and Canadians Both supported US in Afcrapistan.

But Iraq was a stupid plan put together by dumb folks. And gee it did not work out so well. Time to cut our losses and put our crooks in jail.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:22 PM

711 posts, read 933,257 times
Smile Impeachable

We may need to ask--Exactly what is a impeachable offense--how many should have been impeached and were not--and what can be done to assure this shasm does not continue and our leaders are held to an actual higher standard than the average american who's decisions have much less impact.

Can anyone imagine the powers that be properly policing themselves. If political reforms are long over due by what means should they be instituted.

Most of us I imagine--regardless of which side of the party aisle we sit-- have many unexplained questions concerning current happenings and the way our country in run in general. I can't really call those press conferences proper explainations--they sound more like authoritarian dodge-ball.

Just a few---Why do we allow corporations to continue to scald American workers by a whole host of policies and not step in with legislative and/or other restraints.
Why are we heavily indebted to Communist countries--China for one--and examine our policies toward the Cuba regeime while concerning ourselves with multi-religious societies on the other side of the world.

Why does our govt. not respond to the manufacture and use of vehicles which are larger--some are monsterous-- and actually less fuel efficient on average than those five years ago.
If we have the technology to turn other countries into glass parking lots almost instantly---why this pathetic oil dependence--where are the alternative fuels.

Why has our authorities allowed our country to be overrun with unvaccinated non English speaking aliens who over burden our social systems in many parts of the country. Has any American experience with gaining employment in a foreign country or purchasing property on foreign soil.

Is it fair or wise to allow manufacturing go to H in a handbag in this country while a huge amount of imports flood our markets and demean American labor.

As far as lobbys, instead of the oil -- drug companies etc. maybe we need a citizen lobby to assure our elected actually do the duties necessary to promote the common good of the country they live in and represent--- for ALL the citizens.
I bet the lobby mess would command instant scrutinization at that point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies