Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 03:08 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times

Advertisements

What is the vision of the federal government that the right has in mind? What would the federal government be and do if yall had total control to shape it in your form? I'm not trying to start a flame war here, I'm just interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 03:12 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
What is the vision of the federal government that the right has in mind? What would the federal government be and do if yall had total control to shape it in your form? I'm not trying to start a flame war here, I'm just interested.
Libertarians are always to the right. Many of us are quite liberal on the social issues, but conservative in regards to fiscal/gov. Even (in regards to fiscal/gov) then we have varying stripes. No broad brush strokes will do any justice here.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:15 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Libertarians are always to the right. Many of us are quite liberal on the social issues, but conservative in regards to fiscal/gov. Even (in regards to fiscal/gov) then we have varying stripes. No broad brush strokes will do any justice here.
I'm not saying in terms of broad strokes, just if you are on the right, what should the federal government look like?

Old 06-18-2012, 03:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
I'm not saying in terms of broad strokes, just if you are on the right, what should the federal government look like?
I would love if it looked like Kate Beckinsale.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:21 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
The federal government would abide by the restrictions placed upon it by the US Constitution. It would not be involved in education, energy, health care, social programs, or any other power that is not specifically granted to the federal government by the US Constitution.

Everything that the federal government does now that is not specifically granted to the federal government by the US Constitution would revert to the States to keep or abolish as they see fit.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:26 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
Libertarian, isolationist, protectionist.

The same government Thomas Jefferson described and tried to institute.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Its first priority is natinal defense. The found had limit role for federal govenrmant and other roles for state governamnt. We need to egt back to four roles. Federal role;state role;loacl roles and individual role and responsibilty.Nothig i the end can replays perosn role and to ignore it is to become enslaved by government. No one should accept government as parent.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:32 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,514,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Libertarians are always to the right.
I agree, No broad brush strokes will do any justice here.

While much of the Libertarian Movement in America is on the Right, there are still a fair number of Left Libertarians, including myself.

Last edited by kaimuki; 06-18-2012 at 03:42 PM..

Old 06-18-2012, 03:50 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:

A small federal government whose primary focus is protecting ALL of the people from both internal and external threats. So that includes the military, police, courts, etc.

Libertarians would eliminate a huge portion of the federal government including bail outs, product subsidies, farm subsidies, corporate subsidies and individual subsidies. We would also stop the federal government from telling us what we can eat, drink or smoke, and who we can marry and who we can have sex with.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:51 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
And BTW, there is a huge difference between the Tea Party and the Libertarian Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies