Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:55 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,627,816 times

Advertisements

The advertisements promoting the homosexual lifestyle in an attempt to pander to the politically correct failed JC Penny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 09:55 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,978,340 times
I guess JCP's aggressively courting the homosexual 1% at the expense of their core 99% didn't work out very well then?

Old 06-18-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I have a feeling that if their stocks were going up, you'd say it was because of the gay ads.
Most definitely. The homosexual militants would cite this as “proof” that homosexuality was “accepted” by society. Now it’s all manner of excuses and reasons otherwise from them despite realities to the contrary.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:01 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,849,230 times
I shop at Walmart for groceries and necessary stuff every week, but Walmart is not good for clothes aside from tshirts, socks, and underwear.

I wouldn't go to Walmart to buy nice clothes, but Walmart ain't going to the graveyard like JCP, Sears, Kmart, and Best Buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
JC Penny is pretty popular in NM, which is mostly working-class. My observation is that their problem is more that they don't have skilled help. Their displays, especially in the menswear section, are always a mess, with stacks of product on the floor around the shelf displays. The place is unkempt. Retail pays really poorly, so that probably has something to do with it; they can't hire motivated staff. The rare employee the get who has a degree in business is underutilized. It's a poorly managed business. The same can be said for Wal-Mart and other chain stores. There's no attention to detail, and customers notice.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:06 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,992,562 times
Personally.....an ad campaign isn't going to sway me either way.

The products offered, the layout/cleanliness of the store, the prices, etc. are what will determine whether I shop at a store.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:07 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,587,524 times
Wow, who knew that being ok with gays shopping at JC Penney's would have made for such a quick plunge in their stock. Or could it actually have more to do with the most ridiculous marketing plan ever conceived:

"The new JCPenney sounds so appealing on paper. Earlier this year, the retailer announced that “fake prices”—inflated big time to make markdowns seem more tempting—would disappear, to be replaced with a “fair and square” structure in which original prices started at least 40% lower to begin with. There would no longer be any need to corral coupons or show up at stores at 4 a.m. to get the best prices."

Read more: JCPenney Sales Dip After Changes in Marketing, Pricing | Moneyland | TIME.com

People like to feel like they got a deal. Don't need an MBA to know that.

Your homophobia would be funny, if it weren't so absolutely pathetic.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:24 PM

37,088 posts, read 42,072,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Most definitely. The homosexual militants would cite this as “proof” that homosexuality was “accepted” by society. Now it’s all manner of excuses and reasons otherwise from them despite realities to the contrary.
I love to watch people make up stuff to get worked up over and CD never fails me. It's like debating with yourself isn't it?

Old 06-18-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I love to watch people make up stuff to get worked up over and CD never fails me. It's like debating with yourself isn't it?
My comment was not directed at you.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:36 PM

37,088 posts, read 42,072,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
My comment was not directed at you.

I know, it was directed at YOU.

You set up a scenero you wanted then commented on it. No reality needed.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:01 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,800,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They won't go out of business. Aren't they too big to fail? Plus they are now catering to the chosen group of the ONE. A bailout should be in order when bammer appoints one of his cronies to head the company soon most likely.
All that sentence needed was birth certificate to be complete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies