Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 09:58 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,344,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is that true or can one disagree with his policies without being a racist? What happens to a black man who disagrees with Obama. Is he an Uncle Tom or a reverse racist. I keep wondering why I have been a racist all this time for disagreeing with his policies. I think it has to do with how liberals see things and it is them that call me racist.

If You Disagree with President Obama You Must be a Racist - Godfather Politics

You can disagree with his policies just fine. I, for one, disagree with the individual mandate in the healthcare law he signed.

But when you are saying "well he is a communist" or "He's a Muslim" or "He isn't American", the odds are that your feelings of dislike against the President are more than likely going to show you are a racist.

That doesn't mean you are, you could just be uneducated on the issues.

Disagreeing with his policies doesn't make you a racist, its when someone makes crap up that simply isn't true, then they are probably a racist to some degree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 09:59 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,098,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Swing and a miss
Um...... how exactly?

You're either saying that criticizing Obama's policies are racist or calling Obama a White-hater & looking to give reparations to Black is NOT racist...

Care to expound?

Old 06-19-2012, 10:01 AM

276 posts, read 235,868 times
Quote:
But when you are saying "well he is a communist" or "He's a Muslim" or "He isn't American", the odds are that your feelings of dislike against the President are more than likely going to show you are a racist.
Why? Could it not be just plain partisanship? Its not unprecedented you know. Why assume "racism"?

Old 06-19-2012, 10:12 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,344,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
Why? Could it not be just plain partisanship? Its not unprecedented you know. Why assume "racism"?
Unless the partisanship is trying to unstabilize the country, why make up crap about someone? If your ideas are so much better, let them stand on their own merits, right?

No, if you don't have good ideas to float, then you use lies that support racial stereotypes to draw attention away from you. That means you're either a master manipulator, or you are a racist. At least your using racisim as a weapon.

None of which is honorable or honest, or good for the country.

Plenty to hit Obama with, without making up racist crap.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:14 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,212,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
You're not a racist for disagreeing with his policies.

You're a racist for being a birther, labeling him as "different" or as a foreigner when you don't ask any similar questions, or request the same level of credential of white candidates.

Thanks for allowing me to explain why you're a racist.
Thanks for explaining. I still don't understand, since I am not a bit racist where Obama is concerned. I do not like his policies, most of them anyway, but the color of his skin has nothing to do with that. What white candidates have been asked any of those questions? I haven't seen any of that except that the left went after McCain and are hard after Rubio now. I think that it is policy with me and Obama but you blame me for being racist because I am not sure he is a natural born citizen. I don't see any accusations about his race in that but then I don't lean left, either.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
This AGAIN?
Disagree all you want when it comes to his policies, make racist remarks while doing so and BANG, you are what your are. Clear up your confusion, Roy?
Which of my remarks in that post had anything to do with Obama's race? I did ask about a black man disagreeing with his policies but didn't say anything about his race. You are just in that good old left mode of operation and read words with it.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
How many more of these threads can we expect between now and the election exactly?
As many as it takes. Is there a reason why you read and write in a thread you don't like? What reason could it possibly be?

Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,792,358 times
Crawl into the deepest recesses of Obama's mind and look into that the darkest corner. Ask this question- if this man has a desire and a dream that all white people cease to exist- would he be pleased with that scenario? I would say from what I sense the answer would be yes....ask also would it please him if all Christians stopped existing and America as we know it disappeared off the face of the earth- would he also like that idea...? Some little voice in me says that he harbors all these mentioned secret hopes deep in his mind- Evidently he as done nothing to sustain the nation and keep it strong- so what is his real motivation- what is the sub-text here?

Old 06-19-2012, 10:35 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,098,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Swing and a miss
Lol... And you were saying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Crawl into the deepest recesses of Obama's mind and look into that the darkest corner. Ask this question- if this man has a desire and a dream that all white people cease to exist- would he be pleased with that scenario? I would say from what I sense the answer would be yes....ask also would it please him if all Christians stopped existing and America as we know it disappeared off the face of the earth- would he also like that idea...? Some little voice in me says that he harbors all these mentioned secret hopes deep in his mind- Evidently he as done nothing to sustain the nation and keep it strong- so what is his real motivation- what is the sub-text here?

Old 06-19-2012, 10:38 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,612,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Oh good, so now we're making judgments based on some imaginary game you want to get us to play?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies