Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 03:27 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
However, the racism charge is being aimed at ALL republicans (several threads here in the last month) and was leveled (links in post #46) vs. Hillary supporters and even Hillary and Bill themselves during the 2008 primaries.
If you are taking such accusations as being typical of liberal attitudes, then you are doing the exact same thing you are accusing. The liberals who believe that "ALL republicans" are racist are no more representative of all liberals as racists are representative of all Republicans.

I simply find it ironic that people complain about the other camp by doing the exact thing they are complaining about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 03:28 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
It is dubious, at best, (clinically insane at worst) when you utter an unbelieveably ignorant comment like the bolded...... while saying your location is "partisanship is an intellectual/emotional handicap"

Wow..... is all that I can say.....
The irony is lost on people like that.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:25 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Why must we keep discussing this? This was explained in post 2 of this thread and numerous other posts in numerous threads on the same damn topic. The dog whistle isn't working as designed, we can all hear it, so those of you that keep blowing it and pretending to have valid reasons for your hatred of Obama should quit while you're ahead. The racists are the ones with no substantive arguments, the birthers, the uninformed who know nothing about policy but keep saying they want to take the country back and get all of their news from RW radio shows, RW blogs and Fox News.

Disagreeing with a policy or simply voting Republican does not make you a racist. Hating the POTUS with no good reason and scrutinizing his every move, like how many times he scratches the left side of his face, why you haven't seen a recent picture of his dog, getting upset about him putting his feet on the desk in the oval office, questioning his place of birth despite the fact that he has shown his birth certificate to the public, getting angry over policies that were enacted during the Bush administration (while you were oblivious to all things political), defending people who heckle him and call him a tarbaby, remaining silent while members of your party distribute emails with monkey faces on the first family and watermelons on the Whitehouse lawn and posting misleading artcles with lies in them (written by other people who hate Obama) as if they are fact is what makes you a racist.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:33 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
Why is opposition to the HCB considered "racist"?

The phony accusation of racism should be treated with the same disdain as actual racism.

“Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness.â€- Mary Francis Berry
Good, you gave us a qoute from,Mary Francis Berry.

What has that to do with the President being called a Ghetto African Monkey, an Affirmative Action President, what has any policies to do with his parents being portrayed as monkees or the WH lawn strewn with water melons???...these vile, racist stereotypes aren't put out by backward hicks, they are put out by the "blue blood Republican leadership"!!!

Because admitting that racism against this President is evident, may deflate your rhetoric, dosen't mean that it isn't there.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:24 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
Its "progressives" who claim the virtue of tolerance (while exhibiting the opposite). Example: The New Civility they called for in the wake of the Tucson massacre, where they failed to pin the blame on Sarah Palin.

Marvelous, marvelous! A textbook example of projection!

Wha........ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, brother.

Historical Fact:

Both Republicans and Liberal Democrats have littered history with fine examples of Intolerance, while simultaneously speaking out of the opposite corner of their mouth, about Freedoms, Rights and Tolerance.

To claim otherwise is pure partisan hogwash.

You're free to retain as much ignorance as you choose, that's your right. But you're not selling those turds, here.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:13 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is that true or can one disagree with his policies without being a racist? What happens to a black man who disagrees with Obama. Is he an Uncle Tom or a reverse racist. I keep wondering why I have been a racist all this time for disagreeing with his policies. I think it has to do with how liberals see things and it is them that call me racist.

If You Disagree with President Obama You Must be a Racist - Godfather Politics
Well if godfather is your bible, then that's a good sign. A few Republicans are not racist, however all racists are Republicans, or at least conservatives. I think they all should stand behind their beliefs - publicly and proudly.
Racists want a home, and they have found acceptance in the repug party - not enough wealthy votes, so they need all they can get.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:53 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
If you are taking such accusations as being typical of liberal attitudes, then you are doing the exact same thing you are accusing. The liberals who believe that "ALL republicans" are racist are no more representative of all liberals as racists are representative of all Republicans.

I simply find it ironic that people complain about the other camp by doing the exact thing they are complaining about.
Um, I pointed out in an earlier thread that it wasn't all liberals, heck I didn't even use the word liberals.

It was in a post where I compared a segment, in the very same post I compared that to the segment of the teaparty with a racist agenda even.

The fact that I can make a post like that, acknowledging that both camps have thier agitators and then you start talking about how it's supposed to be ironic because I'm (according to you) just talking about the "other camp" is what is actually ironic.

P.S. I Won't be voting for either Obama (R) or Romney (R+) in this election so trying to distract from my documented points about racism charges against democrats and the clintons in 2008 is desperate. Good day.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Good, you gave us a qoute from,Mary Francis Berry.

What has that to do with the President being called a Ghetto African Monkey, an Affirmative Action President, what has any policies to do with his parents being portrayed as monkees or the WH lawn strewn with water melons???...these vile, racist stereotypes aren't put out by backward hicks, they are put out by the "blue blood Republican leadership"!!!

Because admitting that racism against this President is evident, may deflate your rhetoric, dosen't mean that it isn't there.
Stormfront guys putting out racist emails is no more stemming from the Republican leadership than the NBPP putting a bounty on Zimmerman represents Obama.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I point to this post for the others here claiming that there aren't people trying to label entire swaths of the country as racist due to the actions of extremists. Here we have clearly racist examples from some sad individuals labeled as stemming from republican leadership.

Thanks, you never disappoint.

P.S. And you complain about a certain poster around here making incessant threads whenever a certain ethnic group does soemthing criminal? Hmmmmmmmm....

Last edited by Mathguy; 06-20-2012 at 06:15 AM..

Old 06-20-2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Allow me to cut the chase... How much do you think racism has played, and continues to, in Obama's opposition?
1- Not at all
2- Less than advertised
3- As advertised
4- More than advertised

Hint: I know you want to avoid answering the question, to pretend his race is a non-issue in his opposition.
The 2nd line of my post said "Clearly he is facing more racially motivated.....immigration topic".

With the use of the word "more" I'm acknowledging that he is facing racially motivated resistance and more on some topics.

I also clearly stated that there is a racist segment to the tea party (in opposition to Obama) earlier in this thread.

Have you no shame?

Old 06-20-2012, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
^^^ EinsteinsGhost, it's hard to get straight talk out of Republicans. They like to avoid watershed moments at all cost.
*sigh* read the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies