Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 04:42 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
So you're saying your bedroom is a public arena?
By the definition of most drunk in public laws - she was in public during the commission of all relevant actions in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 04:44 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Default Girl shot while drunkenly trespassing could serve time

" It may sound strange, but the district attorney said drunken college students wander into homes every few weeks, and a similar case happened the day after Ripple's, though nobody got hurt."

I would say they have a problem that needs to be fixed. That being said she should face charges as an example and an eye opener to others.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:45 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Ummm...no. I said that her actions are not worthy of jail time - they amount to a minor misdemeanor which often results in informal probation - and some type of diversion program for alcohol related offenses - such as attending AA meetings.

Did you miss my post where I stated that her she probally can be charged with being drunk in public? Does that sound like I am saying she should be "allowed to do anything"? My point was that she did not willfully break into the house with the intent to do any harm to persons or property inside. She was drunk - and did not know where she was - that is a mitigating factor which lessons the seriousness of the actions.

Now if you had read my posts better - it would not have been neccesary to repeat myself like I just did. Try to read the thread before you post - it is amazing what information you can glean by doing that.
Witty, but useless, prove she had no intent....cause she was drunk, being drunk does not mean violence?

Old 06-19-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
By the definition of most drunk in public laws - she was in public during the commission of all relevant actions in this case.
So the guys house is now public?

Old 06-19-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Witty, but useless, prove she had no intent....cause she was drunk, being drunk does not mean violence?
It is the DA's job to prove intent - which would be rather difficult to do if one is seeking a criminal trespass conviction in this case. Miss Ripple doesn't have to prove anything - negative or otherwise.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
It is the DA's job to prove intent - which would be rather difficult to do if one is seeking a criminal trespass conviction in this case. Myself or Miss Ripple don't have to prove anything - negative or otherwise.
That's your argument, she was drunk so there was no intent to do harm.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
So the guys house is now public?
I am sure that you can answer that question for yourself - why don't you offer your opinion?

Old 06-19-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I am sure that you can answer that question for yourself - why don't you offer your opinion?
She was stupid and ignorant, and deserves everything she gets. If she gets jail time, tough crap.....maybe the rest will learn from ignorance.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:54 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
do you think this girl should do jail time??? i think being shot was enough punishment..but that is just me.. alcohol can make you do some really stupid stuff

Girl shot while drunkenly trespassing could serve time
If this was her first offense and there's no evidence of criminal intent then I'd say she should spend time in the city jail (30 to 60 days), attend a drug/alcohol program, and serve probation. The jail time may possibly be waived depending on how long she was in jail prior to trial and other circumstances.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
That's your argument, she was drunk so there was no intent to do harm.
No - that is your twisted interpretation of my argument because you want to construct strawmen instead of arguing intelligently.

We don't know what her intent was - "we" - the members of an internet forum - do not have enough information to judge her intent. The DA will need to do that in order to build a criminal case against Miss Ripple. I said that based on what we currently know - it certainly doesn't seem that she had intent to do any harm when she went to the house.

Since you seem so set on making her out to be a criminal tresspasser - why don't you tell us what you think her intent was - if she didn't just end up in the house by mistake as a result of her intoxicated state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies