Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 10:35 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So, if I enter your home, drunk off my arse, that would be fine so long as I claim I was drunk? I bet not.
I said being drunk was not an excuse for anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 10:51 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm not so sure "tresspassing" is a reason for jail. Was she charged with anything else? It's not up to me but 'I was drunk' isn't an excuse for anything. Take the alcohol and gunshot out of the equation and would she be charged with something worth locking her up over? More than likely the appropriate thing will be some sort of community service and probation.
The charges are based on the circumstances of the trespassing.

She could get a felony charge or a slap on the wrist. Whatever she gets, I hope it makes an impression on the girl.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:55 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
I am surprised no one else has mentioned this, but it was the homeowner who was at fault for leaving their door unlocked. Just locking the door would have made this tragedy not happen. I never leave my door unlocked. A very similar situation happened to me a few weeks ago. I live in an apartment and I was drunk and I took a walk to look at the display of the smart meter. Even on this tiny walk I locked my door. As I walked back, I could not get back in my apartment into my apartment. I tried the key several times and then, oh sh$%, the door opened. It was a neighbor's apartment 2 doors down, not mine. I greatly apologized and then quickly explained what happened. He has seen me many times so he was cool about it, but I was SO embarrassed. Regardless, stuff like this can innocently happen. As far as the girl, she always got punished enough by being shot. I hope they do not press any charges on her.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:58 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
LOL. So it's the homeowners fault? You have got to be kidding me. People actually think like this though. Unbelievable.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
LOL. So it's the homeowners fault? You have got to be kidding me. People actually think like this though. Unbelievable.
It most certainly is. She could not have gotten in if the doors were locked, correct?

Old 06-18-2012, 11:07 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
so that would be a big yes!! she should do jail time..right??

this country is on the verge of financial collapse..putting people in jail for every little thing is just going to push this country closer to the big fall faster than it already is.... i still think being shot was enough..

How is breaking into someone's home a little thing?

Btw, lots of violence is perpetuated by people who are drunk or high.
When one breaks into my house, I am not waiting to ask their intentions.

Hope this dumbass learned her lesson. Wtf? So drunk you don't even know where you are?
That itself is so irresponsible and idiotic. And you want to further endorse her dumb life choices by letting her get away with her crime?

Old 06-18-2012, 11:12 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
It most certainly is. She could not have gotten in if the doors were locked, correct?

Unbelievable.

It is not my job to prevent you from violating me.

I mean, how far does this idiotic logic go?

"Well, if you didn't have nice stuff, I wouldn't have mugged you! If you weren't so hot, I wouldn't have raped you..blah blah."

Effin' stupid as hell.

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Keep believing that. Nobody can get around a locked door. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
How is breaking into someone's home a little thing?
She did not break into to the house.

"A girl who drunkenly wandered into a house and was shot by the owners might do time in state prison."

"she stumbled through an unlocked screen door and into the home of Doreen Orion and Timothy Justice."

Old 06-18-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Keep believing that. Nobody can get around a locked door. LOL
This was not a burglar. She would have simply moved on if the door was locked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies