Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 01:37 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Don't be ridiculous.

So a police officer chasing a bank robber should get a ticket for speeding.

A firefighter who uses an axe to cut through the roof of a burning house should be prosecuted for malicious destruction of personal property.

A detective who puts the cuffs on a suspect is guilty of kidnapping.

The ignorance around here is staggering.
An airline passenger is neither a criminal nor a house fire. But TSA agents are criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 02:00 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I hope you can comprehend the fact that even if you disagree with what a law enforcement officer is doing, committing a battery is not a good way to express your dissatisfaction.
NEWSFLASH - TSA personnel are NOT law enforcement officers.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:04 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
IMHO - the only reason for the TSA, and most of the rest of HS, is to keep the American people so frightened thay become unable to think about providing their own security. The TSA requires terrorists to justify its existance.

Doing to one of them what was done to you is just demonstrating what happened. Denying he the flight and putting her in jail is more like summary punishment for not being submissive than anything else. I would fire the TSA people for being inefficiently obnoxious.

I agree. We should eliminate TSA and HS. And then move on to ATF and DEA. Eliminate all four.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
Using your scenarios above, if a cop thought there "might" be a bank being robbed, but had absolutey no evidence that was the case, they could speed around town with lights and sirens chasing random cars who just "might" be a bank robber....and maybe slap the cuffs on you since you were near a bank at the time....are you good with that ? How about if the fireman showed up at your home and started chopping holes in your roof with no evidence of fire....would you be ok with that too ?
This actually occurred recently.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-gunpoint.html

Old 06-19-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I agree. We should eliminate TSA and HS. And then move on to ATF and DEA. Eliminate all four.
FBI should go also.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:22 PM

72 posts, read 170,549 times
Flying is a privilege, not a right. The procedure of a security agency in a politically correct Western Nation will be inherently flawed in non-trivial ways. Alas, do you really think we should just bypass the TSA?

Really?

An emotionally unhinged woman commits an obvious act of battery and some of you run to her defense like she is some sort of truth-to-power patriot.

She's a grown woman acting like a child who should do time.

I'll be honest. I'm in my twenties. My life has been easy for me so far. I sometimes feel guilty about this. In reading threads like this it really does reiterate that I deserve every penny I have. You folks are mostly older than me but nonetheless my competition, and a huge lot of you appear to be on the verge of clinically retarded.

How's that for smug honesty?

This thread is a depressing read.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:51 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Yes, it is depressing that someone your age has no clue about our nation's history, Bill of Rights, and our established laws created by elected members of Congress and enforced by members of our local and state law enforcement officers who are held to a higher standard than all TSA employees. Law enforcement are hampered by the Bill of Rights and our nation's laws on what they can and cannot do to our nation's citizens so as to help prevent abuses of power. The TSA don't have these limitations. You are right in one thing, you are spoiled and pampered. You are also ignorant and should go back to school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid-Level Internetting View Post
Flying is a privilege, not a right. The procedure of a security agency in a politically correct Western Nation will be inherently flawed in non-trivial ways. Alas, do you really think we should just bypass the TSA?

Really?

An emotionally unhinged woman commits an obvious act of battery and some of you run to her defense like she is some sort of truth-to-power patriot.

I'll be honest. I'm in my twenties. My life has been easy for me so far. I sometimes feel guilty about this. In reading threads like this it really does reiterate that I deserve every penny I have. You folks are mostly older than me but nonetheless my competition, and a huge lot of you appear to be on the verge of clinically retarded.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:52 PM

72 posts, read 170,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Yes, it is depressing that someone your age has no clue about our nation's history, Bill of Rights, and our established laws created by elected members of Congress and enforced by members of our local and state law enforcement officers who are held to a higher standard than all TSA employees. Law enforcement are hampered by the Bill of Rights and our nation's laws on what they can and cannot do to our nation's citizens so as to help prevent abuses of power. The TSA don't have these limitations. You are right in one thing, you are spoiled and pampered. You are also ignorant and should go back to school.
I have read the Bill of Rights many, many times, although I don't have it memorized.

Perhaps you can explain to me how the Transportation Security Agency violates a clause?

I don't for a moment dispute being insufferable, so +1 on that point.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:54 PM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid-Level Internetting View Post

Really?

And on the seventh day, the federal government created air travel

Old 06-19-2012, 02:54 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
This actually occurred recently.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-gunpoint.html

Yes, those poor folks were guilty until proven innocent. LE power is way out of control in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies