Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 08:35 AM

1,633 posts, read 1,639,936 times

Advertisements

https://hate-has-no-home.com/wp-cont...-here-BLUE.png

George Soros manipulative agenda behind that "innocent" and very ambiguous semantics sign to undermine our society and to try to make America to look as the bad guy in the World's picture, as if we were guilty of something that unjustly obscure agenda of Cultural Marxism, New World Order and globalization, pretend to force us to repent of what we have not committed. Anyone who wants in their life to be a good citizen and a good person simply is by his/her principles and his/her good and noble actions to others, does not need to show signs throughout the neighborhood. That shows lack of collective self-esteem and insecurity of a whole community that has never shown hatred to anyone. It is very curious that this sign has translations into languages of areas, regions and countries of the World where hatred to America is their daily bread. To whom or who preferentially that sign intends to force us to accept, tolerate and love when not all the languages of the world are shown in there, not even French, German, Swedish, Norwich, Italian, Polish, Hungarian, Irish or native languages like Cherokee or Navajo among others ? That sign is very demeaning to the melting pot that America has always been. I do not want the neighborhood where I live for many years to be filled with anti-aesthetic signs everywhere to look like a ghetto and not the conforming neighborhood that it is from the first day of its urbanization back in the 1930's. There is no more beautiful symbol of human and citizen values in USA than when the American flag is raised to show it in all its splendor. That is the symbol that defines and determines my values, not a simple sign with confusing verbiage for ideological manipulation.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-31-2018 at 09:27 AM..

Old 07-31-2018, 08:40 AM

34,201 posts, read 18,533,905 times
Yet, it is OK for Liberal/Progressives to hate, and be intolerant of anything in which they disagree. In effect the sign should read "Hate has no home here, only if we agree with you, if not, all bets for your safety are off".

Old 07-31-2018, 09:04 AM

68,308 posts, read 54,300,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yet, it is OK for Liberal/Progressives to hate, and be intolerant of anything in which they disagree. In effect the sign should read "Hate has no home here, only if we agree with you, if not, all bets for your safety are off".

If you disagree you're free to fund your own signage.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:31 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,496,175 times
What’s the point, I question, of making such a proclamation on ones’ front lawn?

Do you need strangers to know what specific kind of person that you are?

Do you need accolades and back pats for being a nice person?

Are you attempting to change the behavior of your neighbors?

Are you sending a bat signal out to other like-minded people?

America is jam-packed with amazing, loving, fair-minded, wonderful people. We don’t need to advertise our virtue. Those that do have ulterior motives in pointing out their goodness to the world.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:37 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,169,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
What’s the point, I question, of making such a proclamation on ones’ front lawn?

Do you need strangers to know what specific kind of person that you are?

Do you need accolades and back pats for being a nice person?

Are you attempting to change the behavior of your neighbors?

Are you sending a bat signal out to other like-minded people?

America is jam-packed with amazing, loving, fair-minded, wonderful people. We don’t need to advertise our virtue. Those that do have ulterior motives in pointing out their goodness to the world.
I wonder the same thing when people fly Packers flags around here. Of course one neighbor flies a Vikings flag.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I wonder the same thing when people fly Packers flags around here. Of course one neighbor flies a Vikings flag.
No need to wonder! They are letting strangers know that they like the Packers/Vikings.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:41 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,169,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
No need to wonder! They are letting strangers know that they like the Packers/Vikings.
So no need to wonder why someone proclaims hate is not welcome in their house.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
So no need to wonder why someone proclaims hate is not welcome in their house.
Ahh ... the ole false equivalency attempt. Bless your heart.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:52 AM

24,420 posts, read 17,164,952 times
I think most people are inherently good and just want to get on with their lives and do the best they can for themselves and family. It is the media and politicians and their followers that are constantly trying to label us and divide us.

This sign that the OP refers to is an example of that.

There is a tiny sign at the side of the road in my town that reads "Trump is unfit to serve". It is not in your face but enough to be considered a subliminal message and it works because it saddens me when I see it.

Signs like that and ones that read "hate has no home here" do strike a nerve whether we know it or not.

Of course hate has no home here, a message aimed at Trump and his "racist" followers but the most hate I have observed has been coming from the Left and those that shout the loudest to denounce hate.?

It is very odd.

Old 07-31-2018, 10:24 AM

16,530 posts, read 10,572,078 times
Interesting that Korean is one of the languages shown on the sign. I didn't think that the lefties were particularly concerned about their feelings, since the Koreans aren't among their pet victims at the moment.

And no, I don't like those signs. The subtle implication is that if you don't welcome the speakers of those other languages with open arms, you are a racist. Or a bigot. Or a xenophobe. Or something bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies