Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 08:00 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times

Advertisements

Interestingly, unlike it's corrupt and tyrannical neighbors, Israel is a liberal country. It is a multi-party democracy with a excellent educational and medical infrastructure that results in it's citizens having a very high standard of life, not just for the region, but in the world.

Palestinian Arabs living in Israel have more freedom and a better standard of living than Egyptian Arabs in Egypt, Syrian Arabs in Syria, Jordanian Arabs in Jordan, and so on. Women in Israel are more equal than women in any Arab country.

Where do gay, lesbian, and transgender Palestinians flee to when they face persecution and even death in the Palestinian territories? Israel. The Israeli LGBT community, which operates community centers (something impossible in an Arab country), has a whole network of safe houses for LGBT Palestinians escaping the oppression, torture, mutilation and even death that the Palestian Authority will mete out for them.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:05 PM

447 posts, read 495,796 times
Everyone in world except uneducated and brainwashed part of US public knows Israel starts brutal state terrorism against poor Palestenian population, treat them as subhuman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I support the right of Israel to defend itself.

They face terrorism every day from the Arab world, and they have to be tough.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
I doubt they are "rightwing". More likely collectivist as many of those settlers are.
How can anyone with a spit of sense say that Jews are rightwing. They are very nearly always liberal, politically. Obama might have lost without the Jewish vote and their influence on other voters. There are about 6-8 Million here after all.

Every other day someone with an obsessive hatred toward Jews (mostly tolerant Liberals) start threads for the sole purpose of bringing every other hater out of the woodwork; like the roaches they are.

If you were just offended... let me grab a can of RAID

Old 06-19-2012, 08:14 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull84 View Post
Everyone in world except uneducated and brainwashed part of US public knows Israel starts brutal state terrorism against poor Palestenian population, treat them as subhuman.
Seagull, you are very mistaken.

How many times have you been there?

I've been there four times over a period of more than 20 years. I actually lived there for a season while I was involved in an archeological project.

I lived with a Palestinian family in East Jerusalem, and became friendly with the head of the household ... his name was Bassam, but he liked it when I gave him the American nickname "Sam." I am aware of BOTH sides of the story, which you are apparently not aware of.

I know first hand of the plight of Palestinian LGBT people. I want you to educate yourself about the mutilation and killings of innocent unmarried women and LGBT people by the Palestinian authorities ... then we can discuss terrorism.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:16 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Lots of hate for Jews in this thread from the liberal left. Of course, that's ok on c-d.
That's hilarious you think you can try and shut down debate on City Data about Israel, by throwing out the anti-semite slurs....LOL

I suppose you think people here are going to start defending themselves over your smears of because they who don't want the US government supporting this brutal bunch of thugs?

That tactic stopped working about 20 years ago. You should come up with some new material.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Seagull, you are very mistaken.

How many times have you been there?

I've been there four times over a period of more than 20 years. I actually lived there for a season while I was involved in an archeological project.

I lived with a Palestinian family in East Jerusalem, and became friendly with the head of the household ... his name was Bassam, but he liked it when I gave him the American nickname "Sam." I am aware of BOTH sides of the story, which you are apparently not aware of.

I know first hand of the plight of Palestinian LGBT people. I want you to educate yourself about the mutilation and killings of innocent unmarried women and LGBT people by the Palestinian authorities ... then we can discuss terrorism.
What do you think of this LGBT Israeli propaganda video made to influence US voters?

The whole video was a sham, produced by Israeli government propagandists, targeting US voters.

Who you get in bed with- human rights, gay rights - YouTube

Old 06-19-2012, 08:21 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
You're not debating, you're just sick in the mind and heart. Bye.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:24 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Interestingly, unlike it's corrupt and tyrannical neighbors, Israel is a liberal country. It is a multi-party democracy with a excellent educational and medical infrastructure that results in it's citizens having a very high standard of life, not just for the region, but in the world.

Palestinian Arabs living in Israel have more freedom and a better standard of living than Egyptian Arabs in Egypt, Syrian Arabs in Syria, Jordanian Arabs in Jordan, and so on. Women in Israel are more equal than women in any Arab country.

Where do gay, lesbian, and transgender Palestinians flee to when they face persecution and even death in the Palestinian territories? Israel. The Israeli LGBT community, which operates community centers (something impossible in an Arab country), has a whole network of safe houses for LGBT Palestinians escaping the oppression, torture, mutilation and even death that the Palestian Authority will mete out for them.
These people don't care if Palestinians would have a better life under Israeli governance. They don't care that Arabs (who are polled) prefer 4-1 to live under Israeli law, rather than another. They don't care about the history of repeated Palestinian corruption and breaking of treaties. They don't care about facts at all.

They only care about wiping Israel off the face of the world. They can't stand the Jews because the Jews are a living testament to their hypocrisy. They are the bastard brother who share the same father (Abraham) as the Jews. They are the black sheep of the family; the Cane to Able. They HATE their brothers because the Jews are the chosen ones. It's nothing more than sibling rivalry, and the youngest son is always the spoiled brat.

Last edited by steven_h; 06-19-2012 at 08:37 PM..

Old 06-19-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
I very strongly disagree with padcrasher, but, it's far more likely he is either muslim and identifies with the Palestinians or just a really sheltered middle-class liberal who has never had to respond to a threat of physical violence to himself or a friend in his own personal life and also legitimately (if very naively) believes that the Israelis could make the Palestinians stop wanting to destroy them by treating them better.

The only person/quote in this thread that legitimately smells of likely antisemitism is the below:

On the contrary, I deeply respect principled Jews.

Glenn Greenwald, Noam Chomsky, Jon Stewart, Norman Finklestein, Max Blumenthal, MJ Rosenburg.

These Jewish Americans were raised correctly, and have the spine to stand up for what is right.

Taught ethics, and morals, fairness, kindness, being humane.

The only vile comments on this thread are coming from your camp.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:33 PM

When you see right wing Israeli's come on this thread telling us don't mind us brutalizing Palestinians, because we're so nice to gays.

Know this is an Israeli propaganda campaign. Well known now as "pinkwashing".

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/23/op...ging-tool.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies