Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 03:36 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times

Advertisements

The US is not allowed to do that, no applicable law applies to Assange.

But the US justice system is lawless. And they will invent trumped up charges.

You honestly believe a foreign national is under some legal obligation not to publish secrets given to him? That's absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 03:37 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I am for chargeig anyone who leaks classified materials and I certainly am not a Obama fan. On ehas to remmebr where the matarial wehre taken form and which law applies.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:38 PM

7,812 posts, read 6,389,895 times
Like we cant get to him in Ecuador.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You obviously overlooked the sarcastic eyes... P.S. I'm not a conservative either...
My apologies. Retracted.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:39 PM

72 posts, read 170,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I am for chargeig anyone who leaks classified materials and I certainly am not a Obama fan. On ehas to remmebr where the matarial wehre taken form and which law applies.
Hypothetical:

Mass rape and murder committed by US Marines. It's covered up for PR reasons, no justice is ever pursued.

A highly-intelligent computer guy breaks the code and exposes the truth. The families of the victims feel some vindication. Killers and bad people are exposed for what they are.

Some embarrassment comes to the US but alas, are we fighting for the "team" for its own sake, or are we fighting for values?

Old 06-19-2012, 03:40 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
I say what a *****.

You wanna play Tinker Tailor Solidier Spy then standup and be accountable.

Be a man like those on the battlefield you put in danger because of your decisions and actions you weakwilled ***** mother ****er.

Standup to the charges and take it like a man. You want to have a place in this war but don't want to suffer the potential battle wounds.

I respect the terrorists who are willing to die for their cause more than this spinless piece of ****.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Like we cant get to him in Ecuador.
No doubt. The US treats international law like a Tijuana stop sign when it suits us, then goes around lecturing the World about how other nations flaunt international law.

Last edited by padcrasher; 06-19-2012 at 03:58 PM..

Old 06-19-2012, 03:42 PM

72 posts, read 170,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I say what a *****.

You wanna play Tinker Tailor Solidier Spy then standup and be accountable.

Be a man like those on the battlefield you put in danger because of your decisions and actions you weakwilled ***** mother ****er.

Standup to the charges and take it like a man. You want to have a place in this war but don't want to suffer the potential battle wounds.

I respect the terrorists who are willing to die for their cause more than this POS.
What is this goofy posturing about "being a man?" What are you on about?

If a US diplomat exposed atrocities committed by Putin, would you call him a coward and a weak-willed wimp for hiding in the US?

Stop the alpha male posturing, you're embarrassing yourself and nobody is buying the persona, dude.

92 posts, read 56,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No doubt. The US treats international law like a Tijuana stop sign when it suits us, the goes around lecturing the World about how other nations flaunt international law.
True but eventually what goes around comes around.

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Who can blame him considering how rigged the US justice system is under Obama, and how Sweden (surprisingly,to me) doesn't have the character to stick up for the rule of law?

Assange asks Ecuador for asylum - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

In December, 2001, Sweden handed over two asylum-seekers to the CIA, which then rendered them to be tortured in Egypt. A ruling from the U.N. Human Rights Committee found Sweden in violation of the global ban on torture for its role in that rendition (the two individuals later received a substantial settlement from the Swedish government). The fact that Sweden has unusually oppressive pre-trial procedures — allowing for extreme levels of secrecy in its judicial proceedings — only heightens Assange’s concern about what will happen to him vis-a-vis the U.S. if he ends up in Swedish custody
Obama has already whacked an American citizen without a trial, what makes this man think he would be safe in Ecuador?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies