Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 09:02 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomAndLiberty View Post
Was already sent to grand jury and they declined to indict him.
The debate over whether a father who found a man molesting his 4-year-old daughter and allegedly beat him to death has been raging for days now. And it's time to put it to bed. Cops say the Texas dad will likely not be prosecuted. What's more: he says he wishes it hadn't happened.
A grand jury will still debate charges of some kind for the father while police search for family of the deceased before releasing his name. And regardless of their decision, the father who acted out on his daughter's abuser has two things to live with for the rest of his life that I don't wish on anyone.
For the rest of his life, the dad, whose identity has been sealed to protect that of his daughter, the sexual abuse victim, will close his eyes and see a man hurting his precious child. There's no escaping that.
The molestation was not his fault. But here's betting it haunts him anyway. Because that's what happens when you're a parent: seeing your child hurt is not something you can put in a box and stow on some dusty shelf in your brain.
And then there's the beating, the death of the sick pervert who dared hurt that little girl. The father has expressed regret for the beating death, according to the Sheriff in Lavaca County. Sheriff Micah Harmon says he never meant to kill the man and has referred to the incident as accidental.
I'm not surprised. I said this week that beating someone to death, no matter the circumstances doesn't make someone a hero. It sounds like this dad agrees with me.

sOUNDS TO ME LIKE THIS MAN, FATHER, DID WHAT HE HAD TO. GRAND JURY IS STILL DEBATING OVER LESSER CHARGES, DEADLY FORCE WHEN THERE IS NO THREAT, IS A POSSIBILITY. BUT WILL BE DEFENDED AS A "CRIME OF PASSION"
As far as why the guy was on his ranch, he had been an employee, working with his horses, didn't have the "Child Molester" stamp on his forehead or Green Card. so, the father is only guilty of protecting his daughter. Other question to anyone that thinks this might need some sort of punishment,
"What would have happened had the Father not caught this perve? Would the 4-YEAR-OLD, still even be alive?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 09:24 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,601 times
No trial no reports to file.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:29 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Father won't be charged for killing man who was assaulting his daughter .

And certainly this is the way it should be. I love it.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:30 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Pretty much this entire thread is dominated by people who would've been cheering on (or participating in) lynch mobs 100 years ago.

I don't second-guess the grand jury, because they've seen the evidence and I haven't. But most of you people, judging by your reasoning, are Neanderthals.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 AM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Pretty much this entire thread is dominated by people who would've been cheering on (or participating in) lynch mobs 100 years ago.

I don't second-guess the grand jury, because they've seen the evidence and I haven't. But most of you people, judging by your reasoning, are Neanderthals.

We are just giving our opinions, as you, what makes you any better than your statement after giving your opinion about us?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:

Given the circumstances, you don't think the dad did the right thing?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:43 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
We are just giving our opinions, as you, what makes you any better than your statement after giving your opinion about us?
Because your "opinions" would've been entirely congenial to lynch mobs. Jesus, how much do I have to spell it out?

Hitler had "opinions", Stalin had "opinions", Genghis Khan had "opinions." If there is such a being as Satan, I assume he has "opinions." What a stupid evasion.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:47 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How do you know, Mr. Holier than Thou? Been around any lynch mobs??

Old 06-21-2012, 09:49 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:

Just what in the hell has this to do with lynch mobs??? I suppose your type would lynch the father for protecting his child. People like you are part of this country's problem today. Damn crybaby liberals. Save the life of a murderous bas****, but take the life of an unborn child.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:50 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Quote:
Because your "opinions" would've been entirely congenial to lynch mobs. Jesus, how much do I have to spell it out?

Hitler had "opinions", Stalin had "opinions", Genghis Khan had "opinions." If there is such a being as Satan, I assume he has "opinions." What a stupid evasion.

And there it is...... the insane and idiotic comparisons to Hitler.

I'm sorry, how many lynch mobs have you been part of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies