Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 12:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So you agree that calling Bush a monkey is OK. But calling Obama a monkey is not.

You're OK with that?
Say what? I think you misunderstood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 12:26 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Are you being evasive or dim witted???...If a total strangers insults me because they believed that somehow my actions were disrespectful or inconsiderate to them, then we may have a civil conversation to correct it.

If a person who has never been maligned by me decides to call me one of the vilest names a Black Person could be called in an attempt to diminish me as a person and my entire race, then civil discourse is set aside and physical correction is called for.

That is whate this lady attempted to do with the President of this country.

Because of his stature, he must diplomatically address it, most other Black People don't have that position to contend with.
And then YOU become the aggressor! Then YOU lose credibility and any sympathy! OK yeah the dude probably had it coming and I believe you reap what you sow, but now you're the one going to jail for assault. Now on the other hand if this guy makes a move to physically assault you then the gloves are off! Now you have a right to use force, and defend yourself! Other than that... take the high road. There is no shame in doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
And that answers many questions.

Someone calls you names, and you answer with violence. Nice.....

Someone calls ME names, and I refuse to stoop to their level, and everyone else sees how much more class I have. And yes, I have been called K*KE, and other derogatory terms. And while I would have liked to "Deal with them", I took the high road. Nice to see you can't, or won't.
Look I realize it's hard to do sometimes. I mean, seriously sometimes you want to break a foot off in someone's a** who disrespects you, and what not. But again, is it worth sitting in a jail cell and facing an assault charge over some idiot running his mouth? Like I said to the person above, defend yourself if physically assaulted. Other than that, smile, walk away, and watch them get even more p***ed off!

Old 06-20-2012, 12:29 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Wow. Will this nonsense ever stop...
No. The only thing that will happen, and has been happening is, they will become more closeted and shrink in numbers as the society as a whole matures further.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:29 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,246,338 times
If using logic could convince black racists like Lucario and reconmark to release their viselike grips on the race card worked they would have done so long ago. They enjoy playing the perpetual victim FAR too much to ever say " I am self confident enough to shrug off meaningless insults from nitwits without reacting ."
If there is no truth to the insult than why get offended? Would a skinny person get angry if someone called him "fatso"?
Would a straight A student care if the drop out called him stupid?
People who use racial slurs are not flattering themselves, why not just leave it at that? Why the need to become part of the idiocy? (rhetorical question).

Old 06-20-2012, 12:33 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
I think it is a damn shame to put monkeys down like that.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:49 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
If using logic could convince black racists like Lucario and reconmark to release their viselike grips on the race card worked they would have done so long ago. They enjoy playing the perpetual victim FAR too much to ever say " I am self confident enough to shrug off meaningless insults from nitwits without reacting ."
If there is no truth to the insult than why get offended? Would a skinny person get angry if someone called him "fatso"?
Would a straight A student care if the drop out called him stupid?
People who use racial slurs are not flattering themselves, why not just leave it at that? Why the need to become part of the idiocy? (rhetorical question).
People like you would like that wouldn't you? There was a time "lest we forget" that whites called blacks these names and nothing had better be said. Oh yeah those names were not true then either, but right wing whites(these are the same people) used them constantly and the black man had better not utter a word of defiance or hell would come down on him. I know some would love to use monkey and boy and ni66er and all the rest that I'm sure some of the experts on here can name but those days are gone. And they will stay gone.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:51 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
They called Bush a Chimp.

But photo-shopping Obama's face on a chimpanzee as they did with Bush would be racist right?

Let's see. It's not racist when Bush has his face photoshopped on a chimp but it's racist because Obama is black and we all know the sterotype that claims blacks look like monkeys so it's racist? Is that why it's racist to call Obama a chimp or photoshop his face on a chimpanzee, but it's not racist to do it to Bush?

Bush or Chimp? YOU DECIDE

Obama as chimp racist? Bush as chimp not? « Dvorak News Blog
Photo-shopping Obama's face on a chimpanzee is racist. And those arguing against this fact are racist as well... Deal with it...

Old 06-20-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
People like you would like that wouldn't you? There was a time "lest we forget" that whites called blacks these names and nothing had better be said. Oh yeah those names were not true then either, but right wing whites(these are the same people) used them constantly and the black man had better not utter a word of defiance or hell would come down on him. I know some would love to use monkey and boy and ni66er and all the rest that I'm sure some of the experts on here can name but those days are gone. And they will stay gone.
Can't agree with you more! The days of blacks not being able to speak/act against ignorance is long gone.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I think it is a damn shame to put monkeys down like that.
I wouldn't expect anything but this comment from you. i would like to see both your IQ score & Obama's side by side for shi**s & giggles...

Old 06-20-2012, 01:10 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
What nonsense...
Now if only I could make any sense out of what it is that your monkey mind was trying to communicate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies