Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 09:17 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately his show has been unable to gain any traction in the marketplace since it was launched on April 2nd.

The reasons are numerous, but here are a few.

He's on from noon-3PM, opposite Rush Limbaugh

Many of his affiliates aren't carrying the entire three-hour broadcast; some of them are only carrying one or two hours.

Many of those stations are carrying those portions of the show in assorted timeslots, which makes building an audience very difficult, which in turn will attract advertisers.

Many of those stations have marginal signals, or are on second-tier or third-tier stations in markets of all sizes, and especially the major markets.

News-Talk is the second most listened to format in the nation, behind country, and most of those stations have set lineups which have been unchanged for years and years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 10:53 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
I do not see Huckabee as being a mean spirit at all. And i don't see him attacking as i see others on other newshows.

I don't find him as being forecul at all, some of you may i don't think so.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:48 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Unfortunately his show has been unable to gain any traction in the marketplace since it was launched on April 2nd.

The reasons are numerous, but here are a few.

He's on from noon-3PM, opposite Rush Limbaugh

Many of his affiliates aren't carrying the entire three-hour broadcast; some of them are only carrying one or two hours.

Many of those stations are carrying those portions of the show in assorted timeslots, which makes building an audience very difficult, which in turn will attract advertisers.

Many of those stations have marginal signals, or are on second-tier or third-tier stations in markets of all sizes, and especially the major markets.

News-Talk is the second most listened to format in the nation, behind country, and most of those stations have set lineups which have been unchanged for years and years.
To bad I hope it picks up.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I do not see Huckabee as being a mean spirit at all. And i don't see him attacking as i see others on other newshows.

I don't find him as being forecul at all, some of you may i don't think so.
He actually explains his point and I can respect that even if I dont agree.Rush has no point except to rail on and on about how everything is the fault of Dems and how much he hates Obama.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I can't stand listening to Huck on TV so I won't be listening to his radio show.
I am sure there are a lot of people that do not want to listen to him but a lot that do. If you don't like his voice, why would you want to hear him, but if you don't like him just because of his politics I find that sad...Not that you don't like his politics but because it helps us all to hear both sides.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:18 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
He actually explains his point and I can respect that even if I dont agree.Rush has no point except to rail on and on about how everything is the fault of Dems and how much he hates Obama.
Which is why Huck will not win a ratings game against Limbaugh. You don't get ratings by being reasoned and/or polite. At it's heart right wing radio is all about righteous anger and reinforcing feelings of self perceived victimization. Huck doesn't bring the anger portion of that formula and therefore doesn't pull the listeners.

Huckabee's likability is one of the scary things about him. He makes no bones about the fact that he's a theocratic, but he's just so likable. So, while I'd be cool with him being my next door neighbor, he's downright scary in elected office.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Which is why Huck will not win a ratings game against Limbaugh. You don't get ratings by being reasoned and/or polite. At it's heart right wing radio is all about righteous anger and reinforcing feelings of self perceived victimization. Huck doesn't bring the anger portion of that formula and therefore doesn't pull the listeners.

Huckabee's likability is one of the scary things about him. He makes no bones about the fact that he's a theocratic, but he's just so likable. So, while I'd be cool with him being my next door neighbor, he's downright scary in elected office.
Whoa. Ill never vote for him. I just like the way he does his show.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:06 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I'm not a Rush fan, but I've always admired Huckabee. I wish he would have made another run at the presidency. He's a common sense guy who takes common sense approaches to problems.

Glad you liked his show, EC! I'll have to check it out myself.
I've always felt that way about Huckabee too.
He also doesn't pull the divisiveness crap that Rush does.
I guess that's why he isn't popular among Conservatives.
I really think he would have been a better candidate that Romney.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:28 AM

27 posts, read 20,997 times
Huck is a George W. Bush-style "compassionate conservative" on steroids. Basically a nutless neocon fiscal-liberal unfunded prescription-drug plan passing holocaust waiting to happen.

Huck isn't "reasoned", he's cowardly and his simplistic 'turn the other cheek' understanding of Christianity means that like Bush he's too polite to personally defend himself against the sort of baseless attacks that simply calling yourself a Republican in today's political environment attracts, so he has to constantly "moderate" his positions based on what he thinks some MSNBC host might take issue with. But of course even this won't prevent the slow defacto "Hitlerization" that happens when a conservative politician fails to defend his positions from baseless attacks.

After seeing how compassionate 'moderates' like Bush, McCain and Romney are treated by the media once the more divisive Limbaugh/Newt types leave the stage you'd think that every Republican would get this by now... You can't moderate your way into Rachel Maddow's heart. If being loved by them is that important just switch sides.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:35 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Mike Huckabee Launches New Radio Show Today - Forbes

I listened and I like his show much much better than rush.
A great reason to not listen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies