Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 11:28 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Rubio is a LIAR. He claims he parents came her for political reasons, when in fact they came before the Island became communist under Fidel Castro.

Don't trust Rubio one ounce.
Yet you're in the tank for obama, the most honest man in the world Got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 11:56 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Yet you're in the tank for obama, the most honest man in the world Got it.

Thanks for making me laugh, a big laugh at that!

Old 06-22-2012, 12:06 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times

The Castaways - Liar, Liar (lyrics) - YouTube

Old 06-22-2012, 12:38 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
One wonders who bought the whole Obama "tale" in the first place. I am sure that the balance of the nation will be less gullibe this time (liberals excused, of course) and Obama will become "former president" Obama. The election is already lost for the libs, we are just interested in the margin now.
Sounds to me like wishful thinking on your part.

All the polls and news analysis I've been reading indicate that while it is a tight race, Obama is ahead of Romney. Of course anything can happen in the next 5 months ... but right now Obama is ahead.

I think when George Will, conservative Republican journalist and analyst, said that the GOP should give up on the presidential race they have already lost and concentrate on the congressional races, he was on to something.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:50 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This President has advanced through his life and career by living a lie. He's a walking, talking fraud of epic proportions. American's have caught on to this. He's done in November. Not a doubt in my mind.
I agree he's a fraud. But I really don't think he's "done" in November. I fully expect him to be reelected. His approval rating is around the same as most other presidents in recent history, and most of them get elected to a 2nd term.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:13 AM

589 posts, read 850,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Thanks for making me laugh, a big laugh at that!

Absolutely! Much better that she turn to the teabaggers and birthers for the 'real' story.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:43 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
OMG, thank you, and I agree. There's something just not quite honest about Rubio. It has nothing to do with his background or heritage. It's just something I can't put my finger on. That elusive thing that makes me not like or trust him. Other than the fact that he's a politician, of course.
Might it be because he's latino? "Something", "not like him", "not trust him".......I hear a dog whistle.

More likely it's because he has principles and conviction, and speaks the truth. Those type of things always make liberals uncomfortable.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:48 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Rubio is a LIAR. He claims he parents came her for political reasons, when in fact they came before the Island became communist under Fidel Castro.

Don't trust Rubio one ounce.
The Cuban Revolution began in 1953. The overthrow didn't happen until 1959. They were obviously smart enough to see the reality of the situation, and didn't want to stick around.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:04 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,566,607 times
How is he going to get all of the independents who bailed on the Dems in Nov. 2010? He can't get re-elected if he can't get them back.

Furthermore, the real unemployment rate is in the mid double-digits, which is a disaster for him.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:55 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Interesting. If Grandfather died in 1979, then he may have met his grandson. If he told his grandson about his torture, and the grandson included it into his book, who is at fault?

The link also cites Sarah Obama, who also talked about the torture in 2008. Where did she get the story from?

The grandfather may well have made up the whole story, much like we have some 50 million Vietnam vets running around.

Anyway, those who are capable of critical thinking will neither reject, nor embrace, such stories immediately, but will think and wait for any new evidence, if any.

I will note that I have not seen any 'animus' of President Obama's toward the British government as the article claims. Perhaps the writer was referring to the removal of the Churchill bust?
Obama should have had his staff verify the "family lore", if that's what it was. And this excuse reminds me of those who would defend Elizabeth Warren for claiming to be of Cherokee descent!

I don't think that claiming "family lore" is a valid defense. "Family lore" does not make these stories into facts. Especially not from these Harvard academic types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies