Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 05:19 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,096,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I haven't been watching times of posts in this thread but upon reading MOgal's post knew you would be in soon with just what you said.
Of course you did. I tell the truth and I tell it consistently. There is nothing more predictable than the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 05:25 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,096,515 times
Quote:
Are you saying that the people are not buying that book?
No. That's not what I was saying.

I was saying that the American people are not buying the right wing fabrications and accusations regarding this President. You've been at it for four years, and are still failing.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:00 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,040,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
That itself is a lie.

Obama "admitted" in his introduction that he was using composite characters and why he was using them. How does one get accused of lying when out of the gate they have told the truth?

Your post is a textbook example of the idiotic and bizarre right-wing alternative universe within which war is peace, love is hate and truth is lies.
You're speaking to someone who would not know what a literary device was if it jumped up and bit them on the azz.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:32 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,118,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Only the last item speaks to Obama's opinion of the British.

The American Spectator reports that Obama's position is one of neutrality.

The American Spectator : The Spectacle Blog : Obama's Falklands Gaffe

On the substance, Obama asserted a position of neutrality on the status of the Falklands, which Argentine President Cristina Kirchner has been banging the drums about lately. The Reagan administration tried for a time to maintain a stance of neutrality thirty years ago when the junta that ruled Argentina at the time invaded the Falklands, and there was serious discussion within the administration of tilting US policy toward the Argentine side; ultimately, Reagan approved military aid to Britain that helped win the Falklands War.
If some foreign country was claiming a US territory against the will of it's people you can bet that we have the full support of the British government ...

Using the Argentine logic we (the US) can thus claim the Bahamas, the Turks & Caicos, and Bermuda (the last 2 also happen to be British Overseas Territories) just because well ... they are right next to us! What a jolly good idea what do you say old chap?

Old 06-21-2012, 08:40 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,516,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
Great. Let's alert the media! Another birther thinks that there is a conspiracy afoot.

big amygdala, and small anterior cingulate cortex
How many times does this junk science need to be debunked before you libs stop spewing it back up as fact?

Old 06-21-2012, 08:58 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,690,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think it's cheeky for someone who is still young to write their autobiography. That goes for you too, Marco Rubio.
OMG, thank you, and I agree. There's something just not quite honest about Rubio. It has nothing to do with his background or heritage. It's just something I can't put my finger on. That elusive thing that makes me not like or trust him. Other than the fact that he's a politician, of course.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:07 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,232,855 times
The haters will keep on hating.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:09 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,232,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
OMG, thank you, and I agree. There's something just not quite honest about Rubio. It has nothing to do with his background or heritage. It's just something I can't put my finger on. That elusive thing that makes me not like or trust him. Other than the fact that he's a politician, of course.
Rubio is a LIAR. He claims he parents came her for political reasons, when in fact they came before the Island became communist under Fidel Castro.

Don't trust Rubio one ounce.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:28 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,499,977 times
Quote:
I haven't been watching times of posts in this thread but upon reading MOgal's post knew you would be in soon with just what you said. Do you know who wrote that one if not Bill Ayers?
The C.I.A., of course...

Old 06-21-2012, 11:07 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,852,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
If some foreign country was claiming a US territory against the will of it's people you can bet that we have the full support of the British government ...

Using the Argentine logic we (the US) can thus claim the Bahamas, the Turks & Caicos, and Bermuda (the last 2 also happen to be British Overseas Territories) just because well ... they are right next to us! What a jolly good idea what do you say old chap?
Obama did not claim that Argentina had a right to claim the territory.

If a British Prime Minister asserted that disputes between Canada and the United States was for the two parties (Canada and the United States) to work out, I would not take that as disdain by the British PM for the United States or Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies