Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 10:00 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,842,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamie Storm View Post
This may be a little too cynical but then again not sure we can put anything past these people. Does anyone consider that there may be more to this than just guns. That maybe our highest law dog and accompices might be involved in laundering drug money etc. I know that's pretty severe statement but the whole gun running thing is so bizarre one has to wonder how deep this thing could be. If holder shows up in a limo with whitewal tires...I'm just sayin'
It is not too cynical. We already know that the DEA was (and may still be) laundering drug money from Mexican cartels.

Sequel to ‘Furious’: DEA Operation Laundering Money Operation in Mexico | Just Piper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhJkyZ5I4lM

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 06-20-2012 at 10:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 10:29 PM

88,729 posts, read 44,522,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Since this started under the Bush administration, why were no members of the Bush administration called to testify?
Because it didn't start under the Bush administration. Holder retracted that bogus claim. Read the letter from the DOJ, here (2nd letter):
http://www.grassley.senate.gov/about...er-letters.pdf

Read this:
Holder withdraws claim Bush's AG knew about gunwalking | The Daily Caller

And watch this:
Obama and Holder not only knew about Fast and Furious, Obama's admin budgeted $10 million for it...

Obama Orders Launched Fast and Furious - YouTube

Old 06-20-2012, 11:10 PM

16,433 posts, read 22,143,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I love it. Obama is making sure he will never get another term as POTUS. Keep up the good work Barry!
He's apparently hiding something that would make it even more certain!

Old 06-21-2012, 04:49 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,813,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
He's apparently hiding something that would make it even more certain!

Just another NRA ordered phony controversy that will fade awaay to the nothing that it is. But absent a legit issue, I suppose the GOP must. After all, they have to keep the RWNJ money coming in.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:54 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,126,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I love it. Obama is making sure he will never get another term as POTUS. Keep up the good work Barry!
Careful. This would require what we use to call journalists to do their jobs without bias. Even after what's happened today on this, I guarantee a significant portion of the population doesn't know much or anything about this. The media sets the tone and content. Which is gay this and that lately, not things like Fast/Furious.

Even now, the networks are treating this as a side story, if that. If this were the Bush admin, it would be absolutely EVERYWHERE

Old 06-21-2012, 05:28 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,259,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
That POS Holder asks Obama to exert Executive privilege on docs requested by congress!!! He know his ass is grass!!!
My husband and I were just talking about this. I agree with you. Anytime a President uses his Executive Privilege it makes me wonder what he is trying to hide/protect. Can those papers be that damning that he has to hide them? What do y'all think??

Old 06-21-2012, 05:34 AM

Executive Privilege - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 10/26/05 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

From 7 years ago. Yet in more serious things, where people were killed, liberals are now singing a different tune.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:17 AM

Lets not forget, most didn't think this led to Obama necessarily, but his sudden actions now lead us to question just what Obama knows

What do some of you think is in these docs that is so damaging to Obama Admin that they feel they have to stonewall and essentially cover up?

Old 06-21-2012, 06:39 AM

24,365 posts, read 22,964,334 times
Maybe Holder isn't as dumb as we all think and has some dirt on Obama that he's using to force Obama to protect him. The Clintons hand picked Holder so it snot like he was particularly close to Obama to begin with. They both answer to the same higher ups but that might be the extent of their relationship. Or maybe the Clintons want Holder to stay where he is and ordered Obama to buy him some time.
If it were anybody else, i'd feel some pity for him. Obama's getting slapped around seven ways to Sunday right now from all sides.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Alright, finally a conspiracy theory with merit!
Let's put aside the fact that you don't give a damn about this whole thing.

What in your opinion, do you think they are trying to keep from getting out in the open? Honestly, think for a second, and try to put your political affiliations aside. Dont tell me nothing, because if it was nothing, then they wouldve complied 18 months ago. What do those documents tell us, that they are going this far to not allow them to see the light of day, at least not in an election year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies