Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 08:18 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yeah, and we all know that the government, giving guns to drug dealers, sending them across the border, used to kill civilians along with law enforcement, lying to congress, doesnt matter right?

Just goes to show you Democrats will always find a reason to support this president, even when we're dealing with corruption.

I'd have far more respect for you guys if you would stop making excuses and just call it wrong.
Holder thought F&F was wrong, that is why he stopped it and set wheels in motion investigating it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 08:18 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,325,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
This trumped up issue has nothing to do with the agent that got killed. Issa doesn't even pretend that it does any more.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:19 AM

39,844 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Holder thought F&F was wrong, that is why he stopped it and set wheels in motion investigating it.
Now there's a new definition of spin. But as they say, tell the same lie long enough and the ignorant will accept it as the truth.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:20 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:

Of course, after people were killed, they realized "oh crap" we better stop.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
When it came to light, Holder told Congress he only heard about it "a few weeks ago".
He didn't stop anything and didn't tell Congress that.

Then, when memo's started surfacing Holder retracted what he said because he was made aware of it over 10 months ago, not the few weeks he said.

Over the course of the 18 months, Holder has retracted both his words and even memos.
He put himself into this position of mistrust.
And all the while he said he had nothing to hide.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Bull crap.. If he stopped it, people wouldnt have died and Congress wouldnt be involved. If they stopped it, because they thought it was wrong, they wouldnt be withholding documents that indicate that from Congress. If they stopped it, then why did it start, because this isnt the same one being run under Bush. They claimed they didnt even know it was taking place.

You cant be that stupid.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:22 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Quote:
This trumped up issue has nothing to do with the agent that got killed. Issa doesn't even pretend that it does any more.
Obviously you failed to listen to the hearings.

Perhaps you would like to explain how the AG's failure to provide unclassifed documents which were subpoenaed 8 months ago is a "trumped up" issue? What do you think would happen if the AG issued a subpoena to the average citizen and he/she failed to comply for 8 months?

Old 06-21-2012, 08:25 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I had to flip over to MSNBC to see how they were treating it. There was a very little conversation about it and what conversation happened seemed to imply racism was at play. Not really surprised by this tactic.

I had to wonder about racism myself. Why would you allow guns to run into Mexico? Surely you would realize they would be killing Mexican nationals. That's the only racism I can see.

For the very people that crow about Arizona laws targeting Mexicans I don't see how that can't draw the same conclusion here. Unless they really don't give a crap about Mexicans and are just using them as tools.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:27 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,017,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I had to wonder about racism myself. Why would you allow guns to run into Mexico? Surely you would realize they would be killing Mexican nationals. That's the only racism I can see.

For the very people that crow about Arizona laws targeting Mexicans I don't see how that can't draw the same conclusion here. Unless they really don't give a crap about Mexicans and are just using them as tools.
Since this was done without the Mexican government's involvement or knowledge, I can see where one could make that inference.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:28 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,182,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obviously you failed to listen to the hearings.

Perhaps you would like to explain how the AG's failure to provide unclassifed documents which were subpoenaed 8 months ago is a "trumped up" issue? What do you think would happen if the AG issued a subpoena to the average citizen and he/she failed to comply for 8 months?
You bet our azzes would be in jail PRONTO!!!!!!

Now that the cat's out of the bag, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mexico sue the US government now. Reckless endangerment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies