Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2012, 10:08 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
This began during the Bush administration. Should he go to jail too?
Your lack of knowledge and your disdain for anything with an R next to it is showing.

These 2 programs are no where the same.

If you believe they are why don't you post the details of the 2 programs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 10:11 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
As usual...it's all about politics and nothing else.

Watch the Colbert clip. It's hilarious!

Politics - Andrew Cohen - The Real Scandal of Fast and Furious - The Atlantic
Sure, it's all about politics. That's why Issa has stalled Holder, to obtain incriminating documents that would cost Obama his re-election. If Issa had demanded those documents last year, there'd be no controversy this year. If Issa had just asked for the truth last year, nobody would be asking questions this year.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:13 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,969,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Sure, it's all about politics. That's why Issa has stalled Holder, to obtain incriminating documents that would cost Obama his re-election. If Issa had demanded those documents last year, there'd be no controversy this year. If Issa had just asked for the truth last year, nobody would be asking questions this year.
Issa did request these documents last year

Old 06-24-2012, 10:14 AM

276 posts, read 236,154 times
Quote:
This began during the Bush administration. Should he go to jail too?

Sigh. Really? Again?

We need a sticky showing the the difference between Operation Wide Receiver and Fast and Furious.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:17 AM

276 posts, read 236,154 times
White House Falsely Blames Bush-Era Wide Receiver For Fast And Furious - Investors.com

Quote:
Dubbed "Operation Wide Receiver," the Bush-era operation was run out of Tucson between 2006 and 2007, ending before Bush left office and before Fast and Furious began under Obama in 2009. The differences between it and Fast and Furious are vast, starting with the fact that Wide Receiver produced no dead bodies.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:02 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
As usual...it's all about politics and nothing else.

Watch the Colbert clip. It's hilarious!

Politics - Andrew Cohen - The Real Scandal of Fast and Furious - The Atlantic
I can't see the humor in a young man's death. Sorry, don't share the same twisted humor the left does.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:04 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
Sigh. Really? Again?

We need a sticky showing the the difference between Operation Wide Receiver and Fast and Furious.
Under Bush, far more competent a President than Obama, nobody died, we got the guns back. If this was such a horrible program why did the Obama camp continue it? I wonder if they did not set Brians "accident' up and hope for gun control. Would not surprise me at all. What oh what is in the documents?

Old 06-24-2012, 11:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Under Bush, far more competent a President than Obama, nobody died, we got the guns back. If this was such a horrible program why did the Obama camp continue it? I wonder if they did not set Brians "accident' up and hope for gun control. Would not surprise me at all. What oh what is in the documents?
Actually, no, we didn't get them all back. 12 went missing and that's what had them end the program.
As far as F&F, I think there's still 1000 or more still unaccounted for.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
A police officer got killed. That's hilarious. Yes, let's make it into a comedy sketch.
Colbert will surely do that just as soon as his writers figure out how to do it.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If a policeman would have been killed with a gun acquired through Operation Wide Receiver there would be the same sort of outrage I`m sure. Snicker.
Did Wide Receiver really precede Fast and Furious and the Dems just go ahead from it? I know the answer and I really do wonder if you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies