Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 12:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Teabaggers forget that Obama is President of the United States of America and therefore has certain powers afforded to him by the Constitution. President Obama has been very spare in his use of presidential power. I'm glad he's finally showing Republicans and Teabaggers that he is the boss. I love my President!
Are you talking about the Executive Priviledge claimed today by Eric Holder? If you are, that would display a lack of your understading of the Constitution (along with the Presidents).. The Supreme Court has ruled that executive priviledge is ONLY available for discussions involving the President..

But guess what, Eric Holder just a few weeks ago testified under oath that the President had nothing to do with it..

So either he lied under oath, or the Executive Priviledge is a farce to hide something.

Which is it?

Old 06-20-2012, 12:05 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Seems to cover what you posted quite well. Do you have any idea what a teabagger is?
Yes I do. A teabagger is a Republican who belongs to or identifies him/herself with the corporate funded astro-turf Tea Party movement.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:05 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOL..so you admire him for taking a leadership position to invoke Executive Privilege to protect a possible felony crime committed by his head of DOJ ?
Ahhh, wasn't aware of this news. This should get interesting to say the least.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:06 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Teabaggers forget that Obama is President of the United States of America and therefore has certain powers afforded to him by the Constitution. President Obama has been very spare in his use of presidential power. I'm glad he's finally showing Republicans and Teabaggers that he is the boss. I love my President!
i guess you don't understand the meaning of the word "spare" in your use of the word, therefore not too surprising that you love this president.

List of United States federal executive orders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...and obama has just been in office since 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Are you talking about the Executive Priviledge claimed today by Eric Holder? If you are, that would display a lack of your understading of the Constitution (along with the Presidents).. The Supreme Court has ruled that executive priviledge is ONLY available for discussions involving the President..

But guess what, Eric Holder just a few weeks ago testified under oath that the President had nothing to do with it..

So either he lied under oath, or the Executive Priviledge is a farce to hide something.

Which is it?
So you had no problem when Bush and Reagan used it multiple times, but as soon as Obama use it just once you are suddenly up in arms?

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Which is it?
It's Bush's fault!

You're a racist!

Ummmm...Ummmm.....oh darn it.....those pesky facts really stink!

Old 06-20-2012, 12:09 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
So you had no problem when Bush and Reagan used it multiple times, but as soon as Obama use it just once you are suddenly up in arms?

Old 06-20-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Spoken as a true fascist who has contempt for the rule of law and the Constitution, in deference to "the fuhrer".

Keep in mind that executive priveledge does not apply to criminal activiy, as Nixon discovered. Therefore it is just a matter of time before they must present the documents. I believe that Holder is trying to protect Obama for his involvement in the "fast and furious" debacle and avoid criminal prosecution prior to the election.

Obama must really feel like Hitler at the very end, with bombs raining down on his bunker in Berlin. The end is near for Obama and it does not look like his end will be pretty either. That seems to be the problem with tyrants.
Well all Presidents who used it must have been criminals then, including Bush and Reagan.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Bush used it for HIS activities. Mr Holder testified UNDER OATH, that there was no involvement by Obama..

Someones lying, and its pathetic you dont understand the difference.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Yes I do. A teabagger is a Republican who belongs to or identifies him/herself with the corporate funded astro-turf Tea Party movement.
Actually no, that is not the definition of a "teabagger". That is sexual.

You mean Tea Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies