Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 05:44 PM

468 posts, read 780,011 times

Advertisements

Considering the far-left political views of many Canadians I have encountered on City-Data, I wonder if President Obama would be too right-wing for Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 05:59 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,858,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Balducci View Post
Considering the far-left political views of many Canadians I have encountered on City-Data, I wonder if President Obama would be too right-wing for Canada.
I don't think Obama's fascist governance falls in the right-left spectrum. I suspect he would be arrested and imprisoned in Canada with his record of murder, war and infringement of civil libertis.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:59 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,180,327 times
Obama is a centrist who actually wants to get something done. He'd fit in fine there.

There are a lot less of the uneducated, call themselves Republican, right wing whiners in Canada. The average person can actually do things like read a paper, tell you all of their Provinces, point their country out on a map and all of those basic things that a lot of the tea bagger types struggle with.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Obama is a centrist who actually wants to get something done. He'd fit in fine there.
He would not fit in at all. Canada is a peaceful country, Obama is not a peaceful person.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:08 PM

908 posts, read 1,112,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
He would not fit in at all. Canada is a peaceful country, Obama is not a peaceful person.

Your posts are numbing my intelligence. Since you say your location is "occupied Virginia", I'm guessing you're so far right that you've almost traveled around the political globe. I have a friend who lives in Virginia - he considers it quite a free state. I can only imagine what sort of anarcho-libertarianism you are into.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:09 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,180,327 times
Check that again. Canada has no problem stepping up to the plate. They did more than their fair share in Afghanistan. They also had a guy make a world record sniper shot there. They would be using drones if they had them.

They fought in both WW's, took a beach in Normandy, participated in the Gulf War, Korea, etc. They smartly skipped over Bush's mistake in Iraq and didn't participate in Vietnam.

Perhaps you might want to know some history before you make generalizations of a country. They have these things called libraries nowadays.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_atw View Post
Your posts are numbing my intelligence. Since you say your location is "occupied Virginia", I'm guessing you're so far right that you've almost traveled around the political globe. I have a friend who lives in Virginia - he considers it quite a free state. I can only imagine what sort of anarcho-libertarianism you are into.
Nice deflection. I'm basically a fiscal conservative and far more to the left than you are on social issues. So unlike you, I don't like war, killing american citizens without due process, and arresting people for smoking a leaf (which you support due to your support for Obama).

Old 06-20-2012, 06:56 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,354,088 times
I don't think he'd fit if he takes any responsibility for any of these, admittedly homegrown but telling nonetheless, assessments :

Special Canada Day Report: How Canada stole the American Dream | Macleans.ca - Canada - Features

Old 06-20-2012, 07:05 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,841,359 times
Canada is a great country.

They don't need Obama's war machine, or Obama's ghetto scene.

He can sparkle someon else's eye.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:11 PM

468 posts, read 780,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post

There are a lot less of the uneducated, call themselves Republican, right wing whiners in Canada. The average person can actually do things like read a paper, tell you all of their Provinces, point their country out on a map and all of those basic things that a lot of the tea bagger types struggle with.
I don't think a lot of American liberals can name all the provinces in Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies