Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 09:08 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I wonder if this victim of bullying will receive the half million dollars that has been raised? They say it is going "for the vacation of a lifetime", which surely won't cost over $500,000.00, so will she received the unspent donations?

I sure hope so. At the very least this puts bullying back in the spotlight and reminds us of how cruel we can be to others.
i think it would be nice if everybody who thought she was treated badly sent her 1 dollar, so she would realize that there are good people out there, as well as the bad people.

there are still millions of nice people out there, although the not-so-nice seem to be getting all the attention from the media-when what they should be is PUNISHED.

it should amount to a nice pile of cash for her in the end.

did they give an address to send it to her directly?

Last edited by floridasandy; 06-22-2012 at 09:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 09:13 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
I wonder if this victim of bullying will receive the half million dollars that has been raised? They say it is going "for the vacation of a lifetime", which surely won't cost over $500,000.00, so will she received the unspent donations?

I sure hope so. At the very least this puts bullying back in the spotlight and reminds us of how cruel we can be to others.
She could use some of the money for grief therapy for the death of her son, which she mentioned. She may have health care expenses she could use some help with. If she's working as a bus attendant, it means she's short on retirement savings. The money would boost her retirement fund. Odd assumption that someone that age wouldn't have a constructive use or need for the money.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:45 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Where is this money being collected and is there any assurance it will go to her?

There are so many comments about the parenting in this thread. I just came from dinner (Fridays) where parents had a 4yo and another parent had their new born twins at 11 pm, I then went to Walmart where all these under age 6 kids were being toted around.... what happened to parents keeping reasonable bedtime hours for their kids? It seems like such a mentality where parents won't be inconvenienced by kids... What is going on?

Old 06-22-2012, 10:05 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She could use some of the money for grief therapy for the death of her son, which she mentioned. She may have health care expenses she could use some help with. If she's working as a bus attendant, it means she's short on retirement savings. The money would boost her retirement fund. Odd assumption that someone that age wouldn't have a constructive use or need for the money.

Where on earth did I assume she would not have a constructive use for the money? I said I hope she gets all of it.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:50 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
This guy should get a job as a bus monitor

School Bus Bullies Confronted By Dad - YouTube

Old 06-23-2012, 01:22 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
I was wondering why didn't the bus drive pull over and attempt to stop them but then I realized that no one can stop them. They are in vicious gang type of mentality. This doesn't even begin to fit group mentality. It's bullying but yet it seem to be more than bullying.

I remember about 10 years ago I would see this little brat run up to the crossing guard and kick that poor old man so hard. The guy would jump and scream in pain while the kid laughed and though it was funny. One kick every morning wasn't enough nooo that little bastard always kept going after the crossing guard. I used to wonder why didn't he report the bastard but then I was told they most likely would blame the guard and he may have feared losing his job. Well one day he got fed up and I, along with everyone else on the street, saw him spanking the kid. It was so good to see that which surprised me because I don't believe in spanking, at least not hard. It didn't look like the old guy was spanking him hard but the kid looked pissed. I hope it humiliated the little bastard. He got off easy because I would have pressed charges against his parents and made them pay for all medical bills and trauma caused by their violent spoiled brat. They must have fired him because we never saw him again I wished later on that I had called the School or papers and let them know what that bastard did the crossing guard.
Perhaps, if all of the adults on the street would have called the school and reported the child instead of just watching a "poor old man" get kicked everyday he wouldn't have needed to spank the child and the "poor old man" (who probably really, really needed the job or he wouldn't of put up with being kicked every day) wouldn't have been fired. He may also have been charged with a crime for spanking the child. I hope that he didn't end up in jail.

The child probably felt pretty powerful to get the crossing guard fired and maybe charged or put in jail. I wonder who that child picked on next?

Perhaps there would be a few less bullies if there were more people willing to step up and do the right thing and not just watch inappropriate behavior by children occur over and over again.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:01 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
II was thinking about the calls made to all these families of the kids responsible.... I have a feeling many are crossing the line and doing exactly what the offenders did....

Old 06-23-2012, 06:04 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:

I'm sure the site owner keeps a %, my guess would be in the neighborhood of 10%, and she'll have to pay tax.

She'll probably end up with about 1/2 of what's collected.

Much like winning the lottery.

The person who started the website is a genius.

Edit to add: This article says she won't have to pay tax. It's internet babble, so take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.latimes.com/business/tech...,7377801.story

Last edited by Dale Cooper; 06-23-2012 at 06:12 AM..

Old 06-23-2012, 08:26 AM

24,409 posts, read 23,065,142 times
The one kids father says he's going to go to therapy and is grounded which is also because he's received death threats from all over the world. Maybe we need to take a step back. These kids did act like little a holes but the father seemed honestly taken aback by it. Maybe a heartfelt apology, community service( picking up trash in the hot summer or cleaning busses) and loss of bus privileges would be enough. You can't judge somebody by one incident although the people closest to them would know if thes ekids are losers or not.
They're 13 years old, I thought they were older. Another thread brought up the decline of the US society and this is another example of it. Where were some other students to stand up and try to put an end to that abuse? A simple" I'll beat the crap out of you if you don't stop" or a girl simply slapping the face of one of them would have probably done it.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:49 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
This guy should get a job as a bus monitor

School Bus Bullies Confronted By Dad - YouTube
LOL...yea, the dad went ballistic, but i KNOW i'd have done the same thing if kids had attacked my daughter the same way. Knowing me, i would've been much worse than even he was because my temper is nuclear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies