Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 07:54 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
So do millions of other people in the world, including our school teachers who put up with this crap daily (from both children & adults) - and get paid pennies for their trouble. I'm happy this poor woman is getting some compensation, but also hope she has the heart to donate a portion to worthy charities/people. IMO that would be the right thing to do, given that she'll probably receive over $1M by the time this ends.
There will be a big chunk of change in taxes to both the state and fed.
She should still be able to retire and enjoy her last decade or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
It is sad,and I'm sure he could use a million for his medical bills. A million probably won't even cover half of his medical bills.

Sorry,I'm just so upset that someone is in pain and will never see again while another gets to go on a vacation and retirement when she didn't suffer any physical pain.
It doesn't affect you in any way.

Feel free to donate to that guy if you choose.

It's the choice of people donating to do what they want with their money.
Are you telling people who they should/should not donate to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 07:58 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
People who donated money are making a statement about bullying in a very effective way. It's definitely keeping the story in the headlines and getting people to talk about the outrageous way some kids today act. I personally hope she donates some of that money to an anti-bullying non-profit but that's her call---or maybe spend some of it on counseling for those who bullied her.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:03 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
None of your business what other people do, OP.

Put that energy into your OWN life.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:04 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
She didn't ask for money. It's a way for people to show support and express disgust.

Seems a little mean spirited that you can't be happy for her and feel the need to put some sort of cap on it.

Is it just human nature to take a positive event and make up a bunch of negatives?

Or to make it clear that you don't think it's fair because you have bills and nobody gives you any money? Or that you were bullied and nobody cared about you? Or that she got money and someone else didn't, therefore how dare she enjoy it?

The Wah factor is strong in this thread, jeez.
i like your post.

people can give their own money to support whomever they want, for whatever reason they want.

i think in her case there is just a growing disgust with irresponsible parenting, bullying in general (look at the guy who really got away with bullying that student to the point of suicide), and the "little guys" in the world being picked on.

americans are seeing NO JUSTICE and just want to do their own small part to see justice for at least one person in america. i hope she can quit that job (in no small part because she obviously doesn't have the constitution to be a school bus monitor and wouldn't have been able to stop anybody else from being bullied either, but clearly needed a job).

i hope that more people see some justice, as well.

i am proud of americans sticking up for the little guys in the country.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
People who donated money are making a statement about bullying in a very effective way. It's definitely keeping the story in the headlines and getting people to talk about the outrageous way some kids today act. I personally hope she donates some of that money to an anti-bullying non-profit but that's her call---or maybe spend some of it on counseling for those who bullied her.
Counseling my foot. These kids need to be put into alternative education and have their parents bring them to school from now on.
Can't behave on the bus ? Then "banned from the bus". And don't go crying that parents have to work and can't transport their kids to school. Maybe then the parent will deal with their bad behavior so they don't end up driving the kid to school every day.

Can't behave..then segregate them from the rest of society until they can and drag the parents along with them. Just maybe that might make a difference..forcing parents to deal with it.

I'm really sick and tired of these types of kids being coddled to as if they are victims. No, they are the perpetrators of this and need to be punished.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:12 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
He is getting Medicaid and Medicare to pay his medical bills.
How can he get Medicare when he hasn't worked?

How do we know he is going to automatically get Medicaid?

I think I will stick with the idea people just don't give a damn about the homeless.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:13 AM

I'm guessing most of you guys haven't been on a school bus in the inner city.
Much,much worse has occured,including assault.
What she expereinced is a drop in the bucket compared to inner city school buses.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:13 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,102,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Seriously? Its up over 700,000 dollars.

Dont get me wrong, I feel bad for her and those kids should be punished

But also its apparent she wasnt doing her job either as a bus monitor, because these kids would already have been reported, and it wouldnt have taken a Youtube video to see their actions.

I think the kind gesture of raising 5000 for a vacation was nice, and now its out of hand

Maybe she will donate a lot to charity.....or we will see her iced out with a diamond grill
This OP is way too harsh and I think that's too bad because there is a good point to be made. It doesn't bother me that people give her their money. You are allowed to give your own money to anyone you want to. I wouldn't do it myself and think it's ridiculous, but that is their choice. The real problem with this as I see it is that it does nothing to deal with the real problem. Iv' heard nothing about any real consequences for these kids for what they did.

I have to ask, just like the OP, what is her job? They did not have bus monitors when I was in school. From what I have seen it may be a bit like being a prison guard and not for the sensitive. She seems like a nice person, but we obviously need someone tougher for this job. Along with that we need to give them and the school system the ability to do something about things like this. I have heard teachers in the education forum say their hands are tied when trying to deal with behavior in classrooms. I will assume then that the bus is the same.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
There will be a big chunk of change in taxes to both the state and fed.
She should still be able to retire and enjoy her last decade or two.

It doesn't affect you in any way.

Feel free to donate to that guy if you choose.

It's the choice of people donating to do what they want with their money.
Are you telling people who they should/should not donate to?
I know it doesnt affect me,but I have empathy for both.
I just find it ironic that someone who got his face eaten off and lost his sight got less charity than an elderly bus aide.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:42 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
It is sad,and I'm sure he could use a million for his medical bills. A million probably won't even cover half of his medical bills."""

A there's thousands of other Americans in his shoes... So why single him out??

""Sorry,I'm just so upset that someone is in pain and will never see again while another gets to go on a vacation and retirement when she didn't suffer any physical pain.
The woman is 68 years old...she HAS known pain and WILL know pain and if she's smart she'll save some for HER medical bills.

Want more money for the homeless guy?

CALL THE MEDIA...they, and only they, control how big a story will be...demand more attention for him....start a website for donations...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies