Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 11:12 AM

13,250 posts, read 9,872,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I completely agree with you. What happened to her is awful, the kids should be punished by their parents the government and anyone else that can knock some sense into their heards. It is her money and she should do with it what she wants, but enough is enough for heaven's sake.
Says who? Why is enough enough? How much is enough?

I fail to see what the problem is here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 11:20 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,591,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
How about this.... maybe now she can retire and not be forced to work until she's 80, trying to manage everyone else's heathen children who behaved like animals? And no, it's not her job to train these little demon seeds to observe minimal levels of respect for others. It's the parents who obviously failed miserably in their duty to teach their foul mouthed future felons to behave like civilized human beings.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:21 AM

3,011 posts, read 6,293,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Seriously? Its up over 700,000 dollars.

Dont get me wrong, I feel bad for her and those kids should be punished

But also its apparent she wasnt doing her job either as a bus monitor, because these kids would already have been reported, and it wouldnt have taken a Youtube video to see their actions.

I think the kind gesture of raising 5000 for a vacation was nice, and now its out of hand

Maybe she will donate a lot to charity.....or we will see her iced out with a diamond grill
Would YOU turn down 700 grand?

Old 06-25-2012, 11:22 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,886,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
YES you are.....see bolding abiove

"""" Some jobs just don't work out. I do feel for this woman. However I think it is obvious that this bus monitor may not be a job for her"""

And there are just SO many jobs out there for 68 year olds!!!!

REALLY!!!

It's sad that someone her age HAS to have a job...

Maybe the ignorant parents of the bullies would like to take a shot at it...

i do see the point of someone questioning her at that job in particular, because she obviously was not emotionally strong enough to deal with monster children and i can see how that wouldn't be helpful to other children who might need some protection from the little monsters on board.

what they need is someone strong enough to kick those kids off the bus and have them wait by the side of the road until their parents come and get them. furthermore, the policy should be explained at the beginning of each year and all parents should have to sign a consent form to agree, or their children don't get to ride the bus at all.

children have a right to get to school without being bullied by unhappy aggressive children.

i hope those parents of those badly behaving children are deeply ashamed, and i hope that the school district make them provide their own transportation to get their little troublemakers to school and back.

nobody--- not a school monitor just trying to stay employed in tough economic times, nor a child trying to ride to school to get an education ---should be subjected to crap like that.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:35 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm not minimizing what she went through,but its not as bad as what school bus aides in the inner city go through.
Isn't there another thread on here about the bus driver beaten by a driver of an illegally parked car that the bus sideswiped?

Let's see,if you had a choice: get face half eaten off,get bulied by some boys on the bus.

Maybe it is the media's fault. They pick and chose who they want helped out.
Why are you making this either/or?

You don't get to put a value on others or their pain.
You are not the arbiter.

Lots of bad things happen in the world.
People choose to give this woman money.

It's none of your business what people choose to do with their money.
Why don't you pay for the man's surgery?
If it's your money, you have that choice.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:39 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,088,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
I dont gibe my money to anyone or anything...

People are chit
Good of you to let us know.

Thankfully, there ARE generous people in this country who actually care about others.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:10 PM

811 posts, read 548,604 times
I saw the video and first thought was "Why I cosign abortion 100%". So POS like this could not exist.

The poor woman, I hear people are donating money, and I think I will also. She's a strong woman I can tell for being able to keep her cool for that long.

Casey anthony should have been their mothers.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:49 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,759,236 times
They need a drill sergeant who knows how to yell and scare the crap out of them just by yelling. Also the parents need to be forced into giving permission to yell, scream a that them or punish them in forms of doing push ups things like that. If the parents do not participate in giving permission then from now on let the parents be responsible to drive their brats to and from School everyday. IMHO it's better to give them tough love now rather than wait until they end up in jail or rehab or maybe the parents need to be given courses on how to discipline and socialize their children....I bet Dr. Phil would know how he could teach the parents to be good parents.

Zyngawb, I think her purpose was to make sure they don't beat up and bully each other, other kids or the bus driver while driving. To make sure they don't get hurt and to make sure the bus driver isn't accused of doing something that any one of these brats could accuse the bus driver of doing. It's basically to have protection all around for everyone on the bus and for the School against any liability.

The only time we had a monitor on my School bus was when it was reported that some kids were smoking pot.

Last edited by Lolipopbubbles; 06-25-2012 at 06:58 PM..

Old 06-25-2012, 06:50 PM

14,944 posts, read 8,555,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
I'm not blaming the victim. Some jobs just don't work out. I do feel for this woman. However I think it is obvious that this bus monitor may not be a job for her. She's too sensitive and these kids are monsters that need a prison guard and rules to be changed so there can be consequences for their behavior. Does it bother anyone else that nothing was done about the real problem here? This poor woman is clearly in over her head. And no one answered my question. What is a bus monitors job? When this happens what are they suppose to do? What are they allowed to do? I really do want to know why they have an adult on this bus and what is their job because I don't know.
The job is adult supervision for the children, which isn't exactly a new concept. But it's already a bad sign that monitors are needed to begin with .... when I was riding a school bus, there were no monitors needed to keep the peace. But this case is way over the top ... I mean come on ... if these kids will go to such extremes, tormenting and taunting this elderly woman, particularly in such a vulgar manner, there isn't anything she or anyone else have done to address that. Obviously, these kids were not going to listen to anything, and you can't bust them upside the head for chris sake ... so what could she have done?

Unfortunately, this is becoming more common these days to see kids confronting adults and even threatening them ... sometimes to include a follow through in those threats with physical violence. And
this is just a precursor to even worse behavior in the future if it's not addressed strongly enough.

Clearly, we're in trouble as a society, but people just don't seem to realize the extent. We're becoming desensitized by events like Columbine, which makes an event like this one seemingly no big deal. But it is a big deal when compared to the behavior of kids 30 or 40 years ago, when kids wouldn't dare behave like this.

This is the canary in the coal mine type of thing. This growing level of disrespect is a reflection of what's happening in the larger world where rampant corruption and criminality is becoming the norm .... coupled with the degrading crap that makes up the majority of programming on television and popular music ... all of this is playing a role in shaping these kids thoughts and attitudes. They're growing up way too fast and headed in the wrong direction. And what else can one expect when things like "morality" is considered an oppressive, outdated concept, while immorality is celebrated and glorified?

I really don't place the majority of blame these kids ... kids are a product of their environment and of the training they receive (or don't receive). Clearly something is going terribly wrong.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:06 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,439,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The job is adult supervision for the children, which isn't exactly a new concept. But it's already a bad sign that monitors are needed to begin with .... when I was riding a school bus, there were no monitors needed to keep the peace. But this case is way over the top ... I mean come on ... if these kids will go to such extremes, tormenting and taunting this elderly woman, particularly in such a vulgar manner, there isn't anything she or anyone else have done to address that. Obviously, these kids were not going to listen to anything, and you can't bust them upside the head for chris sake ... so what could she have done?
1) Told them assertively they don't get to talk to her/treat her that way
2) Said that she would follow up with teachers/the principal/their parents if they continue
3) Gone to the bus driver and told the bus drive to stop the bus till the kids stop misbehaving

I know it's hard to stand up when you are being bullied and abused, and I say this as someone who has been abused and bullied myself, but abuse and bullying can only happen if you let it happen to you. The fact that this woman sat there and took it disturbs me as much as the fact these kids taunted and bullied her to begin with. Don't get me wrong--I put the responsibility squarely on the kids, but doesn't the bus monitor have authority over the kids? Or isn't she in direct contact with people who do (parents/teachers/school admin)? I would hope that would at least make it easier for her to stand up for herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies