Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 03:50 PM

267 posts, read 82,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
If I married a woman with children, I wouldn't kill them like a lion would.

Im not refering to a person killing their kids like a lion would..............BUT, it is not like people do not kill their own children because we all know better then that...Too many sitting in prison for that reason..And that IS some of what I speak of.....And I did not say all people , I said some people........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 03:58 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,221,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafromillinois View Post
Wild animals kill there own kind and put fear into their own kind as much as the human? I DOUBT THAT!

Talk about proof? Proof comes from reading half of the stuff that hits this sight. I watch enough of the animal planet and have seen enough of the wild life first hand to know they are not as cruel as humans can be. And as far as singing kumbuya or any other tear jerker, gotta know me better then that. Im just a woman that thinks the human race wastes too much time disrespecting others and judging too quickly.......PROOF! You judged me damn snappy ,did you not? I am a heart felt person that feels we people are like the wild ones but I aint a holden hand singing kind of person either..........
Just a couple of points here........

1) as you've only been a CD member since May, you're right, we don't know you very well.

2) if you don't like the content of any particular thread, don't read it.

This is a microcosm of the real world, some good, some bad but we learn to deal with it.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:01 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,798,959 times
Quote:
Im not refering to a person killing their kids like a lion would..............BUT, it is not like people do not kill their own children because we all know better then that...Too many sitting in prison for that reason..And that IS some of what I speak of.....And I did not say all people , I said some people........
Yeah I know, humans suck.
Whatayagonnado?

(That's only half sarcastic; I usually prefer the company of animals.)

Old 06-21-2012, 04:29 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
If I married a woman with children, I wouldn't kill them like a lion would.
Nah, "human" females just abort them if they are "inconvenient"

Old 06-21-2012, 04:29 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,677,590 times
Quote:
Humans are the most compassionate and empathetic species on the planet. That's why we have been so successful and bountiful I suspect you don't have much experience with truly wild settings.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:45 PM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Just because mothers toss babies into trash bins and gangs kill each other and everyone else because they imagined they were dissed, you think humans have a problem?

Yep why would people support murder and mayhem by buying illegal drugs and spread human misery?
Guess because it feels good.

The call of the wild is alive and well as we are part of nature. Particiapnts in a evolutionary process and subject to elimination if unsuccessful. We struggle to survive by populating all vacancies in the spectrum of human behavior in hope that a few will come out an evolutionary winner and carry the genes for another couple hundred years.

We breed so quickly to replenish the losses almost as if we were at the low end of the food chain where prey animals have the highest birth rates. Maybe our birthrate is so high to compennsate for the cloossal stupidity that human critters have demonstrated. They are so dumb we can't replcae them fast enough.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:19 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Well, at least we don't eat each other... most of the time.
Miami is outlawing bath salts so there may be less cannibalism in the future.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Miami is outlawing bath salts so there may be less cannibalism in the future.
I wonder what this little boy thought about Miami after game 4.

6 year old boy crying because Miami Heat win Oklahoma City Thunder-I Hate Miami D3 - YouTube

Off topic but about Miami, anyway.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:46 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Wild animals have more compassion for each other then we do.
Apparently, you don't get the Animal Planet or National Geographic channels.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:57 PM

18,353 posts, read 26,479,237 times
Wild animals never created atomic bombs. I think an argument could be made that the "wild" both animal and human, have been far less violent in history than the "civilized." Animals don't show a lot of compassion towards each other, but they can often be reluctant to kill their own kind. They'll fight but not kill. More "primitive" human societies were about the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies