Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 03:09 PM

267 posts, read 81,952 times

Advertisements

We call ourselves the human race. You would think that we would be more compassionate for our own race (the human race) then what we are. Wild animals have more compassion for each other then we do. It is shameful to think that we judge each other so quickly and care for each other so little. We argue and fight over the color of people, the wealth of people and the love of people. I feel before we judge people and disrespect people we should look into our own closets to see how clean we keep them. I have found alot of people to be more like wild animals then like the humans they claim to be.......Why cant people treat others the way they would like to be treated? It is alot like the call of the wild!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 03:16 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,818,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafromillinois View Post
.......... Wild animals have more compassion for each other then we do. ..........
Care to back that up that claim with some proof (links) or would you prefer to just join hands and sing kumbuya?

Old 06-21-2012, 03:17 PM

45,062 posts, read 26,215,504 times
we just need more laws

Old 06-21-2012, 03:21 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,818,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
we just need more laws
Hey Frank, pass the kool-aid. I don't think I got a strong enough batch.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:26 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,737,057 times
Well, at least we don't eat each other... most of the time.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Care to back that up that claim with some proof (links) or would you prefer to just join hands and sing kumbuya?

Wild animals kill there own kind and put fear into their own kind as much as the human? I DOUBT THAT!

Talk about proof? Proof comes from reading half of the stuff that hits this sight. I watch enough of the animal planet and have seen enough of the wild life first hand to know they are not as cruel as humans can be. And as far as singing kumbuya or any other tear jerker, gotta know me better then that. Im just a woman that thinks the human race wastes too much time disrespecting others and judging too quickly.......PROOF! You judged me damn snappy ,did you not? I am a heart felt person that feels we people are like the wild ones but I aint a holden hand singing kind of person either..........

Old 06-21-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Well, at least we don't eat each other... most of the time.
No we just kill and leave laying

Old 06-21-2012, 03:38 PM

9,130 posts, read 5,769,933 times
Quote:
Wild animals kill there own kind and put fear into their own kind as much as the human? I DOUBT THAT!

If I married a woman with children, I wouldn't kill them like a lion would.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:46 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,315,736 times
Quote:
We call ourselves the human race. You would think that we would be more compassionate for our own race (the human race) then what we are. Wild animals have more compassion for each other then we do. It is shameful to think that we judge each other so quickly and care for each other so little. We argue and fight over the color of people, the wealth of people and the love of people. I feel before we judge people and disrespect people we should look into our own closets to see how clean we keep them. I have found alot of people to be more like wild animals then like the humans they claim to be.......Why cant people treat others the way they would like to be treated? It is alot like the call of the wild!
The human animal evolved to consume more, desire more, and requires larger areas for our size then the planet naturally would sustain.

The planet can't feed almost 7 billion people, just can't do it. So that requires farming, which requires land, which makes it valuable......

You see where this is going. Value is the root of all evil.

Truly, they only time that peace will break out on earth is when we have conqured the atom, and able to manipulate matter into anything we want. From carbon atoms to steak, from lead, to gold. Now that isn't impossible, and it can happen some day, but until then, we will have value on the things that we have to live on, which means that some will have more, some will not, it will continue bickering by those that don't have it, and those who think its being taken away.

Are there things we can do to make things more compasionate? Yes, like civil rights, and other things that made things better for all people. But we will never be perfect, until all desires can be fulfilled. Even then, some things will be out of reach, and there will always be some bickering.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:46 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,493,323 times
Quote:
I can appreciate what you're saying. Would like to join the New Seekers and sing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jr9hPbYmBo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies