Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 01:45 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nornus View Post
Louis probably knows more about about white privilege that most white Americans since he grew up in a county with a genuinely racist white aristocracy(Mexico).

Horrible American whites feed and cloth Mexico's impoverished oppressed non-whites; White Mexican Louis C.K. whines about how awful American white people are.
Actually Mexico has more classicism than racism; I don't think Mexicans of Spanish descent would mind marrying mestizos if they had money. They wouldn't be able to tell who was a pure white anyway, unless those people recently moved to Mexico from Spain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 01:49 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's total bullsh*t. Anti-white sentiment hasn't grown an inch since this country was founded. You're out of your mind for even believing that crap.

The term "honorary white" doesn't exist for nothing. White privilege DOES exist. Louis C.K. let that one out of the bag. It might have been a skit, but everyone knows there is a hell of a lot of truth in it.
And Chris Rock also commented on the same thing from the other perspective. He said that no white man, even the most toothless, unemployed, diseased, retarded, inbred, down-and-out specimen, would change places with him straight-up - and Rock's a millionaire!

Old 07-12-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Another thread where AA's post how unhappy they are to have been born black.. It isn't our fault guys, go get a life. There is no racism, at least from our side, it all comes from you.................
Hey, what a revelation! I guess that settles it.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:57 PM

744 posts, read 811,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
And Chris Rock also commented on the same thing from the other perspective. He said that no white man, even the most toothless, unemployed, diseased, retarded, inbred, down-and-out specimen, would change places with him straight-up - and Rock's a millionaire!
Ridiculous, unless I am out of touch with how Black people think....How many Black people would choose to change places with a completely different looking person of a different race? I can't imagine anyone who has lived their entire life as an individual willingly trading places with anyone of any race. I am White and fairly poor, I would not trade places with another White whether or not they are worth millions, billions or are 20x better looking than myself because that person is not ME. I imagine it's the same with Black people, am I wrong?

Old 07-12-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Ridiculous, unless I am out of touch with how Black people think....How many Black people would choose to change places with a completely different looking person of a different race? I can't imagine anyone who has lived their entire life as an individual willingly trading places with anyone of any race. I am White and fairly poor, I would not trade places with another White whether or not they are worth millions, billions or are 20x better looking than myself because that person is not ME. I imagine it's the same with Black people, am I wrong?
You're wrong. I'd change places with George Clooney, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, or countless other rich and/or good-looking white men any time.

Last edited by Lucario; 07-12-2012 at 11:00 PM..

Old 07-12-2012, 10:51 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Another thread where AA's post how unhappy they are to have been born black.. It isn't our fault guys, go get a life. There is no racism, at least from our side, it all comes from you.................
You must be smoking some very good weed!

Old 07-12-2012, 11:09 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
why would I give up anything. What little I have, I deserve.
That's the position that people, regardless of race, take who worked for what they have.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:15 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Of course there is white privilege. If there wasn't you wouldn't have the phrase Driving While Black.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:21 PM

744 posts, read 811,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You're wrong. I'd change places with George Clooney, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, or countless other rich and/or good-looking white men any time.
Does the fact that they're White have anything to do with it or is it mainly the money? Would you willingly trade places with a White man similar in looks and socioeconomic status as yourself?

Old 07-13-2012, 03:00 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,410,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Does the fact that they're White have anything to do with it or is it mainly the money? Would you willingly trade places with a White man similar in looks and socioeconomic status as yourself?
I'm a white guy and I would trade places with any rich non-white man or woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies