Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 09:17 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
yeah but it is the everyday people that vote and you can out vote the rich people the own the Corporations so why did you guys pass by Ron Paul?

He seemed like Someone that he was looking out for the Average American Middleclass worker in their best interests and not the Big Corporations best interests?

Sometimes you guys makes no sense but then again we are used to it and well sometimes we make no sense on what we do either..Oh well as you Next door Neighbhour I say vote for who ever you want and who ever will helps the average middlecalss Americans out and is looking out for you best interests

and Good luck...Us Canadians are pulling for ya cause were all in this together..
The average middleclass american receives their information on candidates from main street media, which of course is controlled by corporations. You need money to get your message out there. Most of Paul's money came from individual donations and not super pacs controlled by special interest corporations. I wish he would have decided to run as an independent instead of Republican. The Republican party really did not want him.

I agree, but there are many right wing conservatives who believe Canada is made up of Communists. I mean Universal Health Care is a communist plot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 09:18 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
No offense, but it doesn't matter who Canada likes as our president.

On the other hand, how are Yall's Asbestos mines doing?
LOL, We have moved on to Potash mining way more money in that Eh!

Old 06-22-2012, 09:20 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Here he is labeled a marxist, communist etc. by the right wing. Of course, most of these people probably have never been to another country other than on a vacation to cancun.
Well, those people think they are 'right', but the truth is they don't have a clue what they are and what they believe. They'll come here to repeat everything they hear in the radio and TV.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:26 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
The point is about how much further right we are than our neighbors who we share so many things in common with, and while our economy has gone south theirs has been a lot more stable.
Lots of people, especially on the right (but also on the left at times), like to bury their heads in the sand and ignore what's happening to our north and in Europe. It makes it easier to cling to insane policies that have sent nations back into recession and caused unemployment to soar, like our Republican party is currently doing.
Quote:
yeah but it is the everyday people that vote and you can out vote the rich people the own the Corporations so why did you guys pass by Ron Paul?
Mostly, people like handouts (even Paul likes them!). He's not enough of a war mongering sociopath to get the vote on the right. He's all too eager to trash the constitution when it gets in the way of his desire to deny rights to people. His solution to our broken healthcare system is to break it even more, but at least he's willing to stop your payroll taxes if you happen to be dying.

Paul has the occasional good idea, but mostly he's just a crazy old man with a tenuous grasp of reality.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:28 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,496,320 times
Go to every country in the world and ask the same questions
of there citizens and see what they would say and why they would vote.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:32 AM

226 posts, read 213,645 times
Who cares, eh? They're canadian.

Any other useless stats you want to post?

Old 06-22-2012, 09:34 AM

226 posts, read 213,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Actually, they're on average better educated than Americans, their economy has been doing better than the US and they have a ton less debt per capita. The only thing hopelessly stupid here is a post that calls Canadians stupid.

I'm going to say most of that is due to their population demographics.
But I doubt you would want to discuss that.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:35 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirate05 View Post
Who cares, eh? They're canadian.

Any other useless stats you want to post?
Some would choose ignorance over information.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:37 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Not surprisingly, the majority of liberal voters think Obama is doing a good job, but even 51% of conservative voters think he is doing a good job.

Of course, our conservatives are a lot more far right than their conservatives. In Canada, Obama would be considered centrist or right of center IMO.

Who do Canadians want to vote for? Barack Obama - The Globe and Mail
When will Obama be trying to make Canadians eligible to vote this fall? I would say any day he will try to do that one way or another.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:42 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirate05 View Post
I'm going to say most of that is due to their population demographics.
But I doubt you would want to discuss that.
Sure, let's discuss this:

Special Canada Day Report: How Canada stole the American Dream | Macleans.ca - Canada - Features
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies