Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 01:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IF a company believes it will fatten the bottom line commericials in French are EXACTLY what you'll see!

IF you really find it that offensive why aren't you busy making inquiries to FORD?
I really wonder how many people, besides me, won't be going to a Ford dealership for any more new cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 01:09 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Dios Mio!

Old 06-22-2012, 01:11 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I really wonder how many people, besides me, won't be going to a Ford dealership for any more new cars.

I don't know?

How many silly people do you think there are?

As for me, IF I was buying a new car, I'd want the most bang for my $$$ and really don't give a rat's ass what language they advertise in.

BTW, I'm curious.

What would you see as more of an American car, a Ford made in Mexico by Mexican labor or a Honda made in Ohio by American labor?

Old 06-22-2012, 01:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

I don't know?

How many silly people do you think there are?

As for me, IF I was buying a new car, I'd want the most bang for my $$$ and really don't give a rat's ass what language they advertise in.
You'd have to at least understand that language to know if you're getting the most bang for your buck.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:16 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Ok, go to the Chevy lot and buy yourself a Tahoe built in Guadalajara, Mexico. Or, a Camaro with a Chinese engine. Or, buy a Dodge and send your American money to Italy or, God forbid, the UAW (Fiat and the union basically own Chrysler jointly). Better yet, buy a Nissan or Kia or Toyota or Honda. Even though the car may be built in America, they're still foreign companies, right?

Go ahead and do that because you don't like Ford selling AMERICAN made products, built mostly by AMERICAN workers in AMERICAN plants using predominantly AMERICAN parts, but advertising in Spanish and call it...what? Patriotism?

Old 06-22-2012, 01:17 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Question: What would it hurt if Spanish became the dominant language in America?
Question: Would Mexicans in Mexico like English to become the dominant language in Mexico? How about China? Would they like German to become the dominant language of China? This unnatural langauge transformation would only happen with the continued illegal immigration from Mexico and other Latino countries. Are you ok with that?

Old 06-22-2012, 01:18 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You'd have to at least understand that language to know if you're getting the most bang for your buck.
WHY?

I don't believe the advertising no matter what language it's in.

i.e., A FORD salesman telling me a FORD's a good car doesn't mean much to me. Now if a Chevy salesman tells me a FORD's a good car............................................... ...............................

Last edited by burdell; 06-22-2012 at 01:28 PM..

Old 06-22-2012, 01:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
You're going off track here. This thread is about Spanish language ads, not Obama. YOU may see a connection, but I don't.
Was that last EO not aimed at making all those illegals superior to the legals from the same countries? Yep, I think you could see some involvement if you opened your eyes.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:22 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Question: Would Mexicans in Mexico like English to become the dominant language in Mexico? How about China? Would they like German to become the dominant language of China? This unnatural langauge transformation would only happen with the continued illegal immigration from Mexico and other Latino countries. Are you ok with that?
I don't care what they think.

If you're going to respond, at least have the decency to actually answer the question.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:27 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
If I were operating a business on the border, I would sure as hell learn to speak spanish. A paying customer is a paying customer. Not to mention the fact that there are a whole lot of attractive women who only speak spanish...just saying.
I agree, if that is your majority customer base, but it's not mine so I have no reason. I don't use a cleanup crew, etc. All of the taco shops speak English so there again, doesn't affect me a bit.

It would have made slightly more sense with English caption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies