Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 09:32 PM

464 posts, read 479,348 times

Advertisements

It's kind hard to vote for the Republican party when you have some of its members disrespecting the PRESIDENT by making references to lynching and using the the N word. It also doesn't help when some of those member disrespecting the FIRST LADY by calling her trash and making statements about her body like a slave master on the plantation getting ready for a raping.

Oops! I just pulled out the race card. I'm such a bad dirty feminist man hating liberal. Time for me to go back to the kitchen, oh wait I'm black. Time for me to go down to the welfare and get my monthly check for poppin out dem babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 09:58 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,480,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Facts are facts.

If the majority of non-white voters were actually informed of the history of the democratic party and could see what the democratic party has actually done to keep them as an underclass they would leave.

The Democrat Party's Long and Shameful History of Bigotry and Racism
You do realize that the two parties have changed ideologies, right? If I were alive in 1860, I would have been a Republican, but sadly the Republican Party is no longer the Party of Lincoln. They sold their soul to get the angry white southern racist vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I'm black and I'm surprised that black people vote overwhelming democrat. Most blacks are socially conservative. They're oppsed to gay marriage, abortion, illegal immigration, but yet they continue to vote democrat. I would also ask what has voting democrat the last 50 years gotten black people? Black people's situation has gotten worse the last 50 years. The out of wedlock birth rate for black people in 1963 was 24 percent, today its 70 percent! We have the lowest marriage rate, highest out of wedlock rate, the least education, highest incarceration rate, highest poverty rate, highest percentage of people on welfare, but yet we want to continue with the staus quo and keep voting democrat.
Civil Rights = BIG advancement, as well as the growth of the Black Middle Class. That certainly wasn't happening in 1962. There might be problems in the black community, but to say that things were BETTER before 1962 is a HUGE stretch.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:08 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Ever since the civil rights movement, Republicans have done everything in their power to push minorities away from their party. So far they've conceded blacks, latinos, and gays. They are also doing every thing they can to concede the women vote. So why do they act surprised when minorities punish them at the polls by voting overwhelmingly Democratic?

A powerful coalition of minorities was crucial to Obama's victory in 08 and it will be crucial again to his victory in 2012. In fact, it is Obama's strong showing among minorities, particularly Latinos, that have put several former red states into play as swing states. The GOP is depending on conservative whites and an unlimited supply of Wall Street money to win the election. However, there is a limit to the amount of votes that money can buy.
Based on your own statement about buying votes, there is a limit to how many minority votes Dems can buy with their hand-outs. You assume a lot of stupidity and greed among the minority population, otherwise.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:09 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
It's kind hard to vote for the Republican party when you have some of its members disrespecting the PRESIDENT by making references to lynching and using the the N word. It also doesn't help when some of those member disrespecting the FIRST LADY by calling her trash and making statements about her body like a slave master on the plantation getting ready for a raping.

Oops! I just pulled out the race card. I'm such a bad dirty feminist man hating liberal. Time for me to go back to the kitchen, oh wait I'm black. Time for me to go down to the welfare and get my monthly check for poppin out dem babies.
Name them. Elected or appointed officials.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:10 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post

You have a lot of issues. Hope you find a way to get better.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:20 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,198 times
Many Republicans don't hide the fact that they dislike minorities, so it's not suprising that minorities would shy away from them. That still is not a good excuse to flock to the Democratic party, who isn't a whole lot better.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:40 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
The minorities are going to vote for the man they believe is going to give them government monies. And that is usually the Democrats that throw away government money. Freeloaders.
So in your estimation, minorities = freeloaders. How not at all racist or xenophobic of you. Is that the official conservative platform or just yours?

Old 06-23-2012, 02:06 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,440,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Ever since the civil rights movement, Republicans have done everything in their power to push minorities away from their party. So far they've conceded blacks, latinos, and gays. They are also doing every thing they can to concede the women vote. So why do they act surprised when minorities punish them at the polls by voting overwhelmingly Democratic?

A powerful coalition of minorities was crucial to Obama's victory in 08 and it will be crucial again to his victory in 2012. In fact, it is Obama's strong showing among minorities, particularly Latinos, that have put several former red states into play as swing states. The GOP is depending on conservative whites and an unlimited supply of Wall Street money to win the election. However, there is a limit to the amount of votes that money can buy.
This is true.
This seems like one of those situations where there are two executives that can be promoted to CEO but voting from the lower employees is required to see who will be the CEO out of the two.
CEO 1: "Ok you guys, vote for me and I'll make sure you have a job"-trying to please the lower employes
CEO 2: "Ladies, Gentlemen, as our company continues to prosper we can cut nearly 25% of our staff by implementing machines that will do the former employes job for virtually nothing"-trying to please the other executives

Who would the employes choose? Of course CEO 1, why would you choose someone who seems to be against you.

Apply this conservatives, they continue to talk about deportation so how in the hell do they expect to get the minority vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Many Republicans don't hide the fact that they dislike minorities, so it's not suprising that minorities would shy away from them. That still is not a good excuse to flock to the Democratic party, who isn't a whole lot better.
I also agree on this, but as I said above, would you vote for the guy who will fire you or keep you?

Old 06-23-2012, 05:59 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Now, to get back to the topic!!!

I don't support a party of indivisuals whose leaders and followers call my family and race monkeys and defend the practise through intellectual dishonesty.

I don't support a party that fought to continue "seperate but equal".

I don't support the party that justified the lynching, rape and murder of minorities.

I don't support the party that sees nothing immoral about taking the safety net of the poor while instituting laws that favor the wealthy.

I don't support the party that would abolish the EPA, Unions of all kind, the Dept of Education, all the while allowing wealthy polluters to destroy the environement and move the poor into those contaminated areas.

I don't support the party that would tell it's state governors to lie and state the economy is not
improving so that their Presidential canidate can continue to lie.

I don't support the party that vote that a corporation is a "person" with the right to influence the electoral process.

I don't support the party that asserts that black and minority achievement was only through AA and that those groups are intellectual incapable of intellectual achievement.

I don't support the party that is moving this country's educational system into one once again seperated by class and race.

I don't support the party that would deny they are actively seeking to establish a class of "have nots" and "have everything" in this country.

The list continues but I don't feel like continueing.
You described the Democratic party to a tee!

Old 06-23-2012, 06:06 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The Republican Party wants minorities to stand on their own instead of depending on the government and living 3 generations on welfare.

Self respect, self responsibility, and self sufficient.
This is correct! But some here have been brain washed by a party whos agenda is to get the black/minority vote. Rep commin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies