Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2012, 06:19 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Ever since the civil rights movement, Republicans have done everything in their power to push minorities away from their party. So far they've conceded blacks, latinos, and gays. They are also doing every thing they can to concede the women vote. So why do they act surprised when minorities punish them at the polls by voting overwhelmingly Democratic?

A powerful coalition of minorities was crucial to Obama's victory in 08 and it will be crucial again to his victory in 2012. In fact, it is Obama's strong showing among minorities, particularly Latinos, that have put several former red states into play as swing states. The GOP is depending on conservative whites and an unlimited supply of Wall Street money to win the election. However, there is a limit to the amount of votes that money can buy.
On what evidence do you base this opinion? Republicans have done more for minorities than Democrats. Democrats have done everything to keep them dependent on Government for handouts, etc. They have never done anything to help them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
*Crickets*

I guess the truth hits home for many on here. They know what I said is the truth and they have no rebuttal.

I hereby rest my case.
There is no rebuttal to something that is just a nonsensical claim. You presented no argument. Pretty lame if you ask me. You even tried to reassert the now tired and boring claim that Republicans are alienating women!

Put your Democrat Party playbook away. We all know what's in it, and it has just become a joke.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
You can't insult people and then expect them to turn around and vote for you at the same time.
Well, tell that to Obama. He has been insulting a lot of Americans for over three and one half years now. No wonder his numbers are going in the tank!

Which Republican candidate(s) specifically have been calling minorities "freeloaders?"

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 06-23-2012 at 06:52 AM..

Old 06-23-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Come on. Democrats arent helping the minority community. Democrats need people to view themselves as victims and they take of advantage of minorities in this regard. Program after program aimed at keeping many on the Government dime.
And don't think for a minute that minorities haven't figured that out. I don't know where NewYorkGuy is getting his info (I think he's just making it up), but there are a lot of minorities that do vote Republican, and more and more every day are realizing what the Democrats stand for, and they don't like it.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:03 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,398 times
Quote:
Ever since the civil rights movement, Republicans have done everything in their power to push minorities away from their party. So far they've conceded blacks, latinos, and gays. They are also doing every thing they can to concede the women vote. So why do they act surprised when minorities punish them at the polls by voting overwhelmingly Democratic?

A powerful coalition of minorities was crucial to Obama's victory in 08 and it will be crucial again to his victory in 2012. In fact, it is Obama's strong showing among minorities, particularly Latinos, that have put several former red states into play as swing states. The GOP is depending on conservative whites and an unlimited supply of Wall Street money to win the election. However, there is a limit to the amount of votes that money can buy.
School choice?

The philly union plan?

Better question: wtf has the donkeys done for minorities?

GOP has 4 minority governors and counting.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:06 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,398 times
I'll go one further and say the Dems peaked with o. As far as minorities are concerned. It's the economy dummies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The 2008 election was a novelty election, it cannot be used as a reference point.

Now that, 'we elected him to see what's in him', the so called 'support' has evaporated.

Obama will lose in a landslide. his only hope is inelligble voters, and 'paid to vote' automaton voters picked up just before the polls close.

Any eligible voter of sound mind, despite assigned protective status, will hopefully cast a vote based on their perception of the disaster created by Obama.

Who would embrace such a candidate who has demonstrated such incompetence. Imagine, "my guy gave half a billion dollars to a solar company who was said to be about to fail and then thought it was a good idea in hindsight". "I am so glad he wasted my money and hope he takes more of my money or someone elses, to spend without hope of a return on investment"

"I want to vote for the guy who said my energy costs would necessarily skyrocket and really meant it"
I enjoy spending a larger part of may salary to heat my home and drive my car. It is a good thing that the cost of energy is skyrocketing".

Yep all good reasons for 'minorities' to vote for Obama.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Is this from your government education?
Probably. Half of what these people post makes no sense at all.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:11 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
*Crickets*

I guess the truth hits home for many on here. They know what I said is the truth and they have no rebuttal.

I hereby rest my case.
It is true, but it's the minorities who left the republicans, not the other way.

Democrats are simply buying their support.

Unconstitutionally.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Republicans talk about the culture of dependency and then basically say that minorities are too stupid to understand it and too lazy to do anything about it.
Now, you know very well that is a lie! Can you give us some examples? Quote some Republicans that have said minorites are too stupid, and too lazy. I dare you to come up with one statement from one Republican.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:14 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
No they will vote for the man who respects them, not tread on them. By calling all minorities freeholders, you have just exemplified why many minorities would never consider voting for your party. You can't insult people and then expect them to turn around and vote for you at the same time.
Do you think that treating minorities as though they are little children is a sign of respect? Because I assure you, that's how liberals view them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies