Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 02:21 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,108,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I'm black and I'm surprised that black people vote overwhelming democrat. Most blacks are socially conservative. They're oppsed to gay marriage, abortion, illegal immigration, but yet they continue to vote democrat. I would also ask what has voting democrat the last 50 years gotten black people? Black people's situation has gotten worse the last 50 years. The out of wedlock birth rate for black people in 1963 was 24 percent, today its 70 percent! We have the lowest marriage rate, highest out of wedlock rate, the least education, highest incarceration rate, highest poverty rate, highest percentage of people on welfare, but yet we want to continue with the staus quo and keep voting democrat.
Who would you listen to: someone who's opening line was "Hey buddy..." or someone whose opening line was "Hey n****r..."

Regardless of how inaccurate that comparison is
, that's the image of Republicans, and Republicans are okay enough w/ it, to not do anything about it.

EDIT: People seem to be purposefully trying to "ignore" the bolded part to misrepresent the point. Now there's not excuse.

Last edited by EddieB.Good; 06-22-2012 at 02:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 02:22 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Who would you listen to: someone who's opening line was "Hey buddy..." or someone whose opening line was "Hey n****r..."

Regardless of how inaccurate that comparison is, that's the image of Republicans, and Republicans are okay enough w/ it, to not do anything about it.
Show me a link.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:22 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,990,710 times
Quote:
Why do Republicans act surprised when minorities vote overwhelmingly Democratic?
Contrary to Democrat myth not all minorities vote "overwhelmingly Democrat" (democratic is a different word, btw).

Old 06-22-2012, 02:25 PM

226 posts, read 213,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post

Regardless of how inaccurate that comparison is, that's the image of Republicans, and Republicans are okay enough w/ it, to not do anything about it.

That's the image because people (like you) make up these lies and then people (like you) eat that sh1t up with a spoon and just accept what you're told to instead of actually thinking about the situation and coming to your own conclusion.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:26 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Ever since the civil rights movement, Republicans have done everything in their power to push minorities away from their party. So far they've conceded blacks, latinos, and gays. They are also doing every thing they can to concede the women vote. So why do they act surprised when minorities punish them at the polls by voting overwhelmingly Democratic?

Quote:
A powerful coalition of white people was crucial to Obama's victory in 08 and it will be crucial again to his victory in 2012.
In fact, it is Obama's strong showing among minorities, particularly Latinos, that have put several former red states into play as swing states. The GOP is depending on conservative whites and an unlimited supply of Wall Street money to win the election. However, there is a limit to the amount of votes that money can buy.
There, I fixed it for ya

Old 06-22-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Show me a link.
There is no link, which is why I said it's not an accurate characterization. I also said that Republicans have done nothing to combat that image (a leftover from when they pushed the Southern Strategy) which only reinforces that image.

And let's not even get started w/ Republican gems like "Blacks only vote Dem to keep the welfare coming"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirate05 View Post
That's the image because people (like you) make up these lies and then people (like you) eat that sh1t up with a spoon and just accept what you're told to instead of actually thinking about the situation and coming to your own conclusion.
No. I don't push it, hence ME saying: Regardless of how inaccurate that comparison is...

Old 06-22-2012, 02:32 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,619,891 times
I don't get it ether. Blacks and Hispanics are typically socially conservative, so to see how one-sided their voting patterns are is surprising.

Democrats position themselves as the party with the best interests of minorities at heart. After fifty years of failed policies and programs, it's boggling to think that Democrats want to help them. Viewing it objectively, it appears that Liberal policies designed with the intent of helping minorities have only trapped them in a world of poverty and high crime and by offering a never-ending supply of assistance, keeping minorities poor is actually in their best interest because they can count on those votes. When minorities become more successful or self-reliant, they're more likely to vote Republican.

Not only that, but policies like affirmative action are horribly insulting, which purport to level the playing field but are in fact the left-wing admission that they feel minorities can't compete on equal ground with whites and must be given an advantage.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:35 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
And the stupidity of your posts just prove that Democrats will not sit in the same room with morons...
More truth than you think. Why do you think the underclass blacks vote Democrat? It is not because they give a crap about the future of the nation as a whole, they're in it for themselves and what ever they can get free. Name me one republican pres in the last 50 yrs that has taken anything away from the underclass black man or middle class for that matter? I am waiting.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
More truth than you think. Why do you think the underclass blacks vote Democrat? It is not because they give a crap about the future of the nation as a whole, they're in it for themselves and what ever they can get free.
So why do middle & upper class Blacks vote Democrat?

Old 06-22-2012, 02:39 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Come on. Democrats arent helping the minority community. Democrats need people to view themselves as victims and they take of advantage of minorities in this regard. Program after program aimed at keeping many on the Government dime.
You are correct. Democrats have forced minority communities to be dependant on the government and left with no choice but to vote for the money train to keep coming their way. No hand up just a hand out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies