Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 10:41 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times

Advertisements

You're totally clueless. No one said Obama is mandating this. Though we've expressed in a joking manner that we wouldn't be surprised if he made this mandatory. We're just surprised he's this desparate as to ask folks to donate to him instead of giving wedding gifts to the couple. Perhaps he could ask Hillary how much he should charge for renting out rooms in the White House. Perhaps he could have his draughts sell lemonaide at $100 a cup. Perhaps Michelle could push for a monthly tax for people who are overweight, say the tax amount is a set amount per every pound over weight? They could install a GPS tracking device on every vehicle and issue fines each time the person exceeds the posted speed limit or drives in a non-green manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"Slink" ????

What?

Anyway, it's fun to see the Repugnants so worked up....the poor dears think it's a law!

They are such sheep they think if it's on a registry a person HAS to do it.

No, for the Anti-Choice crowd, there IS a choice...

Maybe you want bigger government to make a law prohibiting people from putting whatever they want on their registry??? That's all this is.

But I'm glad you're going with a guy, Romney, who doesn't think much of himself, I agree with that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 10:47 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
"all high school and college graduates please donate any cash gifts you received to help Obama".
"having a baby shower? Please give to Obama instead of the baby."
"have any extra vacation time available? Cash them in and donate to Obama."

Old 06-23-2012, 11:04 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Fifth page and only one cheerleader has responded. And he got it completely wrong, as usual.

Awesome.

Not even the die-hard cheerleaders want any part of defending this. Even they know that it's an absolutely disgraceful thing to do. Maybe now they'll start to recognize the disgrace in so many of the other things he does, too. I realize it's more subtle than in this case, and that the cheerleaders live in a black and white world (in more ways than one), but we might just see a few light bulbs go on over a few people's heads because of this. Way to go, Obama!

Old 06-23-2012, 11:06 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Can't wait to see all of the SNL and Daily Show skits on this.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
If this were a joke, it would be funny, but since it is for real. Is their no limit that Obama and his desperation will go to.

This is not only pathetic, and disgusting, but tells me, he thinks he really needs the votes.

I have no respect for him at all, I had very little, at this time, i have none at all.

Just maybe because of his economy! hint hint, the wedding guests cannot afford to donate? Nor would they want too. If they have any sense.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:30 PM

276 posts, read 236,264 times
How about a reality show, White House Pawn? Barry and 'Shelle can have guests bring in their valued items and in return receive a photo with the First Merchants!

Old 06-23-2012, 01:07 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Can't wait to see all of the SNL and Daily Show skits on this.
If you see or hear of any, please let me know. My tv sets are overrun by kids and the hubby. I could use some comedy.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:09 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,080,222 times
Note to anyone attending a wedding reception in the next 4 months. Instead of writing a check for the couple to help defray the costs of the shindig, write a check to Obama. I'm sure the newlyweds will understand and accept not getting a gift from you.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:18 PM

37,974 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
LOL

This guy is in real trouble, and continues to drag down the office of the president.

First he was hawking 0bama "I bark for 0bama" frig magnets, doggie 0bama 2012 bandanas, and t-shirts with abbreviated f-bomb phrases on them, then he prostituted himself with dinner with Barack raffles, and now this.

Get your cheap trailer trash 0bama items here 0bama-Store
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies