Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 11:24 PM

858 posts, read 707,230 times

Advertisements

That's my point though. I think he may have some good ideas but I just am not hearing the details. I voted for Obama but I consider myself independent in that I will vote for either party if I think they are right. Romney is not giving me anything that I can take and compare to the other guy. I really feel like he's tying my hands and is eliminating himself from contention for my vote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 11:26 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,284,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
That's my point though. I think he may have some good ideas but I just am not hearing the details. I voted for Obama but I consider myself independent in that I will vote for either party if I think they are right. Romney is not giving me anything that I can take and compare to the other guy. I really feel like he's tying my hands and is eliminating himself from contention for my vote
Romney is candidate etch a sketch. He can be whatever you want him to be.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:14 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,009,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Other than more tax cuts for the rich people that he is beholden to for their exorbitant campaign contributions...a loud and emphatic NO!
I suppose that President Obama is getting thousands of dollars per plate from rich people, and is not beholden to them?
I'm not saying that Romney isn't, but don't pretend that the president isn't as well.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:17 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,465,069 times
Romney is a CANDIDATE ...he has Idaes, and plans, but they are vague since he is on the outside

Obama is the SITTING PRESIDENT...where are his concrete plans...he is THE INSIDER...3.5 years of hope, and nothing is hopeful

Old 06-23-2012, 12:24 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,256,945 times
Quote:
I hear a lot of generic proposals by Romney with no concrete plans or proposals. I know WHY he is purposely vague but how come people let him get away with it? Am I the only one who looks for specifics from candidates? Look at this recent immigration issue. Romney at first declined to say whether he supported Obama's plan or not and then came out later and said he doesn't and would institute his own plan. Well...that plan is...???? That was it. Nothing. just vague phrases and generalities. I look for specifics...what is your plan, how is it paid for, why is it better than the other guy's plan etc. I think this is something Obama did very well against Mccain in 2008 which I appreciated. He used facts, figures, numbers to explain his stance. Mccain resorted to the same generic phrases without explaining how he would do it.

Another one I hear...secure the border. Great. how will you do that? hire more cops? build a fence? where is that budget coming from? how much will you budget for it? what is being cut so funds can be moved to border security?

Even if you agree with a candidate in principle, when they decline to get specific, how does anyone take them seriously. I look at them akin to charlatan peddling magic elixirs and not expecting us to know it's only water.
Specifics arent necessary with Romney as if elected he will have just one mandate,Financially rape whats left of America and send all profits to the uber rich.For those that may want to vote for this turkey just as a vote against Obama?bad move! it would be in your best interest to bite the bullet on this one and wait till the Republican party comes up with a more competent/credible candidate in 2016.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:29 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,465,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Specifics arent necessary with Romney as if elected he will have just one mandate,Financially rape whats left of America and send all profits to the uber rich.For those that may want to vote for this turkey just as a vote against Obama?bad move! it would be in your best interest to bite the bullet on this one and wait till the Republican party comes up with a more competent/credible candidate in 2016.
the only raping has been done by the fascist liberals

liberal policies kill the middleclass

libberal policies want 2 classes..the poor serfs, scraping by on the crumbs of welfare.....and their liberal elite masters

Old 06-23-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the only raping has been done by the fascist liberals

liberal policies kill the middleclass

libberal policies want 2 classes..the poor serfs, scraping by on the crumbs of welfare.....and their liberal elite masters
Dont stop there,let it all out,you'll feel better..

Old 06-23-2012, 02:04 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,154,905 times
One thing Romney has done is to prove he does not require a teleprompter to comunicate intelligently ....

Old 06-23-2012, 04:06 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,824,304 times
Quote:
I hear a lot of generic proposals by Romney with no concrete plans or proposals. I know WHY he is purposely vague but how come people let him get away with it? Am I the only one who looks for specifics from candidates? Look at this recent immigration issue. Romney at first declined to say whether he supported Obama's plan or not and then came out later and said he doesn't and would institute his own plan. Well...that plan is...???? That was it. Nothing. just vague phrases and generalities. I look for specifics...what is your plan, how is it paid for, why is it better than the other guy's plan etc. I think this is something Obama did very well against Mccain in 2008 which I appreciated. He used facts, figures, numbers to explain his stance. Mccain resorted to the same generic phrases without explaining how he would do it.

Another one I hear...secure the border. Great. how will you do that? hire more cops? build a fence? where is that budget coming from? how much will you budget for it? what is being cut so funds can be moved to border security?

Even if you agree with a candidate in principle, when they decline to get specific, how does anyone take them seriously. I look at them akin to charlatan peddling magic elixirs and not expecting us to know it's only water.
You know.. you're right.. Here's his 100 day plan, straight from his web site.

During President Romney’s first 100 days, he will stand up to China and repeal regulations that are costing us jobs.

That's what he's gonna do for more than 25 percent of the year. Stand up to China. And deregulate stuff. Wow. Deregulation caused our economy to collapse. He proposes to deregulate the stuff that was regulated to stop another collapse.

Genius. Pure, unadulterated genius.
First 100 Days: Ohio | Mitt Romney for President

Old 06-23-2012, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noihoforus View Post
One thing Romney has done is to prove he does not require a teleprompter to comunicate intelligently ....
Where exactly do they put the teleprompters when Obama makes a speech? as they arent evident in the speeches i see,also i couldnt imagine memorizing a half hour or more speech without some form of crib notes or teleprompter unless the content of the speech was so lacking/vacuous in content there wasnt much to need a teleprompter for.And whats wrong with using a teleprompter anyway? as its a useful tool for many speakers to use in various situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies