Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 12:20 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Who are "these animals"?
Men?
Ah, you wanted to make it about race.

I should have figured.
Don't you love when they create fake usernames. What are they ashamed of? Shouldn't they embrace their racism if they are so dang confident in truth of their beliefs?

Morons!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 12:25 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I sometimes get frustrated while driving, but man, I just don't get this kind of road-rage:

"Enraged by Mr DelValle's unsuccessful pass of his illegally parked Chrysler Sebring, accused owner Joey Scott, 30, confronted him behind the bus according to Carolyn Daly, a spokeswoman for the school bus company speaking to the New York Post. "Are you going to leave after hitting my car?"' he allegedly asked Mr Delvalle according to a witness speaking to the Post.

That witness said the bus driver wanted to call police but the car's owner punched him first instead.
The attack caught on CC-TV shows the two standing behind the school bus right before Mr DelValle is sharply knocked to the ground."

Read more: School bus driver Juan DelValle, 65, beaten to death after accidentally knocking off mirror on double-parked car | Mail Online

Poor guy was about to retire. Meanwhile two children watched what happened from the bus.
That piece of crap. Why would anyone beat an old man for hitting a parked car? Just get a police report and exchange insurance information...

Old 06-24-2012, 12:41 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Who are "these animals"?
Men?
Ah, you wanted to make it about race.

I should have figured.
It doesn't bother me a bit if someone calls a scumbag who beats a person to death something less than complimentary.

As far as the race thing, I have no idea what races were involved so you'll have to run with that one.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:54 PM

10 posts, read 8,502 times
Originally Posted by LGNDLIVS
NO! The passerby would not have been "right" to shoot anyone! When you carry a concealed firearm you have the responsibility of knowing the situation from point "A" before you act! If you walk up and see a man pointing a gun at someone and didn't see what transpired previously, you have to assess the situation before you ever consider pulling your weapon out! Sometimes situations ARE black and white! If a person carrying a concealed weapon had witnessed the whole thing in your scenario then he/she could reasonably assume that the man being held at gunpoint was the initiant in the confrontation.
My scenario explicitly said that a passer-by would come upon the situation without knowing what proceeded the bus driver holding the other man at gun point.

I'm glad I could answer your question!

Quote:
How many stories do we hear about like the one you pondered above, where a concealed carrier walks up on a situation already in progress that they weren't originally involved in and shoots anyone?

The reason that this doesn't happen very often is that because in most major cities concealed weapons are either illegal or very rarely allowed.

Crime only happens in major cities where concealed carry isn't allowed? I think there's probably more to it than that! I don't know that there's been a study done on this subject, but I would bet that it has something to do with the fact that the vast majority of CCW holders are responsible intelligent people.

Quote:
Some might think it's pretty common considering the # of licensed concealed carriers in this country.
Let alone all the otherwise law abiding citizens who carry without a permit. One might think there would be stories like that in the news every week, and you KNOW they would make the news! I can't say it hasn't happened but the fact is, I can't recall ever hearing a story like that! I will tell you that there are over 4000 that's FOUR THOUSAND stories that occur EVERYDAY that don't make the national news! It's the over 4000 times everyday that someone in the U.S. uses a firearm to prevent crime or bodily injury without ever firing a shot! We never hear those stories!

For some crazy reason a child shooting himself because of an unsecured gun takes precedence over the stories you describe.

Kind of went off on a tangent there didn't you? The stories I described had nothing to do with "unsecured guns" or "children"! Anyone who leaves a firearm unsecured or where a child can get his or her hands on it should be prosecuted to the full extent!

Quote:
I love how people whom don't like guns make everyone that wishes to exercise their 2nd Amendment Right protect themselves and their loved ones a "gun nut" I carry a concealed weapon everyday, it's like American Express, I never leave home without it! If I am a "gun nut" by your definition, I wear that badge proudly!

I don't like guns, but I also don't hate guns. I don't have anything against people lawfully owning guns. But when people describe wearing a gun everyday as their "favorite accessory" or like "American Express," I certainly see that as failure to have respect for a gun and the potential ending of a life that could come from its use.

Well, I don't see my gun as a "fashion accessory"! Very few people even know that I carry. Most of my friends don't even know! The "American Express" thing was just an expression. I have the utmost respect for firearms! Just because I used an expression to make a point in no way indicates otherwise! I do carry everyday, every time I walk out the door and each day I hope I will NEVER HAVE to use it! If I ever have to take a life it will only be because I am in fear of losing my own or that of a loved one and then, so be it! I will have to live with that, key word being "live".

Old 06-24-2012, 01:31 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Oh ll, it was a decent thread for a few posts.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:22 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Default It helps to actually read the linked articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
And another "career criminal" on the loose?
No, he was arrested.

Quote:
Scott, who had a previously long rap sheet, is being held on a $250,000 cash bond with a court date set for Monday, reports the Post.

He faces charges that could potentially be upgraded to murder.
School bus driver Juan DelValle, 65, beaten to death after accidentally knocking off mirror on double-parked car | Mail Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
so sad...............
People have no respect for human life anymore. How difficult can it be to either call the police or take a photo and report it to your insurance company. To kill someone for knocking off a mirror when you were overparked is simply insane!

Old 06-24-2012, 05:29 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
It is a sign of the times. Very sad, but a sign of the times.

Can you imagine what this country will be like if there is an economic collapse?

Old 06-24-2012, 05:32 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallydude02 View Post
Geez..What's up with New York lately? First it was the bullying incident in the Rochester area and now this road rage death in New York City......
The way Chicago's been lately I thought that's where it occurred before I read the article.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:00 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
That piece of crap. Why would anyone beat an old man for hitting a parked car? Just get a police report and exchange insurance information...
That is what normal people would do.

What a sad story for the bus driver, his family and those poor kids that saw it.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
It is a sign of the times. Very sad, but a sign of the times.

Can you imagine what this country will be like if there is an economic collapse?
When it happens we will indeed find out. This is exactly why the government has expanded food stamps, healthcare, cell phones, cable TV, etc... for welfare recipients. Keep the people placated so they are not out on the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies