Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2012, 10:45 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post

By the way, are you this passionate and emotional when people send emails of watermelons on the Whitehouse lawn and photoshop pictures of the first family and replace their faces with monkeys? How about when people in this forum speak about blacks in such a negative manner? You somehow seem to think you are being objective. If that is the case, I take it I'll see you in another thread telling some of the racists on this site about themselves and how they are keeping us from moving forward as a nation and throwing salt on our wounds instead of letting them heal.
I'm certainly not accountable to you, but to answer your question yes, I do speak out against that sort of thing. It's rather sad that you mistake objectiveness (albeit as close to objective as one can be on C-D) with racism, merely because I don't mirror your own opinions. I just tend to find the most inflammatory threads involve generalizing white people. Do I speak out against every white racist moron that messes with Obama's face in photoshop? No. Do you speak out against every black criminal that stabs a pizza delivery driver 50 times?

Your opinion that racism will die if white people disappear is....interesting to say the least. I think you're completely misinterpreting the age of exploration and European empire. They may have mentioned racial superiority or religion to try to excuse their actions, but those actions were fueled by human nature and greed-as are actions of nonwhites. I've actually been outside this island we live in, and have witnessed human nature and self-grouping in many countries.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:45 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,942 times
Obsessing on this stuff is counterproductive.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:46 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
You're very observant.
I wish you were as observant.

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trialbyfire View Post
Let me ask you this, would you rather be born in Nigeria than in the US? Appreciate what you have.
I do appreciate the hard work of my ancestors who helped build this nation. I am deeply proud of the sacrifice they made to make America great.

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
Please point out who here is deny the existence of racism or European atrocities? Leave that poor straw man alone-he didn't do anything to you! No one here has denied that some whites caused harm in the past.

I'm afraid the thing you are lacking is indeed...facts.
And some poeple refuse to acknowledge it and would rather discuss Genghis Khan as if this takes away from what Europeans did or has any effect on present race relations. No has said that all whites are evil. We are talking about race in the present and future. European colonialism has an effect on race relations, present and future. Genghis Khan and the Mongolian Empire do not. You contine to be defensive and emotional. What facts am I lacking in? Disagreeing with your opinion is not the same as lacking in facts.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Who mistreated these Irish Americans? Black people? Or other white people? Your argument actually makes my point. I never said that the white man's evildoing was restricted to the black race (Ask any Holocaust survivor).

Old 06-23-2012, 10:50 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
That point of view he has is mind-boggling. He stated earlier that he's part white, so he must be so filled with self-hatred and guilt
I am a she and no I am not filled with white guilt or self hatred. You are still having some comprehension problems, I see. How many times have I said that I have no issue with white people. I have an issue with racism? Your mind gets boggled by people who don't think exactly like you? Can't help you with that one.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
You sound just like the black liberatioin theology that Reverend Wright preaches, that the white men are evil and are the devil.. is that what you believe?
Nope...especially not David Beckham. He's the very opposite of evil.

Again, history is what it is. I'm sorry it makes you so uncomfortable. If it makes you feel any better, I could have also done without the raping and destruction of blacks in America also.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
I wish you were as observant.
If that post is your measuring stick, I'm doing okay.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:55 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I am a she and no I am not filled with white guilt or self hatred. You are still having some comprehension problems, I see. How many times have I said that I have no issue with white people. I have an issue with racism? Your mind gets boggled by people who don't think exactly like you? Can't help you with that one.
No, I believe it's you that are missing all but the most blatant points. You say you don't have an issue with white people on one hand, but on the other you say that racism is a white problem. Therefore, since you do have an issue with racism, you have an issue with white people. Don't worry, there are probably white guilt meetup groups if you want to get more involved with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies