Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 04:56 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Well if I named one that was different then you named we would both still be right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 05:09 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well if I named one that was different then you named we would both still be right.
You made the allegation and you`ve now had 3 strikes. You`re out!

Old 06-24-2012, 06:59 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Here, I will answer for him.

25 Years Later, Jailed Mafia Boss Allegedly Still Runs Cement Workers Union

Jerry Capeci: 25 Years Later, Jailed Mafia Boss Allegedly Still Runs Cement Workers Union

Feel better now?

Old 06-24-2012, 08:05 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Here, I will answer for him.

25 Years Later, Jailed Mafia Boss Allegedly Still Runs Cement Workers Union

Jerry Capeci: 25 Years Later, Jailed Mafia Boss Allegedly Still Runs Cement Workers Union

Feel better now?
OK.There`s one (1) "alleged" mafia boss that might be involved with one (1) union.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:15 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post

Come one now, he is not 3 strikes out. Anyone who knows anything about Unions, knows about Mafia controlling them. I being Italian heard about this my whole life. Mafia and Unions go hand and hand. Name one you will be right.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:18 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Come one now, he is not 3 strikes out. Anyone who knows anything about Unions, knows about Mafia controlling them. I being Italian heard about this my whole life. Mafia and Unions go hand and hand. Name one you will be right.

Dock workers, trash , construction , fish markets. Should I go on?

Old 06-24-2012, 08:32 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Default name just one!......hundred

How much time do you have?
Internet articles too numerous to count/tntc, listing mob influence on specific unions from way back when through today....this is not even scratching the surface.

Please consider this evidence when speaking of the sanctitiy of the sacred unions. like a Colombian drug lord, you might build a hospital in a remote town or send a peasants child for a life saving operation to the US, but is that drug lord a saint or a demon. The Dems get their money from conscripted union dues and would be a shell of themselves without it. that is why WI had been turned into a battleground.

"Let me count he ways".........

some quick examples of union/ mob influence:

2008 - "In yet another tale of mob influence in modern day unions, Federal prosecutors in New York City have taken control of the heavy-equipment operators local #14 because so many of its officers and operatives have been brought up or convicted on charges of mob influence."
2004 -
"One of Chicago's most powerful labor unions, once run by the son-in-law of a top mobster, "continues to be infiltrated by organized crime," a union hearing officer ruled this week in a move that could lead to a purge of the leadership."
1978 report to the white house -
[SIZE=4]"ORGANIZED CRIME AND THE LABOR UNIONS
[/SIZE]
This is a preliminary report on the organized crime influence in the labor unions today in the United States. The picture that it presents is thoroughly frightening. At least four international unions are completely dominated by men who either have strong ties to or are members of the organized crime syndicate. A majority of the locals in most major cities of the United States in the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT), Hotel and Restaurant Employees Union (HRE), Laborers International Union of North America (Laborers), and International Longshoreman's Association (ILA) unions are completely dominated by organized crime. The officials of these unions are firmly entrenched; there is little hope of removing them by a free election process. Convictions for misconduct have been sparse and when one corrupt official is removed another soon takes his place. The result has been a complete domination of certain industries by hoodlums. Management personnel in the companies who must deal with these hoodlums have despaired of getting help from law enforcement authorities. They pay the price of labor peace so that they may survive. The cost is passed on to the consumer."

2010 -
"Thе mafia hаѕ long held a grasp οn thе Nеw York city’s construction unions over thе years. Thе Fed’s ѕау thаt thіѕ still hаѕ nοt changed even wіth efforts οf law enforcement tο weed out thеіr influence. Tο prove thаt thе mafia still holds control over thіѕ area οf thе city thе Fed’s рυt together a case against nine οf thе cities contracting bigwigs including Michael Forde thе District Council οf Carpenters аnd tο date eight οf thе nine hаνе pleaded guilty аnd faced judgement. Thе last οf thе nine whο hаѕ nοt уеt gone tο trial οr gotten a plea іѕ Joseph “Rudy” Olivieri."

Old 06-24-2012, 10:27 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,236 times
None of this should surprise anybody; this 'relationship' has been in place for several decades.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:28 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Exactly! They are no longer being forced to pay for something they feel is not in their best interests and instead have put the money in their pocket.
Then I assume unions want more than 1 or 2% from a worker paychecks.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:20 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Unions need to go the way of the dinosaur.

And it can't happen fast enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies