Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 01:30 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,968,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Your thoughts about homosexuality and global warming are astoundingly ignorant but I agree with your original post. This idiot woman is being rewarded for being incompetent at her job. Her only job is to sit on a bus and discipline kids for a 15 minute shift! When my boss gives me work I don't want to do, should I record me crying to get sympathy? You somehow have come into agreement with the left who dislikes this woman while the right defends her.

Are you talking about the school bus monitor? Who on the left dislikes her? I didn't realize that people had taken sides on the way that bus monitor was treated based on their political ideologies. I was upset about the way she was treated and I don't know her to like or dislike her but I am definitely on the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 01:43 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,870,994 times
Teachers are not getting bullied, kids still are. Despite all the awareness about bullying the epidemic of bullying will never stop ntil we crack down hard. Bullies need to be physically punished (including torture) and humiliated in front of their classmates. Their bullying spirit needs to be broken through brute force.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:47 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,169,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Teachers are not getting bullied, kids still are. Despite all the awareness about bullying the epidemic of bullying will never stop ntil we crack down hard. Bullies need to be physically punished (including torture) and humiliated in front of their classmates. Their bullying spirit needs to be broken through brute force.
Torture? LOL

What do you suggest waterboarding or the pliars?

Old 08-05-2012, 03:42 AM

130 posts, read 367,553 times
Teachers arnt getting bullied? You must be a young person to say that.

I have been threatened physically several times. When asked what I will do, I always say that I will defend myself. When they ask if I will hit back, I repeat what I just said.
'
The only things that I really flip out about are my house and my car. If I catch you near my house im going to strike first and ask questions later, same with my car. I say that because a student threatened to slash the tires on my car and I inherited and paid it off when my mom died. I told them that if i caught anyone near my car I would handle it my way and when I was done, I would call the police. Nowadays, these kids need to learn that you just don't mess with some people.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:10 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,831,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Go on..shrug it off. These kids will turn into adults and what they do today at 10 will be way worse when they are 21.
Oh come on. Don't you know it's just a phase they are going through? They'll grow out of it. Just ask their mothers. You know, the mothers that tell their kids "no" when they want something and the kid tells the mother they better buy it for them or they will call the police and tell them that mommy hit them (exercising his "rights").

Old 08-05-2012, 05:15 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,831,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Well you know that none of that is possible. But I'm thinking of getting a group of kids together and calling them "Beat the Bully". Teachers and parents can put a contract out on the bully. How does that sound?

Old 08-05-2012, 05:51 AM

37,963 posts, read 18,104,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
This is just the new frontier but I'm confused by the OP's attitude towards it all. What we need, what we have needed for a long time now, is an agreed upon code of conduct from students. Once broken, whether on school grounds or outside, the student should face consequences including expulsion.
Once the student leaves the school grounds the schools have no say so. The government is not needed to run kids lives. That's the job of the parents.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:19 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,777,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Once the student leaves the school grounds the schools have no say so. The government is not needed to run kids lives. That's the job of the parents.
What parents? Most kids don't even know where their parents are? The breakdown of the family unit is the start of these problems we're seeing with kids these days.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:22 AM

10,448 posts, read 12,546,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
It's the other way around in my kids school. Teachers are a bunch of bullies lording it over kids because they can't interact with adults.......
This was my elementary school experience. The teachers were so mean to us sometimes, and I'm not just talking about trying to maintain classroom conduct, but actually going out of their way to pick on students. For example, I remember when a teacher of mine took a paper I had worked hard on, criticized it for about 15 minutes, then tore it to shreds in front of the whole class. It really shocks me to hear that kids are bullying teachers nowadays.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:24 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,269,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Complete insanity is running wild in our schools thanks to unions and government indoctrination from the homosexual agenda to global warming to this entire bullying nonsense and folks wonder why our kids can't graduate. Now we got teachers crying about being bullied. It's ridiculous anymore.
Oh good lord--take a look in the mirror. Kids are badly behaved because parents don't hold them accountable at home, so why would they think they have to behave in school? If my kids misbehave at school, they're in big trouble at home as well. One or two episodes of parking your backside in your room for a week with no TV, cell phone or computer, and ton of extra chores is an amazing attitude adjustor. Schools are there to teach your children, and not to act as glorified baby sitters and surrogate parents because mom and dad won't do their job. When you have parents who think teachers are "boo hooing and whining" when they complain about poorly parented, badly behaved, disrespectful kids, it just reinforces my point. To blame badly behaved kids on "teachers unions, government indoctrination from the homosexual agenda and global warming" isn't just laughable--it makes me wonder about your mental health. This thread is the strongest evidence I've seen in a long while to justify why some people, especially some people on this board, should never be allowed to reproduce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies