Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you suffer from White Guilt?
Yes 16 5.65%
No 267 94.35%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 02:55 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofDixie View Post
No one wants you to apologize. It's just odd that you don't seem to think that post is vile, disgusting, and full of hate.

Yeah, I agree, no apologies needed from either side...... no one around here can be held directly responsible for the ugliness of the past.

I too, just find it odd how she seems so indifferent to that vile awful post..... scary actually..

Old 07-06-2012, 02:57 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
Didn't say that you had to apologize. If you read my post carefully, you will see that I apologized in the beginning, and at the end, stated that black people do not agree with what he has posted. I did not offer an apology up for other black people, just myself. The reason I apologized for him is because he is my peer and by stating things like that, in a way that is supposed to represent other black people, I am ashamed and embarrassed. Calling for the extermination of white America? Absolutely despicable.

You are not with him nor against him. That is fine. But I will bet that most black people see what he posted as a bunch of tinfoil-hat nonsense. We will see in the coming days. Maybe I am wrong.
I'm sure anyone would see that post and think it is a bunch of tinfoil-hat nonsense.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:58 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,992 times
Quote:
Didn't say that you had to apologize. If you read my post carefully, you will see that I apologized in the beginning, and at the end, stated that black people do not agree with what he has posted. I did not offer an apology up for other black people, just myself. The reason I apologized for him is because he is my peer and by stating things like that, in a way that is supposed to represent other black people, I am ashamed and embarrassed. Calling for the extermination of white America? Absolutely despicable.

You are not with him nor against him. That is fine. But I will bet that most black people see what he posted as a bunch of tinfoil-hat nonsense. We will see in the coming days. Maybe I am wrong.
He isn't even American. So how is he representative of other Black Americans? I hope people aren't that gullible to draw conclusions in such a way, as on a hate-filled forum where everyone places the blame on everyone else.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:00 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I have no problems with JaySwelly, but not once did one white person apologize for the pain inflicted on African Americans in the past because they weren't responsible. He isn't responsible for what UKBLACKGUY says.

I don't understand why he felt the need to apologize for comments that were made over a forum on behalf of every black person. Where anyone (crazy or not) has a chance to make their voice heard.

No, I don't agree.

It sounds like you want to be a black "family" only when suitable.

You're also leaving out the time frame of hundreds of years ago vs. seconds ago. And you're also blowing this "apology" way out of the water. He wasn't making a big deal about the apology, just having manners, but god forbid if someone had any sort of manners towards a white person.

You don't like white people at all, JaySwelly apologized because he wants to just show that not all black people hate white people. And by doing that, I think he made it obvious that not all white people hate black people, which is why i commended him on his class. You on the other hand seem to just hate and think we all hate you.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
It sounds like you want to be a black "family" only when suitable.

You're also leaving out the time frame of hundreds of years ago vs. seconds ago. And you're also blowing this "apology" way out of the water. He wasn't making a big deal about the apology, just having manners, but god forbid if someone had any sort of manners towards a white person.

You don't like white people at all, JaySwelly apologized because he wants to just show that not all black people hate white people. And by doing that, I think he made it obvious that not all white people hate black people, which is why i commended him on his class. You on the other hand seem to just hate and think we all hate you.
I wouldn't say hate but I am sure there is some type of superiority complex that was discussed many, many pages ago.

I don't hate anyone. And no, I don't need anyone in my family but the people who directly support me.

I'm blowing the apology out of the water but here you are still discussing it pages later. Seriously? And where do I say I don't like white people?

Old 07-06-2012, 03:04 PM

202 posts, read 350,516 times
Quote:
He isn't even American. So how is he representative of other Black Americans? I hope people aren't that gullible to draw conclusions in such a way, as on a hate-filled forum where everyone places the blame on everyone else.
Jay never said "black American" one single time in the post that you quoted.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:06 PM

798 posts, read 1,034,432 times
I guess the difference between me apologizing and white people apologizing is time. UKBLACKGUY is my peer. Unless he is some time travelling person (uh oh, conspiracies), then he and I are on equal terms. Also, I personally felt ashamed and embarrassed when said those things. I feel the same way when I hear an American hope for the death of Middle-Easterners, and I apologize to them as well. I guess its kinda like the person who feels ashamed for what their friend or sibling or classmate did, even if they did nothing themselves.

With whites who were not alive at the time of the committed atrocities, I would not expect them to feel sorry. The acts were not committed by their peers but ancestors who had a different set of values than what we have today.

I do not expect any one to apologize with me. But I don't expect any one to back up what he said - which is not what nj21 did. I agree that there is some truth to what UKBLACKGUY said in certain places, but a lot of that truth was stretched way beyond normal exaggeration. Again, there is very little accuracy in the "truths" that he said.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofDixie View Post
Jay never said "black American" one single time in the post that you quoted.
That's why UKBLACKGUY's opinion is a misrepresentation.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I guess the difference between me apologizing and white people apologizing is time. UKBLACKGUY is my peer. Unless he is some time travelling person (uh oh, conspiracies), then he and I are on equal terms. Also, I personally felt ashamed and embarrassed when said those things. I feel the same way when I hear an American hope for the death of Middle-Easterners, and I apologize to them as well. I guess its kinda like the person who feels ashamed for what their friend or sibling or classmate did, even if they did nothing themselves.

With whites who were not alive at the time of the committed atrocities, I would not expect them to feel sorry. The acts were not committed by their peers but ancestors who had a different set of values than what we have today.

I do not expect any one to apologize with me. But I don't expect any one to back up what he said - which is not what nj21 did. I agree that there is some truth to what UKBLACKGUY said in certain places, but a lot of that truth was stretched way beyond normal exaggeration. Again, there is very little accuracy in the "truths" that he said.
Yes. ALL I said was that I agreed with some things. Then I personally join the ranks of your peer and want to exterminate the white race.

I agreed on both sides - positives/negatives about both races.

EDIT - Next time I will specify what I agree with so I won't get crucified, and I won't be so nonchalant about what I don't agree with.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:08 PM

202 posts, read 350,516 times
Quote:
That's why UKBLACKGUY's opinion is a misrepresentation.
Misrepresentation would be an understatement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies