Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 09:47 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It seems pretty obvious that the people of Arizona care nothing about education when they elected a person without even a bachelor's degree to the highest political office of the State.

Jan Brewer went to a community college and did not even get a degree from there. Arizona seems to be the State for Anti-intellectualism. I am not saying that having a degree makes a person more intelligent, but it certainly shows that they have acquired a little bit of knowledge. Based on Brewer's actions, it is obvious as to why she could not even get a degree from community college.

Her selection says a lot about the people of Arizona.
I was in Arizona last month (Tucson) and had some good long conversations over a few drinks. It wouldn't surprise me if this long-time solid red state trends towards purple. I got a sense that a lot of Arizonans think the GOP has gone too far.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:48 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
How can you become POTUS without ever having leadership experience?

Now, I know that obama's the most intelligent human that ever walked the planet, but he's a major failure.
Racist

Old 06-26-2012, 09:48 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
It is possible to get a degree and still be a moron. I have met more than a few educated morons. Education can be a very great thing if you apply it correctly, but don't confuse it with intelligence. Did someone already say this is a baiting troll thread? They're right.
Dont be so hard on the OP, he just wanted us to point out again that Obama had no qualifications to become President.. He's using that reverse psychology again..

Old 06-26-2012, 09:49 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Lol, hotair is tripping all over himself right now, contradicting himself. On the one hand, he thinks having a BA or BS is essential to be governor. On the other, he agrees that a BA or BS doesn't necessarily make one intelligent. Why do libbies trip all over themselves? Why do libbies always argue with appeals to authority? Why is the OP against democracy? Isn't the left always going on about giving the vote even to people that can't read? You know, the whole one man, one vote, disenfranchised voters they always go on about? Oh, right, I forgot. It's no problem if that person, running or voting, goes D.
Tripping. Just because you can't follow does not mean I have tripped. I will slow down a little and let you catch up. My assertion was , if you have read the thread, having a degree at least shows that you were intelligent enough to get into a school, had the drive to finish, and acquired enough knowledge to graduate. We don't know any of things about Brewer. With so many people that are available that we can say this about, why pick Brewer? It is more a condemnation of the state of affairs of Arizona than of Brewer, she can't help that she is not very intelligent.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:49 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,850,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
A college degree does NOT necessarily make one more educated.
... or smarter, but then everyone knows that. Ask Bill Gates or, better, check out this site The College Dropouts Hall of Fame

In today's world "info" comes easy, as does access to "experts" in any field or discipline. A smart analyst and decision maker will exploit these along with common sense and a vision.

... but then most also know this thread leads to specious and spurious assertions and is a waste of time .

Old 06-26-2012, 09:51 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
My medical education and residency prepared me to practice medicine. I would offer that my undergrad degree did nothing to prepare me for med school, as there was no math or physics in med school. The chemistry and bio helped a little, but not much.

In contrast, perhaps a political science degree MIGHT help in being governor, but probably not much. Would a law degree help? Probably, as one is dealing mostly with state law, however, it would not help in judgement.

I see nothing wrong with people who have no degrees in government. In fact, I would like to see more electricians, construction workers, accountants, physicians, ect, as all we have now is a bunch of lawyers in government. We have seen what a bunch of lawyers can do (not much), so perhaps it is time to elect representatives from other walks of life.
This reminds me of the commercial in which fire fighters were running Congress.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:52 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,716 times
Quote:
It seems pretty obvious that the people of Arizona care nothing about education when they elected a person without even a bachelor's degree to the highest political office of the State.

Jan Brewer went to a community college and did not even get a degree from there. Arizona seems to be the State for Anti-intellectualism. I am not saying that having a degree makes a person more intelligent, but it certainly shows that they have acquired a little bit of knowledge. Based on Brewer's actions, it is obvious as to why she could not even get a degree from community college.

And I thought Alabama was bad

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Tripping. Just because you can't follow does not mean I have tripped. I will slow down a little and let you catch up. My assertion was , if you have read the thread, having a degree at least shows that you were intelligent enough to get into a school, had the drive to finish, and acquired enough knowledge to graduate.
Dell, Gates, Ford, Rockefeller had no degree.. Good thing they didnt let something as stupid as not having a degree hold them back, wouldnt you agree?
Quote:
We don't know any of things about Brewer. With so many people that are available that we can say this about, why pick Brewer? It is more a condemnation of the state of affairs of Arizona than of Brewer
Its not for me to judge why Arizona picked her, but as another poster pointed out she did successfuly run a smaller town..

What did Obama run again?
Quote:
she can't help that she is not very intelligent.
oooh I get it, this was just another one of your hate threads.. Got it...

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I was in Arizona last month (Tucson) and had some good long conversations over a few drinks. It wouldn't surprise me if this long-time solid red state trends towards purple. I got a sense that a lot of Arizonans think the GOP has gone too far.
I am not that familiar with Arizona politics; however, I believe the Tucson area is a lot more moderate. They tend to be more EDUCATED than other parts of Arizona.

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:

The social bigots are on the warpath again. Obama went to Harvard and Columbia universities, and look what a mess he has made of things. Simply going to college and earning a degree does not make a person a good state executive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies