Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 09:39 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
... If peace, love, and rock & roll is at the top of your list you have problems ...
Aside from your sense of humor being top-shelf (as in an old shoe-box on the top shelf of your closet) -- yeah, actually, I can't think of anything better than peace and love ... rock 'n roll is pretty cool too.

By the way, I notice you didn't answer "the question": what have conservatives done for the good of the state or nation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 09:42 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Aside from your sense of humor being top-shelf (as in an old shoe-box on the top shelf of your closet) -- yeah, actually, I can't think of anything better than peace and love ... rock 'n roll is pretty cool too.

By the way, I notice you didn't answer "the question": what have conservatives done for the good of the state or nation?
I did answer the question. This state has never been conservative, ever. Whatever the condition of Cali is entirely the doing of liberals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I was thinking the same thing about people who put Jesus at the top of their list.
Let's see... sex and drugs is great, Jesus not so much. No wonder we are the Titanic of the states.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
I did answer the question. This state has never been conservative, ever. Whatever the condition of Cali is entirely the doing of liberals.
So, then you admit that conservatives have never done anything good for California, right? And the fact that California has evolved to be the most populous state, with the highest GDP of all states, the biggest contributor to the national GDP, the 8th largest economy in the entire world, the vegetable and fruit basket for the entire nation, the home of more venture capital money than anyplace in the world, the home of more top tier institutions of higher learning than anywhere else, has more protected wilderness than any of the lower 48 contiguous states, -- I can go on -- is the fault of liberals then. Tsk! Dang liberals!

Ok, got that ... now what about the nation?

Quote:
Let's see... sex and drugs is great, Jesus not so much. No wonder we are the Titanic of the states.
Sex is better than great!!... it is magnificent!!! Drugs? You mean like religion? ... Jesus? Right not so much ...

Old 06-30-2012, 10:09 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:

You mentioned sex and drugs, I just mentioned Jesus. Don't be puttin woids in my mouth, Moe.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:54 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
[quote=steven_h;24975150]Where would we be without meddling liberals to guard and regulate our every move? That's the better question.

For a start, we would not have the United States of America, we would still be British, with a Queen, like Canada.

Where would we be without the Reids protecting cowboy festivals?

Sounds to me like the best thing a politician could do, does anyone know what the heck he is referring to?

Last time I checked we've been blue for over 50 years. Our liberal leaders care little for western civilization

Liberals gave us Western Civilization, if Conservatives had controlled Europe we would still all be Feudal.

What have liberals done for the good of this state?

Lets start with water for Los Angeles (a big mistake, I admit) and go on to 213 State Parks, no Dam on the American River at Auburn, drinkable water and breathable air, 26 million acres in 18 National Forest, 6 million acres of designated wilderness, 24 National Parks. etc, etc,.

Quote:
I was nine. My first visit to SF was in 72' when there was a massive Jesus revival, and was most excellent. However, I don't think that spirit visits SF anymore. That is a bad thing?

If peace, love, and rock & roll is at the top of your list you have problems.

How about acoustic rock and roll?

Maybe it's because we have a bunch of LSD dropouts turned politicians running this state.

Document this assertion, you can't, it was BS.

Quote:
I did answer the question. This state has never been conservative, ever. Whatever the condition of Cali is entirely the doing of liberals. Don't forget, the good in the condition of America is entirely the doing of liberals, while bitterly opposed by Conservatives

Old 07-01-2012, 08:30 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
I was nine. My first visit to SF was in 72' when there was a massive Jesus revival, and was most excellent. However, I don't think that spirit visits SF anymore.

If peace, love, and rock & roll is at the top of your list you have problems.

My advice to people today is as follows: if you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out.

That was the HA mantra. I'd agree, that was about the best thing liberals did for the state. Why are drugs still illegal here? Why are we bankrupt? Maybe it's because we have a bunch of LSD dropouts turned politicians running this state.

And if you don't think that's the case, you haven't looked hard enough.
And while Californians have become a very liberal and very God-less people, they aren't really God-less, they've simply turned politicians like Brown and Obama into their Gods, they absolutely believe in leftist politicians. That's where they all put their faith.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:00 AM

Ah. Well. It seems that perhaps one stalwart conservative defender has fallen off the edge of the flat-earth while in search of an answer to "The Question": "What have conservatives ever done for the good of California or the nation?"

But meanwhile, another shows up and demonstrates an inability -- or unwillingness -- to read the previous page of posts?

So Malamute: answer to the question?

Old 07-01-2012, 09:58 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And while Californians have become a very liberal and very God-less people, they aren't really God-less, they've simply turned politicians like Brown and Obama into their Gods, they absolutely believe in leftist politicians. That's where they all put their faith.
This person is ascribing Conservative operants to Liberals, it does not work that way and they have never quite figured it out.

Conservatives view the world hierarchically, that it, they seek and need leaders, as witnessed by the success of rightwing media pundits, Limbaugh et al.

Liberals view the world Globally, that is, everyone co equal, they neither seek nor need leaders, as witnessed by the generally failure of left wing talk radio.

Liberals do not put liberal politicians on Pedestals as Conservatives put right wing politicians on pedestals.

That Conservatives think they do, is because they mistakenly apply their psychological operant to people for whom it does not translate.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:05 AM

In any case, quite a few pages back in this thread I asked whether there were any more traditionally minded GOP left in California. I wondered whether they were sticking it out with the party as it dissolved into total extremism. We have caught a little angry rhetoric but no answers. It would appear more and more by the day that the GOP is done for in California -- as elsewhere in the country. A flailing of arms and rhetoric, angrily protesting their drowning themselves.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
This person is ascribing Conservative operants to Liberals, it does not work that way and they have never quite figured it out.

Conservatives view the world hierarchically, that it, they seek and need leaders, as witnessed by the success of rightwing media pundits, Limbaugh et al.

Liberals view the world Globally, that is, everyone co equal, they neither seek nor need leaders, as witnessed by the generally failure of left wing talk radio.

Liberals do not put liberal politicians on Pedestals as Conservatives put right wing politicians on pedestals.

That Conservatives think they do, is because they mistakenly apply their psychological operant to people for whom it does not translate.
For liberals it's "In Government we Trust".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies