Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 04:15 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
One might notice, my question, asked frequently, never gets answered. The reason is simple, as I am wont to state, Conservatives have only been rocks on the road of progress.
And what have the Liberals done to make this a better place to live? What kind of progress are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 04:28 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
The insanity of the Teabaggrs, birthers, religious fanatics who mistakenly claim America a "Xtian" nation, the hysteria against Mexicans, Muslims, the poor. And now the stripping of financial programs which benefit the poor and Americans impoverished by the loss of jobs. We have never been closer to a religious Oligarchy. It's as though the crazed Conservobots have never read Matthew 25.
I guess we can toss out the One nation under God. I guess we can eliminate all those people that came over here looking for freedom of religion. I suppose we can get rid of the seperation of Church and State (Put in place to protect Churches and not the state) Guess we can toss out the legal tender that claims we all Trust God. Yes this is a Nation of believers and I am so happy that it is. Did you know that it is people of faith that help the poor? Did you know that those people of faith can help those in need much better than any Government program can. Yes I am glad to be a Conservative one that believs in the dignity and abilities of the people that live here. One that believes that people are more resilient that the Liberals would have you believe. This country is the greatest nation in the world and the people don't need a handout that is in place to keep them down, and make sure that they stay poor. Conservatives don't want that for anyone, what they want is to have people reach the middle class and higher. Government programs don't and never have accomplished that for anyone. I have yet to see a government program that benefited anyone other than helping them to remain members of the poor. Why would you or anyone else want that for anyone?

Old 06-27-2012, 05:28 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
I guess we can toss out the One nation under God. I guess we can eliminate all those people that came over here looking for freedom of religion. I suppose we can get rid of the seperation of Church and State (Put in place to protect Churches and not the state) Guess we can toss out the legal tender that claims we all Trust God. Yes this is a Nation of believers and I am so happy that it is
It's also a nation for those who don't believe as well. Don't get me wrong, I have a faith but you don't see me going around bashing those who don't have one. Hypocrite is the word for those types.
Quote:
Did you know that it is people of faith that help the poor?
There are plenty of people not of a faith who help the poor as well. Surely you can't be serious?
Quote:
Yes I am glad to be a Conservative one that believs in the dignity and abilities of the people that live here.
Nonsense, you only believe this if you can put your blinders on and only be surrounded by people in your same economic class.
Quote:
Conservatives don't want that for anyone, what they want is to have people reach the middle class and higher.
Poverty, like wealth is passed down. I don't doubt that conservatives "want". It's their complete inability to care for people once out of the womb that's the issue.Of course now that I think about it I should have stopped at
Quote:
I am glad to be a Conservative
Nuff said.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:16 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I guess we can toss out the One nation under God. I guess we can eliminate all those people that came over here looking for freedom of religion. I suppose we can get rid of the seperation of Church and State (Put in place to protect Churches and not the state) Guess we can toss out the legal tender that claims we all Trust God. Yes this is a Nation of believers and I am so happy that it is. Did you know that it is people of faith that help the poor? Did you know that those people of faith can help those in need much better than any Government program can. Yes I am glad to be a Conservative one that believs in the dignity and abilities of the people that live here. One that believes that people are more resilient that the Liberals would have you believe. This country is the greatest nation in the world and the people don't need a handout that is in place to keep them down, and make sure that they stay poor. Conservatives don't want that for anyone, what they want is to have people reach the middle class and higher. Government programs don't and never have accomplished that for anyone. I have yet to see a government program that benefited anyone other than helping them to remain members of the poor. Why would you or anyone else want that for anyone?
I would point out several things in response:
We aren't "one nation under god" ... we are a nation that separates religion from public policy ... freedom of religion also means freedom from religion and from religious persecution. And who told you the separation was to protect churches and not the state? It is to protect both.

"Legal Tender" ... as you know, we don't all "trust god" ... and people who don't trust in god are just as American as those who choose to ... as per your previous observations.

As Gentoo pointed out: lots of non-believers help those in need ... and if the believers help so much and so much better, why do we still need Food Stamps and other welfare programs? Ans: because charity isn't covering the problem.

There are about 12.7 million "resilient" people out of work these days and only 3.5 million available jobs to fill ... leaving 9.2 million "resilient" folks without opportunity and depending on government handouts and programs ... without which programs most of those 9.2 million citizens would be on the streets starving. This is what government is for: to serve and protect its citizens in time of need.

Note also that it is not possible in our system of consumer capitalism to have everyone rise to middle class and above. There are lots of menial and lower working class labor jobs to be done. Conservatives in particular do not appear inclined to pay middle class and higher wages for menial labor. And the system can't support those high wages even so.

Now then, what have conservatives ever done for this nation was the question ...

Old 06-27-2012, 06:57 PM

730 posts, read 1,918,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
California democrats sinking California into third world status ...
Does "latimes" stand for latina times?

Old 06-27-2012, 08:54 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard View Post
Does "latimes" stand for latina times?
Just as well could, will have to add that one to my list. For decades have had pet names for the Times that fit their political slant and bias. The last one is obsolete, but it was my favorite during the Soviet era.

The Los Angeles Liberal.
Southern California Journal of Collectivism.
West Coast Edition of Pravda.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:15 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
For those still "wondering" who I may have been referring to before..

Old 06-28-2012, 07:18 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
no see you have it wrong, it's usually Republican policies that threaten to turn us into a third world. I mean poor people are just lazy and rich people earned everything they have through hard work, not mommy and daddy's trust fund, am I right? who needs safe working conditions or child labor laws anyway? I mean corporations are people too aren't they?
Well stated.. :

Come on GOP supporters.. start answering some questions... We want to try and understand your mindset, before you go extinct..

Bradley, makes a key point... Corporations are NOT people.. Do any of you GOP folks understand the signifigence of this?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:48 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Really is a curious question for me to ponder in that California is quite unique to any other region in the country ... California is a region unto itself. With the national GOP presenting itself as gone extreme right -- abandoned in increasing measure by those moderate GOP unwilling to cave -- where do traditional California GOP stand on their party's national antics? I know there are fringe tea-party type conservatives in California, as everywhere ... I am not addressing the question to them. How about bona fide California GOP? You going to hang in there or go independent and search for more traditional conservative opportunities?

Old 06-28-2012, 08:04 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Party affiliation should be outlawed. Contributions outlawed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies