Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 11:25 AM

276 posts, read 236,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Why would I be bothered by something that is not true? Obama was born in Hawaii. I am not nearly as bothered by a bunch of nut jobs as the not jobs are bothered by the fact that Obama is eligible to be POTUS and there is nothing they can do about it.
Of course he was born in Hawaii. Why did his literary agents get it so wrong for so long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 AM

276 posts, read 236,216 times
Quote:
Do you have evidence that his birth certificate is an error? A birth certificate can be used to obtain a passport, a driver's license and to prove one's place of birth, an article cannot. What about the article with his birth announcement, it says he was born in Hawaii. Can you prove that was an error? There is far more evidence to prove that he was born in Hawaii than there is to prove that he isn't, but I think you know that.
Yes, I agree he was born in Hawaii.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:27 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I'm just saying, we have enough reasons to vote him out of office we don't need the birther issue, even if it is true. As far as this issue goes, I tend to think there is a lot of smoke for there not to be any fire.

I get what you are saying, not that I agree but I understand and I am open to listen to or debate with anyone who has substantive arguments. If you think the birther movement is a waste of time, you may want to tell them that and while you're at it, you can educate them and tell them why you believe, based on his record and policy Obama should be voted out of office - maybe they'll learn something. Without birthers, there would be no birther movement. Everything cannot be blamed on the Democrats or the left. Birthers are part of the right and if I were a Conservative, I certainly wouldn't want them representing me. Silence gives consent.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:27 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
This is a long debunked falsehood.

Here is the first Birther post in the history of the universe, and it's on the right-wing conservative forum FreeRepublic. It is dated March 1, 2008:

FR CONTEST: "Pin the Middle Name on the Obama"

Three days later the story is being elaborated on this right-wing conservative blog:

RUTHLESS ROUNDUP: FREEDOMS ENEMIES - THE OBAMA STORY

These are more than a month older than any Birther post that can be found posted by any PUMA. Go ahead, prove otherwise. Find the imaginary PUMA Birther posts that are as old as this or older. You can't. You won't find one close.

Ben Smith got it wrong. Now you don't have to.
oh the first is mar 2008????

A 2007 posting at Yahoo Answers asked “If Obama bin HUSSEIN al Barack was born in Kenya, how can he run for president in the US?â€

Democratic blog, The Blue State, who wrote on July 23, 2007, “Obama isn't technically a northerner either since he was born in Kenya... I like a more international view of the world so I like the fact he was born somewhere else.â€

darn in my world 2007 was before 2008

Old 06-27-2012, 11:30 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Anyone who wasn't present at the birth, and I'm pretty sure that includes all of us, doesn't know for sure.

Nothing about his life would surprise me. He's just a tool put in place to do the job of destroying America. Where he came from is anybody's guess. He's a world class liar, and I honestly don't believe a word that falls out of his mouth. He's also an idiot, stupid beyond belief. He is living proof that education does not equal smarts.

If you look up 'enigma' you'll get a picture of Barack Hussein Obama.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:39 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
Was his bio at Acton & Dystel originally on the "internet"? Or was it proof-read and published?
Who cares? It makes no difference whatsoever.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Does it bother you that Obama may be the Source Point for the whole birther thing?
Since we know that he was not, no. It does not bother me one whit.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:41 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
It's sad but at almost 2/3s of republicans believing this crap it's also worry some...
And 1/3 of Democrats believed that Bush either perpetrated the 9/11 attacks or knew about them beforehand.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Do you have evidence that his faulty bio that remained for 16 years was just an.......error?
Yes. We have the first hand testimony of the person who made the error.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
And 1/3 of Democrats believed that Bush either perpetrated the 9/11 attacks or knew about them beforehand.
So... half as many.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies