Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 05:32 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times

Advertisements

Ahh Rush, always the intellectual pillar of salt for the Conservatives.

Anyone like to venture how many imbeciles now believe the Supreme Court is now going to hold "death panels"??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 05:32 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
And when "minding your own business" who pays when you are injured and need extensive medical services? You would refuse treatment?
There are many people in this country that CHOOSE not to have medical insurance. They pay in cash.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:33 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I actually like the plan im in now. But now, my company has the option to pay a penalty instead, so I could lose my plan.
Your company could have flat-out dropped your plan without a penalty before.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Obama said the constitution is flawed, that it spent all of its time limiting the power of federal government. Guess the SC agreed with him. Hail to the king peasant!
What part of the constitution did obama say was flawed and when did he say that. Link? or just histrionics?

Old 06-28-2012, 05:34 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Not sure how I feel on this yet-I read a lot of posts about people unhappy that they MUST have Health Insurance-Why would you NOT want to have it? What if, God forbid, something catastrophic happened-how would you be able to afford to pay the expenses? I understand not wanting to be forced to do something, I really do, but I can't get why folks would choose to not be covered in case of the unexpected?

Old 06-28-2012, 05:35 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Ahh Rush, always the intellectual pillar of salt for the Conservatives.

Anyone like to venture how many imbeciles now believe the Supreme Court is now going to hold "death panels"??
Why do I have this mental image of Sarah Palin with Trigg walking in to face the Death Panel, and only Trigg walking out?

Old 06-28-2012, 05:35 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Not sure how I feel on this yet-I read a lot of posts about people unhappy that they MUST have Health Insurance-Why would you NOT want to have it? What if, God forbid, something catastrophic happened-how would you be able to afford to pay the expenses? I understand not wanting to be forced to do something, I really do, but I can't get why folks would choose to not be covered in case of the unexpected?
Would be nice if, under Obamacare, I was still allowed to keep my catastrophic plan. However, under this plan, those policies go away.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:36 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Remember Dems. Last time you claimed a health care victory, how many seats did you lose in the next elections? You better start calming your cheering and such.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:36 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Do you drive? What if you get in a car accident and need major hospitalization? AHA will provide subsidies for people like you who make very little and still purchase health care.
And where is the money coming from? The sky?

Old 06-28-2012, 05:38 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
In CANADA our judges including those on our Supreme Court are not elected but appointed. I really don't believe they are out for the good of the common citizen. Your high court may be elected by I would say that the election of judges in America may as well be appointments- I just don't trust anyone that has the title "supreme"- it's just to creepy and gives the impression they do not answer to anyone- which is unlikely- The do the bidding of the elite...cos they are part of that exclusive club...Death panels? Well not for their own but possibly for the unwashed masses. Look at their faces and judge by what you see..You can judge a book by it's cover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies