Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 07:01 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,419,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux
Good point - so now the "lower" 50% will actually have to pay for the benefits they receive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No, most of the lower 50% already have free government insurance, or get rebates, which will offset any tax they would have to pay.
What and take from their drug, cigarette and beer money (money they get for selling their foodstamps). No they don't pay anything as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 07:01 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,066,468 times
Default change 'healthcare' for anything else

Being that the Supreme Court has authorized giving power to the congress to 'mandate' anything and impose a 'tax' if you refuse to comply, the President signed the following bills-
To save the world from CO2 emmisions, any new vehicle purchased must be a Chevy Volt.
All home owners must purchase a thermostat that is limited to a range of 66-69 degrees for heat and 77-80 degrees cool.
The government is concerned about your health, you will required to purchase brocoli once a week. All 52 receipts will be attached to your tax reports on April 15 as proof of purchase.
Failure to comply will result in a penalty, now known as a 'tax'.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:03 PM

302 posts, read 580,172 times
This really should put to rest Obama's campaign to have the rich pay "just a little more" Eh?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:04 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,015,045 times
I want the liberals to answer this one:

If Obama is saying this is not a tax, argued that quite a bit actually, why did he go to the Supreme Court and argue it was a tax?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Truth bother you. They had bill boards up asking for nurses . Now it will be a fiasco for anyone to get an appointment.. good luck in 2014.
Agree, Nurses to patient ratios are already stretched beyond safe limits. (the number of patients one nurse has to take care of). It will get worse and there will be a sever doctor shortage.

This made billionaire for some industries and lawyers will get richer.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:07 PM

27,096 posts, read 15,289,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
What part of the constitution did obama say was flawed and when did he say that. Link? or just histrionics?

Here you go,

You can search for the video now that you know where it is from.

From a 2001 interview on Chicago’s public radio station WBEZ FM;

Obama-
"If you look at the victories and failures of the civil rights movement and its litigation strategy in the court, I think where it succeeded was to invest formal rights in previously dispossessed people, so that now I would have the right to vote. I would now be able to sit at the lunch counter and order and as long as I could pay for it I’d be OK. But, the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and of more basic issues such as political and economic justice in society. To that extent, as radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn’t that radical. It didn’t break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution, at least as it’s been interpreted, and the Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can’t do to you. Says what the federal government can’t do to you, but doesn’t say what the federal government or state government must do on your behalf.
And that hasn’t shifted and one of the, I think, tragedies of the civil rights movement was because the civil rights movement became so court-focused I think there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change. In some ways we still suffer from that."

Apparently he holds no respect or understanding of why our Federal form of government had restrictions put on it.
Odd since he took an Oath to uphold and defend it.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:09 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,443 times
We are screwed. All this has done is make us realize that the only limit to the taxes that the government can impose on us is the 2nd Amendment. How far are we going to let this government take us before we take up arms? How far before you realize that what they are doing is not right?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
If you make your appointment now you should be able to see the doc in 2014...

:grin:
LOL, I'm glad you wrote that. I don't know what I will need to see the doctor for but I don't want to take chances on dying before the doctor can see me. I'm calling the doctor to set my 2014 appointment tomorrow

Old 06-28-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
Well said! [MOD CUT/off topic]
Robeaux, guess you got the gag order. I wonder what you said lol.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,522,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Anybody got any good loopholes yet for avoiding the tax?
You could ask Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies