Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2012, 09:21 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Do you have ANY idea about what he wrote in the Op-ed? Heck, did you even bother to read it?
Yes i read it. I'm not comfortable that Romeny was in favor of this type of health care law. However, even he does not like what we ended up with, and detests the process the dems used to pass ObamaCare.

Romney will repeal this corrupt law, with his new Republican majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 09:28 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I'll let Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father, American diplomat, statesman, and scientist address this:
Did he envision a time where over 50% of a person's wealth is confiscated by government? No, he did not. BTW, what was the federal income tax when Franklin made those comments?

Old 06-29-2012, 09:34 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Can someone please tell me what is the real probelm? From what I understand this bill would lower the people who already have insurance rates and prevent them from overcharging with excessive administrative fees to the point that many of you will get some sort of refund over the summer.

The few of you who are so selfish to make the mean spirited remarks about paying for someone else's care, you are already doing that whenever someone who had a illness that never was treated and goes to the emergency room after it got worst. Who do you think pays for that visit not to mention the time spent on non-emergency treatments, yep we all do. So my question is why are you complaining about it, are you afraid that someone less fortunate is going to get healthy on your dime? <nods head in disgust>

We have become so self centered and so easy manipulated by wealthy politicans who btw have excellent healthcare for themselves and their families pretend like they have your interest at heart. If they had the same insurance that most of us had they would not be making cuts and changes to it in the first place.
It's a fabricated problem by the very people that admitted that their only goal was to make Obama a one term POTUS. Their base is too dumnbed down to understand that once all of the Affordable Healthcare Act goes into effect, it will be very popular, not to mention a lifesaver for people and kids that would not be insured otherwise. The GOP is foaming at the mouth and have easily managed to whip their base into a frenzy. Unbelievable!

Opt out if you don't want it and you most likely live in a red state that will opt out and if you don't live in a red state, you probably should, so move to one.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:38 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
That's essentially what people are doing now and it isn't working.

Why would you NOT want to buy health insurance anyway? It makes no sense.
Because they never get sick (or so they say). They're gonna live forever.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:51 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Americans I've talked to on holiday told me that they don't dare leave their jobs, even if they are unhappy at work.They stay because their company pays for their medical insurance.
America has some of the most unhappy employees in the world.
That won't change under this AHA.
Nor will companies/employers guarantee
to pay for medical insurance under this "affordable health care act"

Only a single payer system would alleviate that anxiety.

"Instead of eliminating the root of the problem, the profit-driven, private health insurance industry, this legislation hands them $557 billion in taxpayer money through 2020. The total windfall to private insurers from the Affordable Care Act, including tax subsidies, consumers' share of premiums and overhead and profits on Medicaid managed care plans, is well over $1 trillion" - Bloomberg Government study.

There is nothing about the AHA to celebrate before or after the Supreme Court ruling.
It was/is not forthcoming in excessive cost that the unhappy employee/federal
tax payer of America will be paying, and I am not just talking in dollars...

AHA killed a single payer system for decades.
With "these friends" Dems & Repubs,
who needs enemies...
if we really wanted affordable health care, we will be waiting a "long time".

National Health Insurance Debate Under Nixon - YouTube

6:26 "We prefer to see nothing come out of this Congress, than that kind of compromise"
Funny how as time goes on, things remain the same....

Old 06-29-2012, 09:54 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,421,842 times
AGAIN, they lied and got away with it. LOL AND YOU THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY THE RICH WHO WERE GOING TO GET HIT with a tax increase! You blindly followed and they fooled you. I thin that was the reason it got through, to wake people up to the tax only the rich lie.

New Flash!
On January 1, 2013 - More taxes for everyday middle Americans

Americans will see the tax on their first $8,700 of income jump from a 10% rate to 15% rate.

Do both mom and dad have to work to make ends. Bad news, the marriage penalty will be back into effect and you will pay more taxes.

Child credit increase will expire from $1000.00 deduction per child to only $500.00 per child which results in more taxes for you. (oh except for the very poor) we will just pay them.

Roll those changes up and a family filing as married with two children making $50,000, will see their taxes increase by basically $2,700

Last edited by eRayP; 06-29-2012 at 10:13 AM..

Old 06-29-2012, 10:02 AM

957 posts, read 757,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
And you have no problem with the government forcing people to spend their money to purchase something they may not want to purchase? You believe that's a valid function of the federal government? I believe that's NOT a function of government. I believe I should decide if I want to buy something, and that no government should have a say in the matter.
OK, Bill, let's go back to the days when you were denied medical treatment if you didn't have insurance or were unable to pay, would that work for you?
You get hit by a bus and the EMT must first check your insurance card prior to taking you to the emergency room. No means to cover your medical expenses, they leave you on the road to die.
Is that your vision of a civilized society? Personally, I wouldn't want to live in a society like that.
Yes, I do believe it's a proper function of the Federal Government to require that you purchase insurance, because if left to the desecration of the states, some states wouldn't require that you do so. You're now a person who lacks insurance coverage & when visiting my state (which requires residents have insurance) you suffer a heart attack and end up in one of my state's ER with no means to pay. So, who's going to pay for your treatment if your unable to come up with the money?

Old 06-29-2012, 10:11 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
The Republican Party will use this decision to drive home a 3-way victory in November. This issue is what The American Public is (and has been) fervent about...and the timing couldn't be a better gift for The Republican Party. The November elections for President, Congress and The Senate will hinge on this matter. And the number don't support the current administration's decision. The majority middle class just does not support it.

Good luck, Obama...you'll need it.
What? How, when Reps. are running with Mitt? Or is everyone going to mysteriously forget that Mitt did the same thing for the State of Massachusetts?

Sorry, but your "gift" is a Trojan Horse. First off, nominating Romney as the Republican candidate alone is enough to ensure an Obama victory. Ron Paul had a better chance than Romney.

2. For all that he has done and didn't do that I do not agree with, keep in mind that Obama is the President who "got" Bin Laden; "took out" several other key Al-Qaeda leaders; ended the War in Iraq; began the withdraw from Afghanistan; ended Don't Ask Don't Tell; openenly "supported" gay marriage, although in a round-about sort of way; and found more help for veterans and 9/11 rescue workers than Bush, Jr. or any other Republican for that matter. And of course, Obamacare. Like it or hate it, these will get Obama votes.

Obama has the upcoming election won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
ObamaCare has put us in the position where both you and your insurance company are sitting at the table, fretting over a health insurance contract that neither you, nor your insurance agent want to sign. But you are forced to buy it, or be punished, and your insurance company must provide it, or be punished. Welcome to tyranny.

This president does nothing else but lie for political gain.
Right, dude. So it's not tyranny when the insurance company has full "legal" rights to pick and choose who they cover, to drop coverage without fault, to deny coverage for whatever whim they decide.

And, what politician has not lied for political gain? Their appointment is their job, career. They need to say what-ever they think you want to hear in order to stay employed (elected). This is true all across the board.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:12 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,421,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
AGAIN, they lied and got away with it. LOL AND YOU THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY THE RICH WHO WERE GOING TO GET HIT with a tax increase! You blindly followed and they fooled you. I thin that was the reason it got through, to wake people up to the tax only the rich lie.

New Flash!
On January 1, 2013 - More taxes for everyday middle Americans

Americans will see the tax on their first $8,700 of income jump from a 10% rate to 15% rate.

Do both mom and dad have to work to make ends. Bad news, the marriage penalty will be back into effect and you will pay more taxes.

Child credit increase will expire from $1000.00 deduction per child to only $500.00 per child which results in more taxes for you. (oh except for the very poor) we will just pay them.

Roll those changes up and a family filing as married with two children making $50,000, will see their taxes increase by basically $2,700
That an extra $112.50 per paycheck or $225.00 MORE per month of your income that goes to taxes.

Do you feel rich?

Old 06-29-2012, 10:13 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Yes, I do believe it's a proper function of the Federal Government to require that you purchase insurance, because if left to the desecration of the states, some states wouldn't require that you do so. You're now a person who lacks insurance coverage & when visiting my state (which requires residents have insurance) you suffer a heart attack and end up in one of my state's ER with no means to pay. So, who's going to pay for your treatment if your unable to come up with the money?
It is not the proper function of the Federal Government to require one to "purchase" anything.
But, Congress can "tax" as in Medicare tax as in Medicare for ALL.
^^^you wouldn't have to worry about your scenario, if a single payer system was in place,
now would you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies